Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old January 16th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Do they celebrate Halloween onboard??????

I am thinking it would be fun to be onboard on Halloween. I would like to know do they have a party and celebrate it?

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 16th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Yes and the ship is decorated for Halloween. We were on the Jewel for Halloween and found a lot of passengers were in costumes. On one cruise we even had our pictures taken with a Halloween theme in the background.

Old January 16th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

One time we sailed on Holloween and it was a blast.

Old January 16th, 2007, 03:29 PM
5,000+ Club

We celebrated Halloween 06 onboard Mariner of the Seas. There was a huge party (Monster Bash) in Studio B. Lots of passengers in costumes, having a great time dancing out on the floor while many others were content to watch from their seats. There was a costume contest (best individual, best pair, best group) The party moved to the Dragons Lair at 11pm so cabins near Studio B wouldn't be disturbed by the noise. We had a great time at the party, and the Dragons Lair was still going strong when we left at 1 am.
RCI Jewel 8/28/15

Past Cruises:

Premiere Oceanic 9/87, Premiere Atlantic 4/93, Carnival Destiny 4/00, RCI Rhapsody 4/01, NCL Norway 8/01, MSC Melody 2/02, Celebrity Millennium 5/02, NCL Norway 11/02, RCI Majesty 12/02, Princess Dawn 1/03, RCI Majesty 4/03, RCI Voyager 10/03, RCI Brilliance 4/04, NCL Sun 4/05, Celebrity Infinity 9/05, Celebrity Zenith 1/06, RCI Mariner 10/06, RCI Legend 1/07, RCI Liberty 5/07, RCI Mariner 9/07 BTB, RCI Majesty 12/07, RCI Grandeur 4/08 BTB, RCI Sovereign 5/08, RCI Mariner 9/08 BTB, RCI Monarch 11/08, RCI Navigator 12/08, RCI Monarch 1/09 BTB, RCI Jewel 4/09, RCI Freedom 5/09, RCI Freedom 9/09, RCI Navigator 12/09, Celebrity Constellation 2/10, RCI Radiance 10/10, Carnival Dream 11/10, Celebrity Constellation 3/11, RCI Jewel 12/11 BTB, RCI Vision 12/12 BTB, NCL Dawn 4/13, RCI Brilliance 11/13, RCI Brilliance 12/13 BTB, RCI Adventure 4/14

Old January 16th, 2007, 03:49 PM
5,000+ Club

We were on the Regal Princess last Oct.31st ( yes I know this is a RC board, that's our next cruise ) and it had a great Halloween party. There were contest such as the mummy, which was wrapping your partner in toilet paper, and a group version of musical elimination, where you had to form a certain # of persons groups with anyone left being out. Of course there was voting on who had the best costume and prizes awarded for all. It was a real hoot with most people in costume and lots of decorations. I also shanghaied a real witch ( DW ).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg regal9d.jpg (21.8 KB, 59 views)

Pass Cruises
Festival's Bolero Dec98 E Car*Blackbeard's Pirate Lady Jan99 Bahamas*Sun's Carousel (Nordic Prince)Feb99 S.Car*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Sept99-W Med*Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Jan00 PC* Sea Pr June00-Alaska* Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Feb01 W Car* Grand PrFeb02 W.Car* Empress of the Seas July 02 Bermuda*Star Pr Feb03 Mex Riv* Enchantment of the Seas Mar03 E.Carib*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)June03 W Med*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Jan04-S Car* Voyager of the Seas June 04 Canada* Sun's Sunbird (Song of America) Aug 04 W Med*Maasdam Mar05 S.Car* Costa's Mediterranea Apr06 E Car* Regal Princess Nov 06 PC* Serenade of the Seas Feb.07-S Car*Adventure of the Seas Mar07 S Car*Radiance of the Seas Sept07 Alaska &West Coast* Legend of the Seas Nov07- E Med*Radiance of the Seas May08Hawaii* X Century Dec08 West TA*Radiance of the Seas Apr-May09 Chile to San Diego*X Mercury Nov09 E.Caribbean*Radiance of the Seas Feb10 Mex. Riv*Grand Princess Apr10 East TA*X Summit Nov10 S. Car*X Summit Dec10 S Car*Golden Pr Feb11 Hawaii*X Constellation S. Car Mar11 Car*Emerald Pr Nov-Dec11 S Car*X Silhouette Jan12 E Car*X Century Mar/Apr 12Hawaii*Caribbean Pr Apr12 East TA*Caribbean Pr May12 British Isles*X Eclipse Dec12 S Car*Voyager of the Seas Feb/Mar13 Oz/NZ*X Century Nov/Dec13 Hawaii*Ruby Pr Feb14 W Car*X Century Feb14 E Car*Serenade of the Seas Apr/May14 East TA*

Last edited by robtulipe; January 16th, 2007 at 04:02 PM.

Old January 16th, 2007, 03:56 PM
5,000+ Club

The witch and I didn't get attached to the above.
regal9d.jpg

Pass Cruises
Festival's Bolero Dec98 E Car*Blackbeard's Pirate Lady Jan99 Bahamas*Sun's Carousel (Nordic Prince)Feb99 S.Car*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Sept99-W Med*Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Jan00 PC* Sea Pr June00-Alaska* Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Feb01 W Car* Grand PrFeb02 W.Car* Empress of the Seas July 02 Bermuda*Star Pr Feb03 Mex Riv* Enchantment of the Seas Mar03 E.Carib*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)June03 W Med*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Jan04-S Car* Voyager of the Seas June 04 Canada* Sun's Sunbird (Song of America) Aug 04 W Med*Maasdam Mar05 S.Car* Costa's Mediterranea Apr06 E Car* Regal Princess Nov 06 PC* Serenade of the Seas Feb.07-S Car*Adventure of the Seas Mar07 S Car*Radiance of the Seas Sept07 Alaska &West Coast* Legend of the Seas Nov07- E Med*Radiance of the Seas May08Hawaii* X Century Dec08 West TA*Radiance of the Seas Apr-May09 Chile to San Diego*X Mercury Nov09 E.Caribbean*Radiance of the Seas Feb10 Mex. Riv*Grand Princess Apr10 East TA*X Summit Nov10 S. Car*X Summit Dec10 S Car*Golden Pr Feb11 Hawaii*X Constellation S. Car Mar11 Car*Emerald Pr Nov-Dec11 S Car*X Silhouette Jan12 E Car*X Century Mar/Apr 12Hawaii*Caribbean Pr Apr12 East TA*Caribbean Pr May12 British Isles*X Eclipse Dec12 S Car*Voyager of the Seas Feb/Mar13 Oz/NZ*X Century Nov/Dec13 Hawaii*Ruby Pr Feb14 W Car*X Century Feb14 E Car*Serenade of the Seas Apr/May14 East TA*

Old January 16th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

We were on a Carnival ship over Holloween. There were some of the most creative costumes I have ever seen. Our group of 22 went as crayons. Everyone of us was a different color. We walked in a line and it was fun to see people spot the first one of us, then the second and by the time they saw us all they were laughing out loud.
Costumes were very easy to make and also to pack.
One couple had Marie Antoinette and Louise costumes that must have taken up two suitcases all by themselves.
Great fun.
- Old Capstan Chantey attributed to Anacharsis, 6th Century BC

Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean 10/03
Carnival Pride Mexico 3/05
Carnival Spirit Alaska 7/05 Alaska Pics Here
RCI Navagator of the Seas 9/06
Serenade of the Seas 5/09 Alaska pics here

Last edited by Mugga; January 16th, 2007 at 04:25 PM.

Old January 16th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We disembarked on Halloween on the Jewel, they had an excellent haunted house very scarey. I forgot they had access to special effects.

The turned the conference rooms to haunted conference rooms it was great.

Old January 17th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

A friend of mine was on the Freedom for Halloween '06. I have the compasses from that week if you're interested...

Old January 17th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

We had a fun time on our halloween cruise, ship was decorated. Had a yummy chocolate buffet on halloween that included one of the crew dressed as Dracula popping out of a coffin...There was trick or treating for the kids and huge dance party, costume contest.
Some of the costumes were a bit over the top (x-rated) and I am not sure I would want my kids to see that!
Otherwise you will have a fun time!

Bev
Song of Norway-Nordic Empress-Dreamward-Nordic Empress-Grandeur of the Seas-Sea Princess-Century-Disney Wonder-Rhapsody of the Seas-Navigator of the Seas-Brilliance of the Seas-Liberty of the Seas-Celebrity Equinox- Celebrity Silhouette - Celebrity Solstice - Oasis of the Seas