Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call

Old January 19th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Loved our NCL Cruise but not happy with PCC

We have been world travelers for 40 years and recently took our first NCL cruise that was great, promoting them to be our cruise line of first choice. A month after we returned I logged onto NCL’s website to check what was available in 3 month’s time departing Rome and found that their Jade cruise which also visited 2 ports in Turkey was exactly what we wanted. In addition, we needed flights, hotel accommodation and Rome tours. Within a short time a person called our home phone stating he was my PCC and asked if I had any questions. I told him that we needed a price for the air, hotels and tours and he told me he would prepare a package for me. He also sent me an email stating that he was working hard to put it together and would phone me back in an hour. I replied that I was rarely at home and requested he email me the price for the deal. He did not answer but in several days left 2 messages on my home voicemail to call him. I emailed him again and told him that I’m unable to call him and to please just email me the price. Since then there have been no emails or phone calls and now he’s simply ignoring me. Two days ago I checked NCL again and we have now missed our opportunity to take our selected cruise because it has sold out. I emailed my PCC yet again as follows..

“I'm disappointed that you have refused to provide me a quote by email and are only interested in 'phoning me directly despite me stating I'm unable to discuss the upcoming trip over the 'phone. Your etiquette is disrespectful when you don't even answer my request and illustrates the inequity of service that's available compared to a colleague at my firm who always receives a quote by email from his cruise consultant enabling him to choose at his leisure which options to select.

Please bear in mind that I did not initially call you and it was you who called me after NCL's system registered a login to my recently created account when I was checking which upcoming cruises were available that suited our calendar. That was 10 days ago and now I see that the type of stateroom I requested is now sold out! This would have been an almost certain sell for you because we were ready to buy once we had a few more details on the flights, hotels and tours of Rome.

As a long term investor in NCL's overseas holding company, I'm disappointed to see an employee of MY COMPANY treat a repeat customer in this fashion and intend to raise the matter with ***************, who oversees reservations, air/sea and customer relations. In addition, there will be follow-up postings of my customer experience with my PCC on cruisecritic.com's NCL forum”

My PCC never answered and appears not to care. If there’s a “No Email” policy with NCl, he should have told me.

Old January 19th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

From Personal experience, NCL's PCC's can not give quotes via email.

They need to talk to you.

I'm not sure about other TA's or Cruise companies, as we use NCL's PCC's.

Old January 19th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Since then there have been no emails or phone calls and now he’s simply ignoring me
I would venture a guess that he's long gone from the company.

Sorry for that experience....it is not normal.
Prior cruise: Oceania Marina - Dec. 28 2013 - Valparaiso - Tahiti
Prior cruise: Norwegian Jade - Oct. 12 2013 - Greek Isles.

Next Up - Breakaway - Aug.24 2014 - Bermuda

History-> Pride of Aloha, Spirit, Pearl, Spirit, Jade, Dawn, Jewel, Gem, Gem, Gem, Jewel, Sun, Gem, Star, Spirit, Riviera, Breakaway, Jade, Gem, Gem, Marina, Gem, Riviera

Old January 19th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

I've never asked my PCC for a quote by email, but he has answered other questions by email. Sorry you had a bad experience. I'd let NCL know but also request a new PCC.
5-9-2011 Norwegian Sky---first cruise, loved it!
Dawn review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1762041
Sky review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1611604

Old January 19th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon D View Post
As a long term investor in NCL's overseas holding company, I'm disappointed to see an employee of MY COMPANY treat a repeat customer in this fashion and intend to raise the matter with
Well that didn't take long. The company had only went public yesterday and the this line is already been given with complaints.
NCL Dawn - November 10
NCL Epic - April 12
NCL Spirit - Nov 12
NCL Pearl- September 13
NCL Breakaway - June 14

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 19th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

When I used a PCC, he regularly sent me info, including quotes, via email. Of course for some reason he calls my house and leaves voicemails for my BFF - who has sailed with me but never lived with me. But that's a whole other story.

