Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines
- Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals
- Write a Carnival Review
- Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call
See posts about:
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Elation
Carnival Glory
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Splendor

Carnival Conquest
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Magic
Carnival Pride
Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Dream
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Valor

Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Legend
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Victory

Old July 27th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default 3 Carnival Passengers missing in Ocha Rios

Just read a story on USA Today that three passengers on a Carnival ship failed to reboard after a stop in Ocho Rios and cannot be located. American citizens, a mother and father in their 40's and their daughter age 21. They were not on a ship sponsored shore excursion and cannot be located.

Old July 27th, 2012, 08:04 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyPet View Post
Just read a story on USA Today that three passengers on a Carnival ship failed to reboard after a stop in Ocho Rios and cannot be located. American citizens, a mother and father in their 40's and their daughter age 21. They were not on a ship sponsored shore excursion and cannot be located.
Link?

Old July 27th, 2012, 08:08 PM
10,000+ Club

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/p...maica/813756/1

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, BUT rather to SKID In BROADSIDE, completely used up, totally worn out, and SCREAMING "WOW---WHAT A RIDE!!"

Old July 27th, 2012, 08:14 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue d. miller View Post
Thanks. Hope they're found safe and sound.

Old July 27th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'll admit it - I was nervous last time I was in Falmouth and I'm nervous going back. Ship excursion it is, if I even get off the ship!

Last edited by Classynfun1; July 27th, 2012 at 08:20 PM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 27th, 2012, 09:07 PM
10,000+ Club

This is scary. Even if they stuck to the most populated touristy areas there is no guarantee that they would be safe, just as it is here in the United Staes.

Ou prayers go out to the families back home that these cruisers will be found lost somewhere on the island and will be brought safely home.

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Heard on the radio that these people took all their belongings and checked into a resort.

Uniworld River Cruise Amsterdam to Budapest
RCI New England & Canada

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Scarpetta View Post
Heard on the radio that these people took all their belongings and checked into a resort.
http://www.karnnewsradio.com/rssItem...temid=29884264

Past Cruises:
Oct. 2014 - