Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call

Old January 28th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Wine package aboard the NCL Sun?

Hi - was wondering if anyone knew if "wine packages" are offered onboard the Sun? When we cruised Royal Carribean a few years ago, they offered us a package at dinner the first night, whereby we purchased 8 or 9 bottles of wine for a reduced price than the price per bottle. There were a few different packages, with different wines available in each package, and obviously at different price ranges, depending on the quality of the wines within that category. It made sense for us on that cruise as we were a party of 12 (8 adults) dining together. I have cruised on NCL previously, and don't remember this being an option, although I would most likely not have taken advantage of it as I was traveling with only my husband and two small children. We will be sailing the Sun in March with 14 people (11 adults) and would love to take advantage of a package, if they are available.

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 28th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default wine package

Hi,
I don't have a positive answer but wonder if the free style dining doesn't allow them to offer it for the hassle seeing how you don't have the same waiters and such.

Old January 28th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

NCL does not offer a wine package like the one you describe.

What they do offer however is a promotion where, depending on the length of the cruise, you buy 5 and get the 6th bottle free or buy 6 and get the 7th bottle free, etc. They average out the price of the bottles you bought and that is what is credited towards your free bottle. Just make sure to keep all your dining room / bar / room service slips you signed for all bottles to your shipboard account. All receipts must be signed for by the same person and billed to same account.

Cheers !

September 2014 - Princess Sapphire - 17-day Grand Asia

Last edited by taxmantoo; January 28th, 2008 at 02:38 PM.

Old January 28th, 2008, 02:49 PM
5,000+ Club

Default Taxmantoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
NCL does not offer a wine package like the one you describe.

What they do offer however is a promotion where, depending on the length of the cruise, you buy 5 and get the 6th bottle free or buy 6 and get the 7th bottle free, etc. They average out the price of the bottles you bought and that is what is credited towards your free bottle. Just make sure to keep all your dining room / bar / room service slips you signed for all bottles to your shipboard account. All receipts must be signed for by the same person and billed to same account.

Cheers !
I hadn't read that before. Do they advertise this on boarding day in the daily paper, or are there signs set up or what? Every little bit of information is valuable here!

Old January 28th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

I don't remember it being outrageously advertised either in the Daylies or elsewhere. I remember it being offered to us when we bought our first bottle. If they don't offer, ask about it. It is still available on all NCL ships.

September 2014 - Princess Sapphire - 17-day Grand Asia

Old January 30th, 2008, 05:57 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
I don't remember it being outrageously advertised either in the Daylies or elsewhere. I remember it being offered to us when we bought our first bottle. If they don't offer, ask about it. It is still available on all NCL ships.
Did that occur in one of the dining rooms or a ship's store? Thanks

Old January 31st, 2008, 06:38 AM
10,000+ Club

See also this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=702965

“Cruise” review – ss Rotterdam (V), June 2013.

Dual-purpose HOHO buses available in London: functioning simultaneously as tourist traps and roadblocks.

Fascinating Aida tell us of the perils of Cheap Flights.

Netiquette: Have you watched this: Posting and you ...? And do you know How to Behave on an Internet Forum?
Thinking of starting a new thread? Have you searched for your answer already? Can you post to an existing thread?
Countdown clocks: How to set one up? Click here.
Princess Cruises ship designators - the current list here.