Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old December 10th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Ellen ~ you posted in the correct spot. And I didn't see a roll call previously started for your cruise. In looking over the Expedition roll calls, some don't have a lot of participation. Hang in there and hopefully you will find some folks to join you.

Do look at the long running Expedition thread found here....it's long but just read through the last several pages.
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ition&page=452

ENJOY....you'll have a great time! This cruise is on my MUST DO list!

Old January 8th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default 14 night holy land cruise departing ll/6/2011

my wife and l will be coming to join you from San Francisco.
The ship is sure selling itself as all spruced up and ready to treat us right.
hoping to hear from fellow passengers in the future,

Old January 16th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

[quote=Host Anne;10002770]There have been several threads started here recently on the main Celebrity board where cruisers are searching for others sailing with them. It occurred to me that we have so many new members here on Cruise Critic that many may not be aware that we have a ROLL CALL section within Cruise Critic where you can find others cruising with you.

Therefore, I thought I'd post a quick note to explain what ROLL CALLS are and how you can find one for your sailing.

WHAT ARE THEY?
Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Celebrity board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?
There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for Celebrity ships (called Celebrity Connections). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 Click here and then locate your ship that you'll be cruising on. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. Celebrity's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?
You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?
No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general Celebrity cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contac me or Host Walt and we'll be happy to help.

Hi Anne, I need help. I tried to register but it wouldn't work. I kept on getting a prompt to enter a correct last name. I called X Reservations but they were of no help. They would not register me-they said I had to do it online. I even tried to register a friend who is cruising with us but that didn't work either. Any ideas? Thanks, Curtis

Old January 19th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Chaka ~ I'm not sure if you are referring to joining your roll call or signing up for the Celebrity Connections party on board. The roll calls reside here on cruise critic and you don't need to register for them. If it's the party you are trying to register for, you need your booking ID number and your name as it appears on your cruise confirmation. This is the same information you need to log onto Celebrity's website to take care of your on-line documentation. Have you tried logging on to MY CELEBRITY to see if your booking ID and name work there? If they do, they should work for signing up for the CONNECTIONS party to as it's working from the same database.

So let me know if you are referring to the roll call or the party and I'll try to assist further. Let me know what ship you are on and what your sailing date is.

Old January 19th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Host Anne View Post
Chaka ~ I'm not sure if you are referring to joining your roll call or signing up for the Celebrity Connections party on board. The roll calls reside here on cruise critic and you don't need to register for them. If it's the party you are trying to register for, you need your booking ID number and your name as it appears on your cruise confirmation. This is the same information you need to log onto Celebrity's website to take care of your on-line documentation. Have you tried logging on to MY CELEBRITY to see if your booking ID and name work there? If they do, they should work for signing up for the CONNECTIONS party to as it's working from the same database.

So let me know if you are referring to the roll call or the party and I'll try to assist further. Let me know what ship you are on and what your sailing date is.
Hi Anne, I was able to sign up for the CC Party, but I'm confused, I thought the Roll Call and the Party were one in the same. Thanks, Curtis

Old January 19th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Curtis ~ no, they are not the same. The Roll Call is a thread that resides here on Cruise Critic so people sailing together can chat before the cruise. The Connections Party is an event that is hosted on board by Celebrity for Cruise Critic members. Many that attend the party do participate in the roll call but it isn't required. Hope this helps.

Old January 30th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Has Cruise Critic thought of installing a date selector for the Roll Calls? It is ridiculous how many varieties of date formats are used. That would make it very easy for people to find their sailing, and would prevents other threads from being started for the same sailing. I just started one for the Feb 24 Century sailing. It's hard to believe there isn't another one this close to the sailing.

Old February 5th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

I have not signed up yet, but wanted to see the roll call for the Celebrity Coastal Cruise from San Diego to Vancouver on 5/14. How do I do that?

Old February 5th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

MS1999 ~ I'll pass your suggestion along to management. I did not see another roll call for your sailing.

KC ~ click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 to be taken to the page that lists all of the Celebrity ships. Select the ship for your sailing (you didn't mention the name of the ship or I would have found the exact thread for you) and then look for the date of your cruise. If you can't find it, come back and tell me what ship you are looking for and I'll find the roll call for you.

Old February 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms1999 View Post
Has Cruise Critic thought of installing a date selector for the Roll Calls? It is ridiculous how many varieties of date formats are used. That would make it very easy for people to find their sailing, and would prevents other threads from being started for the same sailing. I just started one for the Feb 24 Century sailing. It's hard to believe there isn't another one this close to the sailing.
Hi there!

The answer is yes, and at one point we had a functionality we called the "Roll Call Tool. Essentially this was an opt-in that allowed members to input their cruise information -- date and ship -- which would add their name to a listing. This was in no way tied to the forum, though, and it relied on members putting in all the correct information, including a link/url back to the ROLL CALL discussion. Eventually we had to close it down, because it was being spammed with nonsense.

Unfortunately, the current format of the ROLL CALLS does not allow for static choices to be selected from a database. Perhaps one day in the future, we would be able to create an entire new system -- including specific sail dates from the cruise lines. For the timebeing, though, we do our best to suggest subject line titles when creating ROLL CALL threads.

Laura
Cruise Critic

Follow us on Twitter

Check out thousands of photos in our full-featured Photo Gallery!

Don't miss anything "cruise newsworthy" -- sign up for our weekly newsletter

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Old February 7th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Duplicate Roll Call

I just noticed that there are 2 roll call threads going for my next cruise: Equinox 12/12/11!

Is there a way for a member to combine them or does the moderator do this?

If there was a standard format required for roll calls that consisted of Ship and Sail Date without extra verbiage (I know- it's hard to contain one's excitement when a cruise is booked and it's very tempting to express it in the thread title, but it does confuse someone trying to locate their roll call if they aren't familiar with the search feature) that might help eliminate duplication.

Celebrity Silhouette-Adriatic-11/13
Celebrity Constellation-4 nite mini-cruise to Key West and Cozumel-1/13
Celebrity Silhouette-Eastern Med-6/12
Celebrity Equinox-Central America-12/11
Celebrity Eclipse-Baltics-6/10
Norwegian Pearl-Alaska-8/08

William Clay Ford-Duluth to Detroit-8/86

Old February 9th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Host Anne View Post
MS1999 ~ I'll pass your suggestion along to management. I did not see another roll call for your sailing.

KC ~ click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 to be taken to the page that lists all of the Celebrity ships. Select the ship for your sailing (you didn't mention the name of the ship or I would have found the exact thread for you) and then look for the date of your cruise. If you can't find it, come back and tell me what ship you are looking for and I'll find the roll call for you.
This is for Century, and I was interested in the May Pacific Northwest sailing. I usually don't have trouble looking up the roll calls even if I have not booked.
Thanks,
Kathy

Last edited by KCcruisin07; February 9th, 2011 at 08:26 PM.

Old February 11th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Sometimes when I go to roll calls and Celebrity, I get a Royal Caribbean sheet.
Why does that happen?

AMAWaterways Danube Cruise 2010
RCCL Legend of the Seas Mediterranean Cruise 2008
Celebrity Century Arctic Cruise 2007

Old February 11th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Cruise Critic Host & Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLAalum View Post
I just noticed that there are 2 roll call threads going for my next cruise: Equinox 12/12/11!
The two threads have been merged.

Quote:
Is there a way for a member to combine them or does the moderator do this?
Only a Board Host can merge two threads. If you find a duplicate, please use the Board's alert function to report each of the two and simply say in the box, "please merge."

Quote:
If there was a standard format required for roll calls that consisted of Ship and Sail Date without extra verbiage (I know- it's hard to contain one's excitement when a cruise is booked and it's very tempting to express it in the thread title, but it does confuse someone trying to locate their roll call if they aren't familiar with the search feature) that might help eliminate duplication.
The standard format for titling roll calls appears in a sticky at the top of the Roll Call forum for each ship:

2. When you start a new thread, we suggest that you start your Roll call title with the departure date for your cruise using an alpha format for the date, followed by any other identifying wording you feel like using. Examples - June 31, 2008 - Best of Europe Cruise or 30 February, 2009 TransAtlantic from Southampton. Please don't use a numeric date format (06/03/09 is ambiguous, because it can be either June 3, 2009 or 6 March 2009.) Using a day first format (31 June 2008) or a month first format (June 31, 2008) is OK because there is no ambiguity. Finally, because each ship has its own forum it isn't necessary to include the ship name in the title.

To contact me, hostwalt@cruisecritic.com

Last edited by Host Walt; February 11th, 2011 at 11:27 AM.

Old February 11th, 2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCcruisin07 View Post
I have not signed up yet, but wanted to see the roll call for the Celebrity Coastal Cruise from San Diego to Vancouver on 5/14. How do I do that?
Here's a link to your cruise:

5/14/2011 san diego to vancouver

Old February 11th, 2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Sometimes when I go to roll calls and Celebrity, I get a Royal Caribbean sheet.
Why does that happen?
There can only be two reasons for this.

1. A board malfunction of some kind. That malfunction can only be resolved by sending an email to community@cruisecritic.com with specific details of how you attemped to navigate to the Celebrity Roll Call boards.

2. You accidentally clicked on something as you were looking for the Celebrity Roll Call board.

I suggest you do as many do, once you find the board for your ship or specific cruise you bookmark it in your browser. That speeds up access tremendously and avoids this kind of problem.

Old February 11th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you, Walt (and everyone who tried to help!). I did find it with the link you provided. I will bookmark it, so I can find it in the future.

AMAWaterways Danube Cruise 2010
RCCL Legend of the Seas Mediterranean Cruise 2008
Celebrity Century Arctic Cruise 2007

Old February 16th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Exclamation Our cruising experience

Everytime we get an email from Celebrity my wife gets all excited and gets on the net and looks for specials. Well she found this one so here we go again.

budvtwin & chrisvtwin

2/01 Century
3/02 Millenium
2/02 Mercury
2/04 Millenium
2/05 Grandeur of the Seas
2/06 Century
2/07 Vision of the Seas
10/07 Summit
2/08 Constellation
7/08 Infinity
1/09 Constellation
11/09 Jewel of the Seas
11/10 Mercury
4/11 Equinox

Old February 16th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Charter Member - 5,000+ Club

Quote:
Thank you, Walt (and everyone who tried to help!). I did find it with the link you provided. I will bookmark it, so I can find it in the future.
Kathy, I am going on the CENTURY in May. Please come say hello
It is a wonderful itinerary!
5/14/11, 2/12 to 2/23~2014
Mercury 3/20/04, 5/19/06, 3/18/07,
10/12/07 & 10/15/07, 9/14/08, 9/6/09
HAL Zuiderdam 9/11/04
Constellation 12/11/04
Summit 10/10/05, 1/16/10, 5/16/10, 2/5/11,
11/10/12, 8/4/13
Zenith 2/6/06, 4/13/06
Millennium 12/17/06, 1/14/12
Galaxy 3/7/08....the BIG 50 Cruise,
1/9/09
Solstice 11/14/08..Pre-Inaugural, 9/5/10
Infinity 12/3/08
Equinox 11/19/09. 5/11/12
Eclipse 11/17/10, 11/12/11
Reflection, 3nights, 12/5/12
Silhouette, 4/7/13
Enchantment with FL Friends, 9/13
----------------------------------

Old February 23rd, 2011, 08:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Help ...may 7th eclipse

[quote=Host Anne;10002770]There have been several threads started here recently on the main Celebrity board where cruisers are searching for others sailing with them. It occurred to me that we have so many new members here on Cruise Critic that many may not be aware that we have a ROLL CALL section within Cruise Critic where you can find others cruising with you.

Therefore, I thought I'd post a quick note to explain what ROLL CALLS are and how you can find one for your sailing.

WHAT ARE THEY?
Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Celebrity board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?
There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for Celebrity ships (called Celebrity Connections). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 Click here and then locate your ship that you'll be cruising on. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. Celebrity's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?
You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?
No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general Celebrity cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contac me or Host Walt and we'll be happy to help.

HAPPY SAILING!
Thanks Anne
I just cannot find anything re May 7 Eclipse -there only appears to be 8 so far and there are 3 of us.
Looks like a quiet cruise. Trying to find info re tours in Florence also.
Mary