For a number of reasons, however, we've since transitioned to a wonderful travel agent who is always responsive.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pride of America - Deluxe Forward Penthouse | 7-Day Hawaiian Islands | May 2013
Norwegian Gem - Garden Villa | 9-Day Eastern Caribbean | November 2013
Norwegian Breakaway - Spa Haven Suite | 2-Day Cruise to Nowhere | January 2014
Norwegian Getaway - Spa Mini-Suite | 2-Day NYC to Nassau | February 2014
Norwegian Breakaway - Haven 2BR Family Suite + Haven Penthouse | 7-Day Bermuda | August 2014

What Lies Ahead:
My niece's graduation present
Norwegian Epic - Haven 2BR Family Suite x2 | 7-Day Western Caribbean | December 2014
Celebrating DD#2's 10th Birthday at Sea
Norwegian Getaway - Haven Aft Penthouse | 7-Day Eastern Caribbean | February 2015
Celebrating a Milestone Birthday / Girls' Transatlantic Adventure
Norwegian Escape - Haven Deluxe Spa Suite | 10-Day Transatlantic | October 2015

Old January 19th, 2013, 04:21 PM
5,000+ Club

Well...in this type of relationship you typically get what you give. I can't speak for your PCC, but if I was the one that received that email, I certainly wouldn't be eager to communicate with you. Last person I'd want to deal with is the one who name-drops and makes thinly-veiled "I'm a stockholder" threats.

Interesting though, that you're a self-confessed "repeat customer" and you're only meeting your PCC now. How were you been doing your bookings in the past??

Past:

2014: Getaway
2013: Jewel, Breakaway, Dawn
2012: Sensation, Jade, Pride of America, Pride, Dream
2011: Dawn, Sky, Spirit, Sun
2010: Star, Epic
2009: Jewel
2008: Gem
2007: Pearl

Sometimes on the Internet, you're going to read things that you don't agree with.
Put your big boy pants on and deal with it.

Old January 19th, 2013, 04:52 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFO-F/A View Post

They need to talk to you. ... .
I disagree.

A year or so ago an NCL PCC phoned us but we had no budget for a cruise at the time. He mailed his business card to us and later had NCL send us a 2013-April 2014 brochure. He only made two other phone calls to us, one to congratulate us on reaching Platinum when NCL changed their counting from cruises to days aboard and one several months later just to touch base with us.

So, when I recently saw a fare on NCL website for a cruise I was interested in, I emailed that PCC asking what the total price, with fees, would be for the cruise. He emailed a sample invoice to me within an hour so I don't think they're barred from emailing quotes.
Maybe some PCC's prefer phone. That way there's no proof if they make a mistake.

I replied via email with more questions and had speedy email replies, including answers to pre-cruise hotel questions.
By the end of the day we'd made the decision to book, emailed that decision to our PCC and soon had an official invoice from NCL, all done without a phone call.
I'm sorry the OP couldn't get that kind of service from their PCC.

HAL 2- Star Mariner

NCL PLATINUM

NCL Star - Oct 2013 Panama Canal
NCL Star - Oct 2013. Transatlantic

NCL Sun - Oct 2010; Western Caribbean
NCL Sun - Oct 2010; Transatlantic
NCL Sun - Sept 2010; Norway, Iceland, Faroes, Lerwick, Scotland, Ireland

HAL Amsterdam - May 2010, 14 day Alaska

NCL Jewel - 2008 Transatlantic/British Isles
Celebrity Century -2007 British Isles
Oceania Regatta - 2007 Transatlantic to Marseille France
HAL Zaandam - 2006 Hawaii
NCL Sun - 2006 Panama Canal
NCL Sea - 2005 Cozumel, Belize, Roatan
Radisson [Regent] Diamond - 2005 Around the Boot of Italy
Oceania Insignia - 2005 Transatlantic to Rio de Janeiro
RCI Empress of the Seas - 2004 Soutther Caribbean
Celebrity Milennium - 2004 Transatlantic
Carnival Imagination - 2003 Grand Cayman & Ocho Rios Jamaica
NCL Majesty - 2000 Mexican Riviera
Carnival Ecstasy - 2000 Bahamas
RCI Nordic Empress (before remodel to Empress of the Seas - 1999 Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by NMLady; January 19th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.

