Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old May 1st, 2007, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default ROLL CALLS - What Are They and How Do You Find Yours?

There have been several threads started here recently on the main Celebrity board where cruisers are searching for others sailing with them. It occurred to me that we have so many new members here on Cruise Critic that many may not be aware that we have a ROLL CALL section within Cruise Critic where you can find others cruising with you.

Therefore, I thought I'd post a quick note to explain what ROLL CALLS are and how you can find one for your sailing.

WHAT ARE THEY?
Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Celebrity board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?
There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for Celebrity ships (called Celebrity Connections). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 Click here and then locate your ship that you'll be cruising on. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. Celebrity's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?
You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?
No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general Celebrity cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contac me or Host Walt and we'll be happy to help.

HAPPY SAILING!

Last edited by Host Anne; May 1st, 2007 at 09:48 PM.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Anne,
I am glad you explained the Roll Call in such great detail as I am sure that some of the new members were not aware how they worked.
They are fun and you do meet great people on there as well as wonderful information.
Sherrill

Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

Sherrill ~ you're most welcome. There is so much information here on Cruise Critic that sometimes those of us who have been here for awhile forget how many new members we have. It can be overwhelming sometimes to figure it all out.

Roll Calls are one of our biggest benefits. We have met so many wonderful people from all over the world through our roll calls. I hope everyone takes advantage of them!

ENJOY!

Old May 5th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario Cruiser View Post
Thanks Anne,
I am glad you explained the Roll Call in such great detail as I am sure that some of the new members were not aware how they worked.
They are fun and you do meet great people on there as well as wonderful information.
Sherrill
Ditto, Host Anne. Even "old" members are not as aware as they might be regarding how Roll Calls work. I just asked that question on a thread recently! Thanks a bunch!! Bill

Old May 6th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Bill ~ you are more than welcome. Believe it or not, even tho I've been around here for a few years now, I'm still finding little things about the way the board and Cruise Critic work from time to time. Glad you found this helpful!

Old January 19th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Found the Roll Calls (finally)

But I can't get them to open. Is anyone else having this problem???

Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Charter Member - 5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melianne View Post
When you go to the roll calls you must be logged into the site,
otherwise it usually says "Private".
In other words, you have to be registered on to participate
on that forum.
Hope this helps a a bit
5/14/11, 2/12 to 2/23~2014
Mercury 3/20/04, 5/19/06, 3/18/07,
10/12/07 & 10/15/07, 9/14/08, 9/6/09
HAL Zuiderdam 9/11/04
Constellation 12/11/04
Summit 10/10/05, 1/16/10, 5/16/10, 2/5/11,
11/10/12, 8/4/13
Zenith 2/6/06, 4/13/06
Millennium 12/17/06, 1/14/12
Galaxy 3/7/08....the BIG 50 Cruise,
1/9/09
Solstice 11/14/08..Pre-Inaugural, 9/5/10
Infinity 12/3/08
Equinox 11/19/09. 5/11/12
Eclipse 11/17/10, 11/12/11
Reflection, 3nights, 12/5/12
Silhouette, 4/7/13
Enchantment with FL Friends, 9/13
----------------------------------

Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Someone please help. A few weeks ago I found a roll call for the Celebrity Galaxy that contained just the user name, date of sailing, and countdown to sailing. When you input your information it added your name according to the list with the nearest dates of sailing at the top of the list. Now I can't find this site again. Can anyone help me find it? Thanks! Carolyn

Old April 2nd, 2008, 12:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

Carolyn,

To see the roll call list, click on "Select a Ship" above the sub-forums and scroll down to Celebrity Galaxy at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206

Then click: "Enter your cruising info to participate!" on the right hand side above the Galaxy Results if you want to add your name.

Bonnie

Last edited by SailAway78; April 2nd, 2008 at 12:55 AM.

Old July 11th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

There was a roll call a few months back for the INFINITY Panama Canal Cruise on November 2, 2008. I can't seem to find it?

Old July 11th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

cruisingranny1 ~ here's a link to the roll call you are looking for: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...=690383&page=2

Here's how you can always find it.

Click on QUICK LINKS in the yellowis bar right next to the LOG OUT button towards the top of this page.

Under Miscellaneous you'll see a button that says SUBSCRIBED THREADS. Click on that. It brings up all threads you have posted to (in date order of thread activity). It's an easy way to always locate threads you are participating in. You DO need to post in the thread to get them to show in your SUBSCRIBED THREADS.

Need more help? Post here or email me below.

Old July 28th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Likewise, problem getting to open

Quote:
Hello
Have had considerable diff. with getting Roll Calls to open. Last night not at all, today with it giving me a major hassle.
Just to confirm.
Dean
Sparkle144

Old July 28th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Sparkle ~ I am not aware of any problems with roll calls opening. Can you give me a ship and sail date and I'll post a link to it for you? I've been on the roll calls off and on all day and haven't had a problem.

