Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
- Read thousands of Royal Caribbean Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
- Write a Royal Caribbean Cruise Review
- Find Your Royal Caribbean Roll Call
See posts about:
Adventure of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Quantum of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas

Allure of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas

Old December 4th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

Question Back-to-back cruises, what happens on the last/first day?

Hi everyone! We're booked on Mariner of the Seas for back to back 7 day cruises, March 19 and 26, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how it works...

Do we get one seapass on the first day for the whole two weeks, or do we get two separate ones, one per week? Do we "officially" have to disembark and re-embark on day 7 of the first cruise / day 1 of the second? Or is it truly just like a day at port for us... get off in the morning and just be back on the ship before sailing time?

I'd appreciate it if anyone has done this before and could fill me on on what to expect! Thanks!

Old December 4th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea916
Hi everyone! We're booked on Mariner of the Seas for back to back 7 day cruises, March 19 and 26, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how it works...

Do we get one seapass on the first day for the whole two weeks, or do we get two separate ones, one per week? Do we "officially" have to disembark and re-embark on day 7 of the first cruise / day 1 of the second? Or is it truly just like a day at port for us... get off in the morning and just be back on the ship before sailing time?

I'd appreciate it if anyone has done this before and could fill me on on what to expect! Thanks!
Hi,

we did a b2b on the radiance of the sea's. towards the end of the 1st week you will recieve a 2nd seapass for the 2nd cruise. (as you are in fact doing two seperate cruises), and the accounts of the first cruise has to be closed.

You do not have to leave the ship if you do not want to. They will tell you which lounge to go to change over onto your 2nd cruise / seapass account.

If you are docking in Miami, you could always walk over to Bayside Shopping Mall which is just over the bridge (10 mins walk).

Old December 4th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Paintpot, thanks for the info.

We were actually hoping to get off the ship for the majority of the day. We'll be in Port Canaveral and want to do an Everglades tour and maybe see the Kenedy Space Center, so I was hoping to not have to get in line with everyone disembarking in the morning and back in line with everyone embarking in the afternoon.

I guess if we get our new seapass in a lounge on the ship, we can skip the embarkation process when we get back on, right?

Old December 4th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Hi Paintpot, thanks for the info.

We were actually hoping to get off the ship for the majority of the day. We'll be in Port Canaveral and want to do an Everglades tour and maybe see the Kenedy Space Center, so I was hoping to not have to get in line with everyone disembarking in the morning and back in line with everyone embarking in the afternoon.

I guess if we get our new seapass in a lounge on the ship, we can skip the embarkation process when we get back on, right?
Hi,

We had to line up for about ten minutes getting back on the ship. Its a very simple process. Have a good cruise. (remember to take your passport/second cruise ticket/seapass card with you when you leave the ship.

Old December 4th, 2005, 09:36 AM
10,000+ Club

Default Hi,

Quote:

Depending on the port of call you sail from is how they check you in for the second week. We are given instructions as to where to meet a couple of days before the change over day. We have always been taken off by an officer and taken right back on within a couple of minutes for the change over. We usually follow the last passengers getting off the ship and receive our new cards then.
I was told by RCCL that they do not control the way it is done and it can change from cruise to cruise. RCCL said it is immigration or customs who actually tell RCCL how to handle it.
Once you have the new Sea Pass you can come and go as you please.
238 nights at sea.. 125 nights on RCCL so far
1998 - Viking Serenade.. 3 nt
2001 - Viking Serenade.. 3 nt
2001 - Adventure.. 7 nt cruise
2002 - Enchantment.. (14nt B2B cruises)
2003 - Brilliance.. 11 nt cruise
2004 - Empress.. 11 nt cruise
2006 - Navigator.. (14nt B2B cruises)
2007 - Empress.. 11 nt cruise
2008 - Mariner .. ( 14nt B2B cruises)
2009 - Mariner.. 2 night San Pedro Pre-inaugural cruise
2009 - Adventure.. (14nt B2B cruises)
2010 - Mariner.. 7 nt cruise
2011 - Serenade.. (14 nt B2B cruises)
2012 - Dec. 5-19.. Golden Princess Hawaii cruise
2013 - cruise canceled for a NY summer vacation
2014 - Oct. 30-Nov.10.. cruise cancelled by NCL
2014 - Canceled the Nov. 2 & 9, Galveston Navigator B2B's for the-
2014 - Dec 4 - 19.. Grand Princess Hawaii cruise.

RCCL Diamond Member - 1 point from D + ...
member of the Henry Fan Club

Last edited by Alexis; December 4th, 2005 at 09:40 AM.

Old December 4th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

SweetPea: If you are out of Pt Canaveral, the Everglades National Park is near Miami, approximately 230 miles to the south. I used to live in Orlando and I'd suggest a tour around The Kennedy Space Center - you could spend 5-7 hours there. Take in an IMAX movie, especially one that shows a shuttle launch, the sound is incredible.
A trip to the Canaveral National Seashore is stunning, the Florida seashore as it used to be! Watch out for mosquitos. The National Seashore is just north adjacent to the Space Center. I do believe there is an entrance fee also.
later, brigid-