Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call

Old June 15th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Norwegian Breakaway Mini suite with Large Balcony

Can someone tell me how much bigger the balcony in a mini suite is on the breakaway compaired to a mini suite with large balcony? Just wondering if the mini suite with large balcony is more like the jewel was in a mini suite. It looks like the balconies now are so much smaller! Has anyone already stayed on the breakaway large balcony yet>? Thanks
Andi

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 15th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

If you have a look at this photo of the Breakaway you can see the mini suite with large balcony M6 on deck 8 (at the bottom - front) then the large balcony B6 cabins on deck 9 (directly above those M6 balconies) then the smaller standard balconies above those. A really good photo for comparing balcony sizes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotogra...n/photostream/

Cartoon Countdown Clock Generator

Allure Of The Seas October 2012
Oasis Of The Seas October 2010

Old June 15th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Great photo. Thanks for sharing.

SAILED: NCL Sun 13, NCL Pearl 11, NCL Dawn 11, B2B NCL Jade 10, NCL Pearl 09, NCL Spirit 09, NCL Sun 08, NCL Star 08, B2B NCL Pearl 07, NCL Star 06, NCL Jewel 06, CCL Destiny 05, NCL Dream 04, NCL Sky 03, CCL Fantasy 98, CCL Ecstasy 94, NCL Norway 89

Old June 15th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Mini Suite Balcony

We recently booked an M6 mini for Oct 20. When I spoke to NCL I was told the normal mini suite balcony was about 35 sq ft and the M6 balcony was 117 sq ft. I just hope they were telling the truth.

Old June 17th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default mini suite balcony

Thanks for replies! I don't understand why NCL did that to the balconies.. sooooo much smaller.. I can't believe we have to pay more money for a larger balcony. Talk about trying to make money on everything! All in all i've always been happy with my ncl cruises however not getting the balcony space i was used to on other ncl ships might make me feel a little differently as i spend alot of time on my balcony..

Old June 17th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vondofife View Post
If you have a look at this photo of the Breakaway you can see the mini suite with large balcony M6 on deck 8 (at the bottom - front) then the large balcony B6 cabins on deck 9 (directly above those M6 balconies) then the smaller standard balconies above those. A really good photo for comparing balcony sizes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotogra...n/photostream/
Great photo - thanks for posting. Now I know exactly where 8732 is and what it looks like. We will be 2 down from the guy in the blue shirt for the 12/29 sailing and loving every extra inch of that large balcony.

Old June 17th, 2013, 05:03 PM
5,000+ Club

Wondering if you can get some additional furniture on those large balconies.

Two little chairs and a very small table seem kind of lost on those balconies. How about a lounger or two or a footstool .... or both?
2003 - Coral Princess /
Celebrity Summit
2004 - Mariner of the Seas
2005- Star Princess /
Norwegian Jewel
2006 - Caribbean Princess /
Volendam
2007 - Costa Magica /
Carnival Legend
2008 - Norwegian Sky /
Eurodam
2009 - Norwegian Jewel /
Carnival Liberty
2010- Oasis of the Seas /
Celebrity Solstice/
Norwegian Pearl
2011 - Celebrity Eclipse /
Celebrity Millennium
2012 - Norwegian Star /
Carnival Valor
2013 - Crown Princess
2014 - Celebrity Century

Old June 17th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Just back from Breakaway. We had a BA toward the front and those minisuites and even the other deck above them (9?) had huge balconies. Wished I had paid more attention when I booked and gotten the deck 9 balcony cabin instead!

I agree it looks silly with the tiny furniture. They could've sprung for loungers on those larger balconies for sure!

I have to say the balcony cabin's balcony wasn't as small as I thought it was going to be. We fit on it just fine. Just wish one of the chairs had a reclinable back.

Sailing again soon on:
RC Explorer of the Seas - Carnival Splendor - NCL Gem CTN - RC Quantum of the Seas CTN

Past Cruises:
NCL Gem ● NCL Breakaway CTN x 2 ● Carnival Glory ● NCL Breakaway Celebrity Equinox ● NCL Jewel CTN ● NCL Gem ● Carnival GloryDisney Magic CTNCarnival Freedom ● Norwegian Star ● Norwegian Gem ● Carnival Miracle CTNCarnival GloryCaribbean Princess repositioning ● Norwegian Jewel CTN ● Carnival LegendCarnival GloryCelebrity SummitIsland Princess through Panama Canal ● Norwegian Gem CTN ● Carnival Dream CTNCarnival LibertyCarnival Triumph Carnival Miracle ● Norwegian Dawn ● Norwegian Gem CTN ● Emerald PrincessRC Explorer of the SeasCrown PrincessCaribbean PrincessCarnival FantasyCarnival ImaginationCarnival Victory

Old June 20th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Cool Cruiser

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizlorinj View Post
Just back from Breakaway. We had a BA toward the front and those minisuites and even the other deck above them (9?) had huge balconies. Wished I had paid more attention when I booked and gotten the deck 9 balcony cabin instead!

I agree it looks silly with the tiny furniture. They could've sprung for loungers on those larger balconies for sure!

I have to say the balcony cabin's balcony wasn't as small as I thought it was going to be. We fit on it just fine. Just wish one of the chairs had a reclinable back.

Mizlorinj- I am considering those larger B6's on deck 9..also the Mini suites forward deck 8 with the huge balconies...did you feel alot of movement up there, and what cabin# were you in? Also, did it look like those cabins on decks 8 & 9 were pretty worthwhile if you want a decent balcony size? Thanks!

Big Al

Old June 20th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al View Post
Mizlorinj- I am considering those larger B6's on deck 9..also the Mini suites forward deck 8 with the huge balconies...did you feel alot of movement up there, and what cabin# were you in? Also, did it look like those cabins on decks 8 & 9 were pretty worthwhile if you want a decent balcony size? Thanks!

Big Al
Yes you will feel more motion farther forward. I don't mind that though, and we only felt motion after we left Bermuda due to the swells.

I guess this was the only place to fit the larger balconies on this ship. You are also right under the bridge.

We were in a BA on deck 11--not one of these far forward large balcony cabins--but we could clearly see them and had balcony envy! I have to say our balcony seemed to be the same size as we've had on Gem and Jewel--it wasn't as small as I thought it would be. Not large by any means though.

Sailing again soon on:
RC Explorer of the Seas - Carnival Splendor - NCL Gem CTN - RC Quantum of the Seas CTN

Past Cruises:
NCL Gem ● NCL Breakaway CTN x 2 ● Carnival Glory ● NCL Breakaway Celebrity Equinox ● NCL Jewel CTN ● NCL Gem ● Carnival GloryDisney Magic CTNCarnival Freedom ● Norwegian Star ● Norwegian Gem ● Carnival Miracle CTNCarnival GloryCaribbean Princess repositioning ● Norwegian Jewel CTN ● Carnival LegendCarnival GloryCelebrity SummitIsland Princess through Panama Canal ● Norwegian Gem CTN ● Carnival Dream CTNCarnival LibertyCarnival Triumph Carnival Miracle ● Norwegian Dawn ● Norwegian Gem CTN ● Emerald PrincessRC Explorer of the SeasCrown PrincessCaribbean PrincessCarnival FantasyCarnival ImaginationCarnival Victory

Old November 25th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Deck 12 Mini Suite

Can anyone tell me what the mini suite on the 12th deck M2 looks like? I'd love to see photo's, we just got upgraded from 10th floor balcony to this and I'm super excited.