Old October 27th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Kojak21

Is there a roll call for the Galaxy new years cruise 2009, Dec 29 2008 to Jan. 9. 2009.

Andre

Old November 9th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default talkinng to other cruisers on Solstice May 4th 2009

Quote:
I am finding it very difficult to navigate this web site can't seem to get onto anything. And I'm not computer iliterate either, just not a good speller

Old November 10th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Cruise Critic Host

Location: La Marque, TX... about 9 miles from Galveston Island
Smile Just trying to help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuk View Post
I am finding it very difficult to navigate this web site can't seem to get onto anything. And I'm not computer iliterate either, just not a good speller
Kanuk,

Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=872581 for my reply to your thread on the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum.

Sounds like you were registered as a member, but not logged in as a member. You must be a registered & logged in member to view or post on the Roll Call Forums.

[IMG]http://skins.***********/skins/mailskins/em/082502/082502btw_prv.gif[/IMG], when typing your posts you can check your spelling by using the icon showing an ABC with a check mark underneath on the far upper right corner of the gray frame around the Message text box. The first time you click it you will then need to download ieSpell. It is a spell-checking tool for Internet Explorer.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!
Kat [IMG]http://skins.***********/skins/mailskins/em/110105/110105_emYA42_prv.gif[/IMG]
Being happy does not mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.

1988 Commodore Caribe I, 1996 Commodore Enchanted Isle, 1998 Carnival Sensation, 2000 Celebrity Century, 2001 Carnival Celebration, 2002 Carnival Jubilee, 2004 Carnival Glory, 2005 Royal Caribbean International Rhapsody of The Seas, 2007 Carnival Conquest, 2010 Celebrity Infinity, 2011 Carnival Conquest, 2011 Celebrity Summit, 2014 Carnival Sensation

Last edited by Host Kat >^..^<; November 10th, 2008 at 10:05 AM. Reason: typo due to my fat paws & skinny 'puter keys!

Old November 10th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Cruise Critic Host

Location: La Marque, TX... about 9 miles from Galveston Island
Arrow Andre,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak21 View Post
Is there a roll call for the Galaxy new years cruise 2009, Dec 29 2008 to Jan. 9. 2009.
Andre
Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=867910 for your Roll Call thread titled Galaxy Dec 29, 2008 New Years Cruise.
Kat [IMG]http://skins.***********/skins/mailskins/em/070106/070106YA43_prv.gif[/IMG]

Old August 25th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default New Post on roll call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Host Anne View Post
There have been several threads started here recently on the main Celebrity board where cruisers are searching for others sailing with them. It occurred to me that we have so many new members here on Cruise Critic that many may not be aware that we have a ROLL CALL section within Cruise Critic where you can find others cruising with you.

Therefore, I thought I'd post a quick note to explain what ROLL CALLS are and how you can find one for your sailing.

WHAT ARE THEY?
Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Celebrity board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?
There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for Celebrity ships (called Celebrity Connections). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 Click here and then locate your ship that you'll be cruising on. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. Celebrity's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?
You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?
No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general Celebrity cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contac me or Host Walt and we'll be happy to help.

HAPPY SAILING!
Hi Anne.

I have searched and searched for information regarding starting a new post. So far all I've ever done was click on "Quote" to reply to a post. Sometimes I have something to say that isn't a reply and I just don't know how to do it. Can you please help? Thanks so much.

Here's to sunny days and calm seas,
Joan and Al

Old August 25th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

If you go to the Celebrity Roll Call Forums, and find your ship, click on the ship name and if you don't see your sailing date, up at the top, over to the left, you will see a button that says NEW THREAD. Click on that and you will be starting a whole new topic.

1/28/12 Grand Princess 7 Day Eastern Caribbean; 3/8/2011 Emerald Princess, 10 Day Southern CaribbIan Medley; 11/13/10 Crown Princess 7 Day Western Caribbean; 3/20/2010, Holland Eurodam 7 Day Eastern Caribbean; 3/20/2009, Emerald Princess 10 Day Eastern Caribbean Voyager; 5/29/2007 Emerald Princess, 12 Day Grand Mediterranean

Old September 6th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Joan and Al ~ A thread is comprised of a "string of posts." I couldn't quite tell if you were having a problem starting a new thread (which BlueCat described) or placing a post within a thread.

To place a post within a current thread, you must hit the "REPLY" button. Even though you may just have a comment to make, it is still considered a "REPLY." By hitting the "QUOTE" button, it actually places the copy from the post where you hit the QUOTE button into your post. If you simply want to post information, hit the REPLY button found at the top or bottom of each page of a thread.

If you still need assistance, drop me an email and I'll be happy to assist futher: hostanne@cruisecritic.com