Old January 19th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
We have been world travelers for 40 years and recently took our first NCL cruise that was great, promoting them to be our cruise line of first choice. A month after we returned I logged onto NCL’s website to check what was available in 3 month’s time departing Rome and found that their Jade cruise which also visited 2 ports in Turkey was exactly what we wanted. In addition, we needed flights, hotel accommodation and Rome tours. Within a short time a person called our home phone stating he was my PCC and asked if I had any questions. I told him that we needed a price for the air, hotels and tours and he told me he would prepare a package for me. He also sent me an email stating that he was working hard to put it together and would phone me back in an hour. I replied that I was rarely at home and requested he email me the price for the deal. He did not answer but in several days left 2 messages on my home voicemail to call him. I emailed him again and told him that I’m unable to call him and to please just email me the price. Since then there have been no emails or phone calls and now he’s simply ignoring me. Two days ago I checked NCL again and we have now missed our opportunity to take our selected cruise because it has sold out. I emailed my PCC yet again as follows..

“I'm disappointed that you have refused to provide me a quote by email and are only interested in 'phoning me directly despite me stating I'm unable to discuss the upcoming trip over the 'phone. Your etiquette is disrespectful when you don't even answer my request and illustrates the inequity of service that's available compared to a colleague at my firm who always receives a quote by email from his cruise consultant enabling him to choose at his leisure which options to select.

Please bear in mind that I did not initially call you and it was you who called me after NCL's system registered a login to my recently created account when I was checking which upcoming cruises were available that suited our calendar. That was 10 days ago and now I see that the type of stateroom I requested is now sold out! This would have been an almost certain sell for you because we were ready to buy once we had a few more details on the flights, hotels and tours of Rome.

As a long term investor in NCL's overseas holding company, I'm disappointed to see an employee of MY COMPANY treat a repeat customer in this fashion and intend to raise the matter with ***************, who oversees reservations, air/sea and customer relations. In addition, there will be follow-up postings of my customer experience with my PCC on cruisecritic.com's NCL forum”

My PCC never answered and appears not to care. If there’s a “No Email” policy with NCl, he should have told me.
I'd be very surprised if that was sold out. Our online agency has an offer out on it right now. It might be that cabins are in the hands of various agents. I've never dealt with the NCL PCC. Had a call one time and was not impressed with mine. Have used ours with HAL and was so sorry when he left for other employment. Try searching some of the online agencies Ours has a package deal with air, hotel, cruise, and transfers.

Volendam,Alaska, June, 2007
Veendam, Western Caribbean, December 2007
Celebrity Millennium, Australia/NZ, January 2009
NCL Jade, Eastern Mediterranean, April 2009
Westerdam, Southern Caribbean, December 2009
NCL Gem, TA/Greek Isles, April 2010
NCL Sun, Baltics, August 2010
NCL Epic, TA/Med, May 2011
NCL Jade, Canary Islands, December 2011
Rotterdam, Hawaii/South Pacific, Jan. 2012
Jewel of the Seas, TA to the UK, May 2012
NCL Jade, Rome to the Holy Land, December 2012
NCL Dawn, Western Caribbean, January 2013
Legend of the Seas, Singapore to Rome, April, 2013
Westerdam, Eastern Caribbean, December, 2013
NCL Star, Panama Canal, January-February, 2014
NCL Jade, Western Mediterranean, April 2014

Old January 19th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am a US citizen but live overseas most of the year. I received quotes, booked and paid for my last three cruises completely by email. At one point I received a new PCC that refused to deal by email. I explained my situation and I continued to get emails saying he was sorry that he tried calling me and missed talking and asked that I call him back. I requested a new PCC. Explained things to the new one, he accepted the limitations and took care of our next cruise, 100% by email.
NCL Sky B2B April 2012
NCL Sky Nov 2012
NCL Star TA Oct 2014

Old January 19th, 2013, 05:34 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIreland View Post
Well that didn't take long. The company had only went public yesterday and the this line is already been given with complaints.

OP says that they're an investor in NCL's overseas holding company. That's most likely the Genting Group, not NCLH which went public yesterday.

