Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old August 19th, 2008, 08:03 PM
5,000+ Club

Cool Have You Ever Stayed On The Lido Deck? Pros And Cons...

We've chosen a cabin on the Lido Deck, on the Sapphire.

My DH requested that he stay on this deck so he could walk past the pool area; not have to use the elevator or stairs, when going to the Horizon Court or when eating a Pizza or Hamburger for lunch; and, we could just go straight up the forward elevator, to our cabin, after the show, in the evening.

What do you think? Have you ever stayed there? Would the cabins be more noisey? I can't think of any cons.....can you?

Old August 19th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Would love thoughts on the Lido also. We are booked on L256 on the Emerald. Fist Lido deck cabin, thought we would do something different. Hope we didn't make a mistake

Old August 19th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

We have been on Caribbean Princess twice. Both times were on the Lido. No problems with noise. I did notice a bit of motion, but not too much. We liked being so close to all the action on the Lido deck. We are going to be on the Lido again in April on the Emerald. I think you will be happy with the location of your cabin. Have a great cruise!

Old August 19th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

We had L206 on the CB this past November and it was wonderful. A big con would be that we had rough seas the first few nights which led to us feeling a lot more movement being that high up but it was nothing that some Bonine/Dramamine couldn't fix. However, the pros far outweigh the cons. Being that close to all the action was wonderful and a big time saver.

Enjoy your cruise.
-Andrew
Crown Princess, Western Caribbean, November 2010 - Pictures or Review
Emerald Princess, Southern Caribbean, November 2011 - Pictures or Review
Emerald Princess, Southern Caribbean, November 2012 - Pictures or Review
Royal Princess, Eastern Caribbean, November 2013 - Pictures or Review
Ruby Princess, Western Caribbean, December 2013 - Pictures or Review
Ruby Princess, Western Caribbean, February 2014

Old August 19th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

We always book a cabin on the same deck as the pool. As previous posters mentioned, it's great being so close to the pool, grill, buffet and MUTS. Especially on sea days, when you're hanging out at the pool and need to go back to your cabin for forgotten items or a bathroom break. And, it's close to the "secret door" leading out to the deck over the bridge. As far as extra motion, I guess we've been lucky. We've never encountered any extra movement on this deck. We just love it!!

Celebrity Solstice - September 2013
Emerald Princess - November 2012
Emerald Princess - December 2011
Crown Princess - April 2010
Ruby Princess - October 2009
Crown Princess - October 2008
Emerald Princess - October 2007
Sun Princess - October 2006
Sun Princess - October 2005
Dawn Princess - October 2004
Grand Princess - October 2003
Costa Atlantica - May 2002
Dolphin - July 1997

Ad Sponsored By
Old August 19th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

We had a lido deck cabin on the Star. It was actually pretty quiet. Since so much of the Lido deck is public areas, the cabin section feels somewhat secluded. It was nice to be so close to the pools, bars, and pizza! I prefer Caribe deck simply because the balconies are bigger. Otherwise would book a Lido cabin again in a heart beat.

Old August 19th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

We stayed on Lido - I think L239 - on the CB. It was wonderful. If you do a search you will find a lot of info on staying on this deck.
We always get a balcony and, for the first time, we rarely used it. We were so close to the pools, we stayed out there most of the time.
You are going to love it!

Old August 19th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Clutterlady, We'll be on the L250 in October for 18 nights. Will let you know how it is - as L256 should be pretty much the same.

Only thing I'd caution to the OP is that the other side (starboard?) some of the rooms are under the gym. I avoided that side because I was not sure if you'd hear noise from the machines or aerobics classes above.

From what I've read on the boards, people seem to enjoy the Lido rooms and you don't hear too much noise from the pool, MUTs, etc. And there are less cabins for the stewards. The only thing I'm dreading is catching an elevator when everyone comes back from port at the same time. Taking the stairs would be a pain...

RCCL Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean, Feb. 2014
NCL Dawn Western Caribbean, Jan. 2013
HAL ms Nieuw Amsterdam Western Caribbean, Jan. 2011
Emerald Princess 18-Night Transatlantic, Oct. 2008
Crown Princess Southern Caribbean, Dec. 2006
NCL Wind 11-Night Hawaii, June 2005
Grand Princess Eastern Caribbean, Sept. 2001

Old August 19th, 2008, 10:45 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesCruisin View Post
Clutterlady, We'll be on the L250 in October for 18 nights. Will let you know how it is - as L256 should be pretty much the same.

Only thing I'd caution to the OP is that the other side (starboard?) some of the rooms are under the gym. I avoided that side because I was not sure if you'd hear noise from the machines or aerobics classes above.

From what I've read on the boards, people seem to enjoy the Lido rooms and you don't hear too much noise from the pool, MUTs, etc. And there are less cabins for the stewards. The only thing I'm dreading is catching an elevator when everyone comes back from port at the same time. Taking the stairs would be a pain...
Extra stairs = two desserts!!!

Old August 20th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesCruisin View Post

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Lido when you get back!

Have a wonderful cruise

Old August 20th, 2008, 08:38 AM
5,000+ Club

Cabins on the Lido (pool) deck: they're all PRO, no CON!

At your fingertips: Swimming, Comfy lounge chairs, Food, Ice Cream, Movies, Beverage Service, as well as the Sun in the morning and the Moon at night. What's not to like!

It's all good.
2000 Mercury W. Caribbean
2000 Volendam S. Caribbean
2001 Viking Star Danube River
2001 Veendam E. Caribbean
2002 Veendam B2B Alaska
2003 Zuiderdam B2B W/E Caribbean
2004 Maasdam E. Caribbean
2005 Grand Princess W. Caribbean,
2005 RVI Europe
2005 Veendam S. Caribbean
2006 Grand Princess W. Caribbean
2007 Grand Princess W. Caribbean
2008 Crown Princess S. Caribbean
2008 Sea Princess Canada/New England
2009 Maasdam S. Caribbean
2009 Crown Princess British Isles
2010 Grand Princess S. Caribbean
2010 Carnival Conquest W. Caribbean
2010 Crown Princess W. Caribbean
2011 Maasdam S. Caribbean
2011 Emerald Princess B2B E/S Caribbean
2012 Carnival Magic W. Caribbean
2013 Crown Princess W. Caribbean
2014 Caribbean Princess W. Caribbean January 11
2014 Caribbean Princess W. Caribbean April 19

Old August 20th, 2008, 08:41 AM
5,000+ Club

YES!!! Our Lido deck cabin was the best ever. It was surprisingly quiet and oh, so convenient. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I can't think of any reason not to want to.
Carnival Pride 5/4/02, Carnival Conquest 1/19/03, Carnival Legend 1/16/04, Carnival Destiny 10/24/04, Inspiration 5/19/05, Star Princess 7/14/05, Carnival Valor 10/30/05, Carnival Liberty 4/1/06, Sun Princess 6/4/06, Inspiration 2/3/07, Carnival Victory 7/17/08, Crown Princess 10/12/08, Carnival Freedom 5/3/09, Carnival Dream (transatlantic) 10/27/09, Fascination 10/25/10, Fascination 10/10/11, Paradise 1/19/12, Carnival Legend 5/13/12, Fascination 10/27/12, Fascination 1/19/13, Carnival Legend 3/3/13 , Fascination 4/8/13, Paradise 8/24/13, Carnival Dream 9/21/13, Ecstasy 10/12/13,Sensation 11/10/13, Sensation 11/14/13, Carnival Legend 11/17/13 Carnival Dream 12/7/13, Carnival Dream 4/5/14 repositioning cruise, Carnival Freedom 7/26/14

Old August 20th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

We stayed on the Lido deck on the CB for two weeks and it was great! It was very quiet and we didn't feel any motion at all. I think that it was the smoothest trip we have ever had. Of course it was great being able to walk out of the cabin and have access to just about everything right there!
10/14 Caribbean Princess - Western Caribbean * 1/14 Ruby Princess - Caribbean Getaway * 9/11 Caribbean Princess - Canada/New England * 06/10 Caribbean Princess - Bermuda/Eastern Caribbean * 10/09 Caribbean Princess - Bermuda/Eastern Caribbean * 05/09 Caribbean Princess - Bermuda/Eastern Caribbean * 9/08 Carnival Victory - Canada/New England * 8/07 Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean * 5/07 Caribbean Princess -B2B Eastern & Western Caribbean * 10/06 Crown Princess - Eastern Caribbean * 5/06 Carnival Legend - Eastern Caribbean * 10/05 Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera * 9/04 RC Voyager of the Seas-Canada/New England * 5/04 Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean * 9/03 Golden Princess - Canada/New England

Old August 20th, 2008, 02:54 PM
5,000+ Club

YIPPEEEE!!!!!! Thanks everyone for your responses....you've talked me into it...Sounds like we made a good decision. Of all the cruises we've been on, we've never stayed on Lido (I love "FIRSTS").....Made final payment....and, now the anticipation begins (one of my favorite parts of the cruise experience!)

Old August 20th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Did Lido a few months ago on CB. It was fine, no noise and location was certainly desirable.....

Old August 20th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Roz, hope you, Brenda and the rest of the family have a great cruise. Don't you want to change to the Emerald Princess, 10/31? We could have some great SD story swapping, not to mention being charter members of the "Love a Lab" club!!! Karen

Old August 20th, 2008, 08:04 PM
5,000+ Club

Hey, Karen: Where's the Emerald going? How much fun would that be????

I've done my final payment.....My TA would have a "cow!" We already moved this cruise twice......I do have to give my DH some choices!!!!

And, Miss Brenny, well, she goes where MaMa goes!

I'd love to cruise with you. We'd have so much fun.....of course we'd have to rename the cruise and you, Brenda and me would be too busy to pay much attention to anyone else!!!!

You'd love her! She's such a joy to travel with! The second the ship rolls out from the dock, she wants to go on deck and put her head over the side to watch the waves and take in the salt air!!!!! Such a "sea dog!"

Old August 20th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

We would have a great time, probably bore everyone to tears with our dog stories!! we are on Emerald's 10 day Eastern Carribbean cruise and are very exicted about this trip. Where is your cruise taking you? I had a golden out today for an exciting trip to Target and Circuit City(love that long wall of big screen TV's and all with the Olympics on), did a tour with a black lab/golden mix who is the smartest sweetest dog and will be someones forever friend soon.

Old August 20th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

We love the lido deck also. In fact we have the same cabin booked on our Crown cruise in Oct that we had on the CB. My husband loves walking down to the buffet late in the evening and bringing a plate of deserts or sometimes they have chocolate covered strawberrys back to the room and we sit out on the balcony and relax. We hardly noticed any noise what so ever. Sometimes it just is to tempting walking past that pizza bar and not grabbing a slice and taking it back to our room. You will enjoy the lido deck.

Old August 20th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Thumbs up

we had L311 on golden, no noise and was convenient,had no issues with these rooms,all you gotta do is have fun))