Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > River Cruising

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

River Cruising Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls

Old March 29th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default River Aria

We are taking the Grand Circle Travel River Cruise The Great Rivers of Europe in June on the River Aria. Is anyone familiar with this ship? We are starting the trip with the pre-trip to Vienna. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old March 31st, 2009, 10:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default River Aria

The Aria is a great boat. We went on the Great Rivers last May and were on the Aria. It is newer than Rhaposdy etc. The thing we liked the best were the 2 small lounges just above reception. One was a card and game rooom and the other a library. We went there to consume our "beverages" which we brought from home so as not to be in the bar area. The cabins were also nicer. The crew was outstanding---the best we have had in 4 trips. We signed up for the Black Sea trip and at the time were on the Area. We received a letter saying that we were now on the Adagio, whihc is the same layout. At a GCT brunch in Ft. Lauderale they said that the Aria had been leased out. I am glad that it is back. If you need any other info jut let me know, We leave May 5 for the Black Sea---river trip #5.

Old April 1st, 2009, 07:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default River Aria

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliodoc View Post
We are taking the Grand Circle Travel River Cruise The Great Rivers of Europe in June on the River Aria. Is anyone familiar with this ship? We are starting the trip with the pre-trip to Vienna. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I have taken two trips on the River Aira with GCT the first one in 2002 from Passau to Budapest and the second one in 2004 from Bucharest to Budapest. I found that the ship was well kept and very comfortable. The bed were not a problem for me as I was in Room 300 one time and Room 325 on the second trip. The food was good and I enjoyed the people on the ship and the crew. Although these trips were some time ago I have always been pleased with the GCT trips that I have taken. I took the Great Rivers of Europe in 2005 that you are taking from Vienna to Amsterdam only this time it was on the MS Bizet and that was my all time favorite trip of the four I have taken with GCT. The last one was in 2006 The Romance of the Rhine & Mosel Rivers from Antwerp to Basel on the MS Debussy which was also a nice ship although smaller then the River Aria.

Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorlady View Post
The Aria is a great boat. We went on the Great Rivers last May and were on the Aria. It is newer than Rhaposdy etc. The thing we liked the best were the 2 small lounges just above reception. One was a card and game rooom and the other a library. We went there to consume our "beverages" which we brought from home so as not to be in the bar area. The cabins were also nicer. The crew was outstanding---the best we have had in 4 trips. We signed up for the Black Sea trip and at the time were on the Area. We received a letter saying that we were now on the Adagio, whihc is the same layout. At a GCT brunch in Ft. Lauderale they said that the Aria had been leased out. I am glad that it is back. If you need any other info jut let me know, We leave May 5 for the Black Sea---river trip #5.
My wife and I will also be on the Adagio in May. We fly to Bucharest May 8th, but we are not doing the pre-trip. My in-laws have been on the Adagio and it is very similar to the Aria. Last April, Nancy and I were on the Concerto in Amsterdam and Brussels. Springtime was gorgeous.
We are so looking forward to this trip, since we have not been to any of these countries. My in-laws did this trip a couple of years ago and loved it.

Glenn

Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Aria

We must be on the same trip but we are taking the pre trip as we have been to Prague. We leave may 5 for the pre. Email Ellislhp@aol.com

Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

We were on the Aria for the Great Rivers GCT trip just last October. Great trip and ship. The crew, including the captain, were all charming, friendly and eager to ensure that we had a wonderful trip. The food was consistently excellent and very plentiful. The ship is well laid out and the beds are SO comfortable. (The seats that they become during the day--not so comfortable--. If we wanted to read in the cabin, we just put the beds down. You can put the head of the bed up to make it like a chaise.) The itinerary is filled with great medieval towns, beautiful vineyards and riverside scenery, and fascinating river traffic. You even sail OVER a road while on the Main-Danube Canal. Don't miss the Old Sausage Kitchen in Regensburg! I just sadly finished off my supply of the fantastic mustard they sell there. Have a great trip!

Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Enjoyed the Aria. Food was quite good and the staff was very good.

Riverboat Arapaima Peruvian Amazon April 2012
Celebrity Constellation 14 day Carib. Feb 2011
Costa Fortuna Caribbean February 2009
Cochin Kerala India Houseboat December 2008
NCL Dream Boston/Halifax+Sidney N.S./Maine 2008
Gate 1 MS Deutschland Rhine/Moselle 2007
Norwegian Majesty Boston/Bermuda 2007
Chardonney Rhone and Soane 2006
HA Zaandam Panama Canal 2006
River Aria Danube Eastern Europe 2005
Celebrity Constellation Trans Atlantic 2004
Cunard Caronia Canaries and Madeira 2003
MSC Melody Brazil 2002
Ankhanhut River Nile 2001
Nordic Prince Mexican Riveria 1997
Carnival Tropical Southern Carib 1990
HA Niew Amsterdam West Carrib 1987
Carnival Holiday South Carib 1980
Carnival Marti Gras Nassau St Thomas 1975

Old May 16th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default MS River Aria

Crew and staff of the MS River Aria last December (2008) were terrific, and kudos to chef and maitre d' who dealt patiently and cordially with my food needs. Some photos from our cruise are posted here. http://www.katmulkey.com/photography...Highlights.htm

Old April 29th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi, everyone. I just signed up for an Old World Prague and the Blue Danube River cruise, on the River Aria, for Sept. 30th. I am going solo. Is anyone else going on this trip?

Old December 8th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

We are taking that trip on the River Aria on July 31 and doing the Budapest post-trip. Will try to remember to let you know how it was.