Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
- Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Princess Cruise Deals
- Write a Princess Cruise Review
- Find Your Princess Roll Call
See posts about:
Caribbean Princess
Diamond Princess
Island Princess
Royal Princess
Sun Princess

Coral Princess
Emerald Princess
Ocean Princess
Ruby Princess
Star Princess

Crown Princess
Golden Princess
Pacific Princess
Sapphire Princess

Dawn Princess
Grand Princess
Regal Princess
Sea Princess

Old November 2nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
10,000+ Club

Default Balcony Cabins on New Royal Princess

Does anyone have an insight on the obstructions on the BY, BW and BV balcony cabins? I have searched threads and pictures and can't seem to find anything that helps. The deck locations are better and since it only states that they are partially obstructed I'm wondering how much of an obstruction we could end up with.

Also, some of the BV cabins are mid ship and appear to have large but odd shape balconies too. Hmmm???

Moving to a BE isn't a lot of difference in price but again the locations aren't as convenient...

Old November 2nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEtue View Post
Does anyone have an insight on the obstructions on the BY, BW and BV balcony cabins? I have searched threads and pictures and can't seem to find anything that helps. The deck locations are better and since it only states that they are partially obstructed I'm wondering how much of an obstruction we could end up with.

Also, some of the BV cabins are mid ship and appear to have large but odd shape balconies too. Hmmm???

Moving to a BE isn't a lot of difference in price but again the locations aren't as convenient...
It appears to be just the life boats and tenders below you, and the only obstruction would be standing at the rail looking down to the water. I doubt if you would see them from the room or sitting on the balcony.

Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi,
we are booked in BZ so are hoping for at least some sight of sea and sky but at least we have a balcony....
Sailed:Sea Princess -Caribbean 2009,Sea Princess -Caribbean 2011,Grand Princess-Europe 2011,Caribbean Princess-Caribbean 2012 x2 ,Oceana- Atlantic Coast 2012 ,Grand Princess-Scandinavia 2012,Grand Princess-Europe 2012,Oceana-Europe 2012,Ventura -Europe 2012,Golden Princess-Hawaii 2013,Aurora-Europe 2013,Royal Princess-Maiden Iberia -2013 ,Crown Princess-Fjords-2013,Crown Princess-Europe 2013,Oceana-Iberia 2014, Emerald Princess-Europe 2014, Emerald Princess-Mediterranean 2014, Oriana-Europe 2014

Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGAfhc View Post
It appears to be just the life boats and tenders below you, and the only obstruction would be standing at the rail looking down to the water. I doubt if you would see them from the room or sitting on the balcony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbertsmum View Post
Hi,
we are booked in BZ so are hoping for at least some sight of sea and sky but at least we have a balcony....
Thanks to both of you. As long as I can see the ocean I'll be happy and I like being midship sailing out of FLL. Just can't bring myself to booking an inside any more

Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:04 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGAfhc View Post
What you state does not appear to be true if you look at the construction photos. I have attached a link to a photo showing the lifeboat davits.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/princes...8488/lightbox/

You can see that the davits extend all the way to the bottom of Dolphin deck and it appears they will be an obstruction from some Emerald deck balconies. It is unclear where the lifeboats will be located in relation to the top of the davits at this time. From other information it appears that the lifeboats may be entirely outside of the Emerald deck railing and many balconies may be looking over the tops of lifeboats or worse. We will need to wait for more information
01/14 - Sapphire Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina, 06/13 - Emerald Princess - Baltic, 01/13 - Island Princess - Panama Canal, 09/12 - Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal, 09/12 - Golden Princess - Inside Passage (B2B Glacier Bay & Tracy Arm), 09/11 - Sapphire Princess - California Coastal, 04/11 - Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera, 08/10 - Coral Princess - Voyage of the Glaciers, 03/10 - Star Princess - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires (The Shortened Post Earthquake Cruise), 02/10 - Star Princess - Buenos Aires to Valparaiso around Cape Horn (the Chilean Earthquake Cruise), 10/09 - Golden Princess - Hawaii, 11/07 - Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera, 02/07 - Grand Princess - Western Caribbean from Galveston, 04/06 - Coral Princess - Panama Canal RT from FLL, 10/04 - Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean Explorer from San Juan, 05/02 - Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas (3 Night)

Last edited by IECalCruiser; November 3rd, 2012 at 02:05 AM.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by IECalCruiser View Post
What you state does not appear to be true if you look at the construction photos. I have attached a link to a photo showing the lifeboat davits.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/princes...8488/lightbox/

You can see that the davits extend all the way to the bottom of Dolphin deck and it appears they will be an obstruction from some Emerald deck balconies. It is unclear where the lifeboats will be located in relation to the top of the davits at this time. From other information it appears that the lifeboats may be entirely outside of the Emerald deck railing and many balconies may be looking over the tops of lifeboats or worse. We will need to wait for more information
Thank you for the picture! It does appear that there could be major obstructions in relation to the balcony cabins on the Emerald Deck! I guess the description of "partially obstructed" is open to interpretation

Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

I don't mind waiting to see- I'm in a guarantee cabin and on a 7 day cruise to Iberia on a new ship.Even if all I see is orange-how bad can that be!!
Sailed:Sea Princess -Caribbean 2009,Sea Princess -Caribbean 2011,Grand Princess-Europe 2011,Caribbean Princess-Caribbean 2012 x2 ,Oceana- Atlantic Coast 2012 ,Grand Princess-Scandinavia 2012,Grand Princess-Europe 2012,Oceana-Europe 2012,Ventura -Europe 2012,Golden Princess-Hawaii 2013,Aurora-Europe 2013,Royal Princess-Maiden Iberia -2013 ,Crown Princess-Fjords-2013,Crown Princess-Europe 2013,Oceana-Iberia 2014, Emerald Princess-Europe 2014, Emerald Princess-Mediterranean 2014, Oriana-Europe 2014

Old August 6th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Can anyone update what they saw on the partially obstructed views on Emerald deck?

First trip to Alaska, 2nd cruise ever

Old August 6th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Here's a link to another thread that I started on the subject. There are some links to pictures in some of the posts.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1808632

Old August 6th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KruzPrincess View Post
Here's a link to another thread that I started on the subject. There are some links to pictures in some of the posts.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1808632

Thank you!

First trip to Alaska, 2nd cruise ever