-----------------
"You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own set of facts."
------------------

NEXT:
2014 - Sept 22 - NCL Star - Copenhagen RT - Norway - Shetland - Faroe - Iceland - Glasgow - Dublin (Aft PH Suite - CAS)(14)

2015 - Oct 29 - NCL Escape - TA - Aft PH

History...
2014 - Jan 5 - S. Carrib. - Breakaway. (Spa Suite - CAS)(12)
2013 - Sep 21 - NYC RT -Canada & NE - Gem (Mini-suite CAS) (7)
2013 - July 7 - Breakaway - Bermuda (Spa Mini - CAS)(7)
2013 - Feb 10 - NCL Pearl - Western (SE Upg. - CAS)(7)
2012 - Oct 5 - NCL Dawn - Boston - Portland - Halifax - PEI - Gaspesie - La Baie - Quebec (SJ Suite Upg. - CAS)(7)
2012 - April 7 - EPIC - Eastern (Spa Suite Upg.) (CAS)(7)
2011 - Nov 13 - NCL Spirit - Western Exotic -Balcony (solo) (Thx CAS - Millionnaire Maker Finals)(7)
2011 - Oct 22 - NCL Sun - Eastern - Bahamas - Puerto Rico - St. Thomas - Balcony (Thx CAS...Slot Tourney WINNER!) (7)
2011 - May 22 - NCL EPIC West Med Barcelona RT - Italy - Mallorca - w/ Berlin & Brussels b4, Paris after - Spa Suite (Thx CAS)(7)
2010 - Dec 26 - New Year's - NCL Spirit Western Exotic - NOLA - Costa Maya - Roatan - Belize City - Cozumel - OV(Thx CAS)(7)
2010 - June 24 - NCL EPIC maiden TA to NYC - Spa Suite, Budapest, Vienna & Stonehenge b4 (6)
2009 - Sep 29 - NCL Jade Black Sea - Athens - Ukraine - Romania - Bulgaria - Istanbul (10)
2008 - Aug 24 - NCL Gem West Med - Barcelona - Malta RT (7) w/Edinburgh/Glasgow/London b4
2007 - New Year's - NCL Gem - NYC - Bahamas (7)
2007 - Sep 8 - Sapphire Princess - TPacific to Beijing (Vcvr/ Alaska [Glacier Bay] / Anchorage/Vladivostock/Japan/Korea/Beijing) (22)
2006 - Sep 3 NCL Jewel - Barcelona - Venice - Istanbul (12)
2005 - Aug 23 NCL Jewel - Baltic Capitals (12)pics at: http://community.webshots.com/user/sjbdtz
2004 - Jun 6 NCL Dawn - NYC/Bahamas/NYC (7)
2003 - May 31 - NCL Sky - Vcvr/Alaska(Tracey Arm)/ Seattle (7)

Old January 19th, 2013, 06:05 PM
5,000+ Club

Location: Vancouver native, Special Olympic volunteer and addicted to cruising
Smile

It's also there first post so let give them a nice big warm welcome to Cruise Critic. They state it was their first cruise with NCL but in the letter to the PCC they claim they are repeat customers - perhaps they have sailed on Star Cruises - will be interesting to see if they come back and respond.

Cheers

Dennis
NCL Sun - Pacific Coastal 4/27/04
NCL Star - Pacific Coastal 5/08/05
NCL Sun - Alaska Inside Passage 5/13/06
NCL Star - Mexican Riviera 02/10/07
NCL Pearl - One Nighter Seattle to Vancouver 9/23/07
NCL Dawn - Dawn Nymphs cruise New York to Miami 10/28/07
NCL Star - One Nighter Seattle to Vancouver 9/20/08
NCL Dawn - NY to Miami Repo11/08
NCL Spirit - Western Caribbean from New Orleans - 02/08/09
NCL Pearl - Alaska 08/30/09
Golden Princess - Coastal repo LA/YVR 05/10
NCL Spirit - Boston/NOLA 10/10
NCL Star - Coastal repo - Vancouver/LA 09/11
NCL Star - Panama Canal - LA/Tampa 10/11
NCL Jewel - Pacific Coastal YVR/LA 09/22/12
Grand Princess - 49 day South America cruise - Jan/March 2-2013 - Around the Horn
NCL Dawn B2B2B Sept/Oct 2013 - Boston/Quebec/ Boston 14 days at sea.
Star Princess/Grand Princess Pacific Coastal loop May 2014
UPCOMING:
NCL Dawn-Boston/Bermuda/Boston/NOLA Oct/Nov 2014
Grand Princess Pacific Coastal April 2015
NCL Dawn - Boston-NOLA repo Oct 2015
If you want to contact me it's yvrcruiser@gmail.com

Old January 19th, 2013, 06:17 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:

There defnintely is NOT a no email policy as I am always, and I do mean always, quoted via email! You should call or contact NCL and let them know what is happening. My PCC always responds to me quickly via email, and he knows not to call me.

