Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Cunard Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cunard Line
Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Cunard Cruise Deals.

Old July 30th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Disembarkation schedule

On previous posts, I have seen this subject skirted, but never outlined. How is disembarkation handled?

On our previous cruises, the pax with imminent airline/other transportation needs were disembarked first. I assume those pax that paid much more than we did also disembarked early, as we normally waited for quit a while. I also assume self disembarkers are allowed off first.

On these boards I see self disembarkers are first, and then all I have seen is that the remainder of the pax are allowed off by deck, but I have never seen what, if any, schedule Cunard follows. I would presume Grilles pax would go immediatly after selfers, and then the rest of us. If they do so by deck, do they start at the bottom of the ship, or all the way at the top? This would make a difference as to transportation arrangements.

Thank you,

Ed

Old July 30th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

You can get off when suits you unless you have a transfer booked, you will be given luggage tags with a time allocated but if you are making your own travel arrangements you can leave at anytime upto about 9am your luggage will be in the baggage hall., its all very easy.
If your are self disembarking you can leave anytime upto about 9am but they will not help you with any luggage.
If your are disabled or have mobility problems you will go to Sir Samuel's were they will provide a wheelchair and porter but this needs to be booked in advance.

Jason

Last edited by Jason12; July 30th, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

Old July 30th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Ed,

Here are some highlights from the landing arrangements document we received for our arrival in Southampton following an eastbound crossing on the QM2 in November 2010. It may be a bit out of date, so don't take the times and locations literally. But I suspect it is fairly close to the current procedure for disembarking the QM2. If not, I'm sure others will provide any corrections or updates to this procedure.
SELF-HELP EXPRESS WALK-OFF
Meet in the Queen's Room with your luggage from 6:45am. Disembarkation commences usually at 7:00am for self help only.

MEETING PLACE FOR CUNARD TRANSFERS
Meet in the Royal Court Theatre at the time advised in the letter sent to you with your new luggage tags.

MEETING TIME AND PLACE FOR GUESTS WITH THEIR OWN ARRANGEMENTS
8:15am - Deck 9 Queens Grill - Meet in the Queens Grill Lounge.
8:45am - Deck 10 Princess Grill - Meet in the Chart Room on Deck 3.
9:15am - Deck 12 - Meet in the Winter Garden on Deck 7.
9:15am - Deck 11 - Meet in the Winter Garden on Deck 7.
9:30am - Deck 8 - Meet in the Illuminations on Deck 3L.
9:45am - Deck 6 - Meet in the Royal Court Theatre on Deck 2.
10:00am - Deck 5 - Meet in the Queen's Room on Deck 3.
10:15am - Deck 4 - Meet in the Queen's Room on Deck 3.
Regards,
John.

CroisiEurope Douce France, Rhine River (2004) ... Queen Mary 2, Eastbound Transatlantic (2005, 2010, 2014)
Queen Elizabeth 2, Norwegian Wonders (2008) ... Island Princess, Panama Canal (2008) ... Queen Victoria, Gallic Getaway (2009)
Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean (2010) ... Brilliance of the Seas, Suez Canal (2011) ... Queen Elizabeth, Eastern Mediterranean (2012)
Maasdam, Canada and New England (2013) ... Queen Mary 2, Caribbean Fiesta (2013)

Last edited by bluemarble; July 30th, 2012 at 04:31 PM.

Old July 30th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemarble View Post
Ed,

Here are some highlights from the landing arrangements document we received for our arrival in Southampton following an eastbound crossing on the QM2 in November 2010. It may be a bit out of date, so don't take the times and locations literally. But I suspect it is fairly close to the current procedure for disembarking the QM2. If not, I'm sure others will provide any corrections or updates to this procedure.
SELF-HELP EXPRESS WALK-OFF
Meet in the Queen's Room with your luggage from 6:45am. Disembarkation commences usually at 7:00am for self help only.

MEETING PLACE FOR CUNARD TRANSFERS
Meet in the Royal Court Theatre at the time advised in the letter sent to you with your new luggage tags.

MEETING TIME AND PLACE FOR GUESTS WITH THEIR OWN ARRANGEMENTS
8:15am - Deck 9 Queens Grill - Meet in the Queens Grill Lounge.
8:45am - Deck 10 Princess Grill - Meet in the Chart Room on Deck 3.
9:15am - Deck 12 - Meet in the Winter Garden on Deck 7.
9:15am - Deck 11 - Meet in the Winter Garden on Deck 7.
9:30am - Deck 8 - Meet in the Illuminations on Deck 3L.
9:45am - Deck 6 - Meet in the Royal Court Theatre on Deck 2.
10:00am - Deck 5 - Meet in the Queen's Room on Deck 3.
10:15am - Deck 4 - Meet in the Queen's Room on Deck 3.
Regards,
John.
Thanks you have made my day, I am deck 5 lovely not to have to rush off. I am lucky live close to Southampton so will be able to "extend the cruise feeling"

QM2 2014 x2
QE2013
QM2 2012
Sojourn 2012
Balmoral 2011
Celebration 2008 x2

Old July 31st, 2012, 03:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

ISTR a Disembarkation Lounge for Platinum World Club Members

Old July 31st, 2012, 06:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

There was on QE last week. Hope you are well, Annette.
Jane

Old July 31st, 2012, 06:51 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevankiki View Post
ISTR a Disembarkation Lounge for Platinum World Club Members
In the past I've been directed to Todd English (QM2) and the Commodore Club (QE).
When in Southampton there were free newspapers, coffee/tea and orange juice waiting.

Best wishes .

"It's not the only way to cross, but it's the only way to cross"

QM2 - QE - QV - QE2 - interiors. QM2 cabin photos & ship tour. Crossings & Cruises - photographs here . . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepperrn/sets/

...over 1.8 million visits, thank you.

Last edited by pepperrn; July 31st, 2012 at 06:52 AM.

Old July 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the responses! I now have the information needed to make an informed decision. I won't, but at least I have the information.

Old August 1st, 2012, 07:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Regarding the Cunard transfers, I assume they leave at fairly standard times from Brooklyn to LGA. I'm wondering how early I could book a flight and use the Cunard xfer? I haven't priced it out either...I expect a taxi will be cheaper. Are they easy to come by in Brooklyn? (It was a nightmare in Manhattan last year).

Rob

Pictures, stories and videos at http://transatlanticcrossing.blogspot.com