Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines
- Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals
- Write a Carnival Review
- Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call
See posts about:
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Elation
Carnival Glory
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Splendor

Carnival Conquest
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Magic
Carnival Pride
Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Dream
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Valor

Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Legend
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Victory

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 11th, 2012, 01:07 PM
ComeSailWithME's Avatar
ComeSailWithME ComeSailWithME is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 480
Default Steam rooms & saunas - free?

I was just sifting through the last few pages of the 'secrets they don't want you to know about' thread and though I saw mention of the steam room & sauna being free to use? Can anyone attest to that? What about the showers?

Isn't there a daily or weekly charge to use some of the amenities? What does that include?
__________________

Carnival Triumph - April 2005
Carnival Victory - July 2006
Oasis of the Seas - October 2010
Carnival Valor- September 2012
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old September 11th, 2012, 01:08 PM
MLE Litella's Avatar
MLE Litella MLE Litella is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 254
Default

All free.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old September 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM
DaytonCruiser's Avatar
DaytonCruiser DaytonCruiser is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dayton,Ohio
Posts: 2,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeSailWithME View Post
I was just sifting through the last few pages of the 'secrets they don't want you to know about' thread and though I saw mention of the steam room & sauna being free to use? Can anyone attest to that? What about the showers?

Isn't there a daily or weekly charge to use some of the amenities? What does that include?
On Valor there is no extra charge to use the steam room and sauna or showers.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old September 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
ComeSailWithME's Avatar
ComeSailWithME ComeSailWithME is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonCruiser View Post
On Valor there is no extra charge to use the steam room and sauna or showers.
So do I just go there and I won't be questioned, or?

I never have been to any of the spas onboard.
__________________

Carnival Triumph - April 2005
Carnival Victory - July 2006
Oasis of the Seas - October 2010
Carnival Valor- September 2012
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old September 11th, 2012, 01:12 PM
MLE Litella's Avatar
MLE Litella MLE Litella is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 254
Default

Yeah, but if you want a locker, they will hold your S&S card.
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #6  
Old September 11th, 2012, 01:13 PM
DaytonCruiser's Avatar
DaytonCruiser DaytonCruiser is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dayton,Ohio
Posts: 2,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeSailWithME View Post
So do I just go there and I won't be questioned, or?

I never have been to any of the spas onboard.
Yes, you will find them in the locker room area. No one will ask you a thing, unless you stop at the desk to get a locker. Then you just give them your S&S card and you can use the gym, steam, sauna and shower as much as you desire.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old September 11th, 2012, 01:16 PM
ComeSailWithME's Avatar
ComeSailWithME ComeSailWithME is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 480
Default

Ok, 20 questions continue:

What type of amenities does the locker room/shower area have? Is the shower stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razors, shaving cream? Is there a common area with hairdryers, hair products, etc? These are typical things I have seen in other spas. Just don't know if I need to come fully equipped or what.

I am assuming there are plenty of towels and maybe even robes available?
__________________

Carnival Triumph - April 2005
Carnival Victory - July 2006
Oasis of the Seas - October 2010
Carnival Valor- September 2012
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old September 11th, 2012, 01:19 PM
MLE Litella's Avatar
MLE Litella MLE Litella is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 254
Default

Just towels.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old September 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM
firefly333's Avatar
firefly333 firefly333 is offline
50,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richardson, TX
Posts: 71,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeSailWithME View Post
Ok, 20 questions continue:

What type of amenities does the locker room/shower area have? Is the shower stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razors, shaving cream? Is there a common area with hairdryers, hair products, etc? These are typical things I have seen in other spas. Just don't know if I need to come fully equipped or what.

I am assuming there are plenty of towels and maybe even robes available?
Robes are in your cabin, and you need to keep up with it if you are wearing it around the ship. Looks funny to me, but seen people show up to breakfast in them.

The only ships that have a pay spa option are splendor and the 3 dream class ships and soon sunshine. there are no other ships that have any option to buy more spa stuff like what you mention. Of course its not free if you want services, like massages.. but the steam room and sauna is free .. for what they are worth. Id rather be on deck by the pool.

I only go to the spa for the free treadmills.
__________________
Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, RCL Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/12/14
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old September 11th, 2012, 02:24 PM
jaxfl's Avatar
jaxfl jaxfl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 935
Default

The gym is also free. Workout then clean up get dressed and have a good day. No charge.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old September 11th, 2012, 02:37 PM
MsSoloTravel's Avatar
MsSoloTravel MsSoloTravel is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 34
Default

Wow, I thought there was a charge for the steam/sauna too. I will be sailing on the Conquest this Sunday so this thread is a great find!

When you say they hold your s&s card for the locker, is that just to keep up with who has a locker? No charge??!!

Last edited by MsSoloTravel; September 11th, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old September 11th, 2012, 02:39 PM
firefly333's Avatar
firefly333 firefly333 is offline
50,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richardson, TX
Posts: 71,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSoloTravel View Post
Wow, I thought there was a charge for the steam/sauna too. I will be sailing on the Conquest this Sunday so this thread is a great find!

When you say they hold your s&s card for the locker, is that just to keep up with who has a locker? No charge??!!
Im sure there is no charge..but I never did the locker thing.

Dont drink up all the wine .. I will be boarding conquest as you get off.. save some for me and our group. I know there will be some drinkers among us.
__________________
Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, RCL Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/12/14
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old September 11th, 2012, 02:39 PM
DaytonCruiser's Avatar
DaytonCruiser DaytonCruiser is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dayton,Ohio
Posts: 2,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSoloTravel View Post

When you say they hold your s&s card for the locker, is that just to keep up with who has a locker? No charge??!!
Correct, no charge.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old September 11th, 2012, 03:00 PM
MsSoloTravel's Avatar
MsSoloTravel MsSoloTravel is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 34
Talking So Happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly333 View Post
Im sure there is no charge..but I never did the locker thing.

Dont drink up all the wine .. I will be boarding conquest as you get off.. save some for me and our group. I know there will be some drinkers among us.
Thanks Firefly...I used to be a pretty big wine drinker, now only on occasion. I hope you don't have some Stoli drinkers with you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonCruiser View Post
Correct, no charge.
Thanks so much!


I read that someone took an email from Carnival stating they were free and had to show it to the staff to get access because they were acting like they didn't know it was free of charge. Hopefully we won't have this problem.

Do you know if it is stated somewhere on Carnival's site so that I can print it out and have it on hand?
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old September 11th, 2012, 03:06 PM
DaytonCruiser's Avatar
DaytonCruiser DaytonCruiser is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dayton,Ohio
Posts: 2,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSoloTravel View Post
Thanks Firefly...I used to be a pretty big wine drinker, now only on occasion. I hope you don't have some Stoli drinkers with you!!



Thanks so much!


I read that someone took an email from Carnival stating they were free and had to show it to the staff to get access because they were acting like they didn't know it was free of charge. Hopefully we won't have this problem.

Do you know if it is stated somewhere on Carnival's site so that I can print it out and have it on hand?
Not sure what ship they were on, but with the Conquest class ships it wont be an issue, its doubtful you will even run into staff, other than the cleaning crew in the locker room. I really wouldnt worry about having any issues whatsoever.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old September 11th, 2012, 03:21 PM
MsSoloTravel's Avatar
MsSoloTravel MsSoloTravel is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonCruiser View Post
Not sure what ship they were on, but with the Conquest class ships it wont be an issue, its doubtful you will even run into staff, other than the cleaning crew in the locker room. I really wouldnt worry about having any issues whatsoever.
It was the Magic...the letter stated the steam room was free.

But, thank you for the quick response. I am so happy to hear this news. Not that we will use it every day; probably twice. But that is twice more than we would have had I not found this thread!!
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old September 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM
DaytonCruiser's Avatar
DaytonCruiser DaytonCruiser is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dayton,Ohio
Posts: 2,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSoloTravel View Post
It was the Magic...the letter stated the steam room was free.

But, thank you for the quick response. I am so happy to hear this news. Not that we will use it every day; probably twice. But that is twice more than we would have had I not found this thread!!
You are welcome


The wet sauna is great..I love the eucalyptus, really opens me up.



I know on the ships with cloud 9 spas...there is a free steam room, there has even been people saying that a free one didnt exist, so I can see why there was some confusion. Quite a few thread on the topic.
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1560425

Last edited by DaytonCruiser; September 11th, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:02 PM
YubaSutter YubaSutter is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sutter Buttes
Posts: 1,787
Default

The free sauna is not in a spa. The ones in the Cloud 9 spa are extra. The free ones are in the restroom/changing area next to the fitness room.
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:14 PM
MLE Litella's Avatar
MLE Litella MLE Litella is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YubaSutter View Post
The free sauna is not in a spa. The ones in the Cloud 9 spa are extra. The free ones are in the restroom/changing area next to the fitness room.
Valor doesn't have a Cloud 9.
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:27 PM
kjunea's Avatar
kjunea kjunea is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Music City
Posts: 2,760
Default

I know they used to have samples and stuff in the spa sometimes. On the Conquest, there were samples of "Just for Men" in the men's spa. A friend got hold of it and colored his hair. Left it on a wee bit too long and it went to Jet black! (he was completely gray to begin with....)
__________________
Monarch of the Seas 1992
Regent Rainbow 1993
Soverign of the Seas 1994
Grandeur of the Seas 1997
Carnival Fantasy 1998
Monarch of the Seas 1999
Majesty of the Seas 2000
Soverign of the Seas 2001
Carnival Miracle 2005
Carnival Fantasy 2008
Carnival Liberty 2009
Carnival Legend 2010
Carnival Fantasy 2011
Carnival Dream 2012
Carnival Breeze 2013
Carnival Liberty 2015
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.
Cookie ConsentCookie Policy