Old January 19th, 2013, 06:18 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFO-F/A View Post

They need to talk to you.

I'm not sure about other TA's or Cruise companies, as we use NCL's PCC's.
This definitely is not true. I am always quoted via email from my PCC.

Old January 19th, 2013, 06:36 PM
5,000+ Club

Solomon. Welcome. IMHO, if you see a cruise you like, at a price you like... BOOK IT! Not tomorrow, not next week, NOW! Prices changeand go up, almost in an instant.

Then, once locked in, check out air and hotel prices on your own. Then call NCL and see how they compare.

You do not. Eed to include tours at this point. Those prices are fixed. Now they may sell out, but they do not need to bundled into a quote.

I have reread your post and I wasn't able to interpret your meaning of MY COMPANY. Would you explain? Did you imply ownership, which IMHO is pompous and arrogant or did you imply "cruise line of choice", which isn't.

If a PCC isn't meeting your needs, and obviously this one wasn't, why didn't you just call NCL, ask to speak with a supervisor and ask for a new PPC who could communicate with you only by Email?

By doung either of these things, you could have perhaps saved yourself some grief, avoided writing a negative letter and gotten the cruise you wanted.

Hope it works out for you.

Previous Cruises:
NCL Sun (aft PH again) - So. Caribbean - 03/13
Carnival Paradise - Baja Calif - 03/11
NCL Sun - So. America (& Antarctica) - 02/09
NCL Dawn - NYC to Nowhere -04/08
NCL Jewel - TransAtlantic to Greece - 04/07
RCI Monarch - Baja Calif - 03/05
Celebrity Summit - Alaska - 08/03
Carnival Ecstacy - Bahamas - 5/00
NCL Norway - Caribbean - 7/86

Finally I am NCL platinum - whoo hoo! Laundry perk!

Old January 19th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Why couldn't you talk to them on the phone? Seems to me to be no real reason why a cruise couldn't have been booked otherwise?

I must be missing something? One PCC doesn't control everything at NCL.

Old January 19th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default PPC arrogance

Like in many corporate cultures, employees fail to comprehend that those of us who are either self-employed or work non-conventional work days aren't necessarily 9-5 M-F people. That's why I use a private travel agent (who just happens to be my secretary from over 25 years ago) to arrange my travel.

I'm going to be blunt, "headset jockeys" sometimes just don't "get it".

Old January 19th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

PCC's are like used car salesmen. No better, no worse.

Old January 19th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

I once had a PCC who told me that they get more credit for booking a cruise by phone than by email. I don't know if that is true or not but she left the company and I was assigned a PCC that constantly called me to book cruises. I asked him to stop calling and to please email me. He just kept calling and would not email me at all. I switched to a PCC who takes care of one of my friends and she will give me quotes or book a cruise over the phone or by email. She only calls me when I leave her a message.

Bermuda - 7 day - NCL Breakaway 9/15/13
Pacific Coastal - 7 day - NCL Jewel 5/8/13
Western Caribbean - 12 day - NCL Star 4/15/12
Hawaii roundtrip from Los Angeles - 15 day - Carnival Spirit 12/02/11
Western Caribbean - 7 day B2B - NCL Sun 11/13/10
Eastern Caribbean - 7 day B2B - NCL Sun 11/6/10
Mexico - Sea of Cortez - 11 day - NCL Sun 10/23/09
Mediterranean & Transatlantic - 13 day - NCL Gem 11/16/08
Alaska - 7 day - NCL Star 9/1/07
Hawaii - 7 day - NCLA Pride of Aloha 9/10/06
Caribbean - 7 day - Norwegian Caribbean Line Skyward 12/27/85

Finally Platinum!!!

Old January 20th, 2013, 12:04 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinIllinois View Post
Why couldn't you talk to them on the phone? Seems to me to be no real reason why a cruise couldn't have been booked otherwise?

I must be missing something? One PCC doesn't control everything at NCL.

I"m not the OP, but I often cannot take calls during the day. I do almost everything online or thru email. I've never had a problem dealing with NCL or any TA this way.

Last edited by SissasMomE; January 20th, 2013 at 12:08 AM.