Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old May 14th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by jla418, Darcy00, joanjet, Larbo03 & mad06028!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Breakaway Shakedown across the Atlantic by jla418
We arrived in the UK on the 24th of April and stayed with friends in Poole, near Bournemouth pre-cruise, and they drove us to the port on the day of departure, so I do not have any tips on hotels in the area of the port. Embarkation in Southampton was smooth for us. We arrived at the terminal around 10:45a, and were allowed to proceed directly through security and into the check-in lobby. I was curious as if we were going to be allowed in early as our e-documents requested that you not arrive before 11:00, and that boarding would not commence until noon. Once inside, I was surprised at the number of people already checked in considering the directions about arrival time given in the documents, but there was plenty of seating in the holding area. Boarding commenced a little before noon, and shortly after the day visitors were invited to board. Continue reading... Shakedown across the Atlantic

Carnival Pride Carnival Pride by Darcy00
This was the first cruise for my husband and me, we chose the Pride because it sailed out of Baltimore and for the price. Our Experience Port easy to find was dropped off, gave our luggage immediately to the ummm luggage guy, walked a short distance to security to a fast moving line. Cleared security in under ten minutes then on to the ticket counter under five minutes then stright to the ship. Found our cabin in two minutes dropped off our carry on luggage went to lido deck/mermaid lounge for a meal. Time span from being dropped off to eating my first yummy Pride reuben... Thirty minutes. Continue reading... Carnival Pride

Celebrity Summit We are definitely back! by joaniet
After a disappointing trip on the Millennium left me wondering where the modern Luxury had gone, I seem to have found it on the Summit reposition from San Juan to Bayonne! We had a somewhat poor experience this past January on the Millennium in Asia/Komodo itinerary, but I decided to give Celebrity one last chance for the sake of so many wonderful past cruise memories. I am very glad I did! I have elite club status and I took this trip with my sister, who had never been on this cruise line before. We were both treated to fantastic service and all the amenities anyone could ask for! We took a cab to the port from the Condado Conrad Hilton, a most forgettable place, compared with my past 5 experiences in this wonderful city. From the time we arrived at the pier at 2pm-things were as smooth as silk! We boarded immediately, rooms were ready. Continue reading... We are definitely back!

Norwegian Breakaway Inaugural Transatlantic, Grade B- by Larbo03
I thought I'd share a mini-review of our experience on the Norwegian Breakaway's inaugural transatlantic cruise from Southampton to New York. It was fun to be among the first passengers on a clean new ship, but unfortunately NCL did not make the inaugural cruise special in any way. I'll offer general impressions, then address cabins/deck plans, dining, nightlife, entertainment, and activities. General impressions: Pros: Nice ship, well designed (with some exceptions) and executed. Nice variety of dining and activities. We did enjoy ourselves, despite some of the criticisms I offer here, and I would give the ship and the cruise a grade B- Continue reading... Inaugural Transatlantic, Grade B-

Carnival Splendour Carnival Splendor May 1, 2013 from NYC by mad06028
Background Information: Hello, I am an experienced cruised and have cruised with many cruise lines. This is also my first review. My cruises have been with family and friends. I am in my early 20's. This cruise was mainly for a celebration for many of my friends who are graduating pharmacy school (It was like 75 percent graduating, the rest just wanted to go). More on them later. (O yea theres some inside jokes here, so some of you may smile when reading this (I hope)). Travel To Port of Embarkation: I took NJ transit from princeton junction to penn station. Then a taxi to manhattan cruise port. Fast, easy, fairly cheap. The ship: Yes, the ship is covered in pink, but after the first couple hours I didn't really notice it. The ships layout is kind of confusing compared to other ships but you'll get used to where to go in a day (Hint: deck 5 is your friend imho). Other than that, the ship is kept very clean on the inside and the outside. I didn't hear about any sickness going around the ship so that was good and reflected on the cleanliness of the staff. I did hear about a person under quarantine but also heard she broke it (what a rebel!). Continue reading... Carnival Splendor May 1, 2013 from NYC

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; May 14th, 2013 at 03:59 PM.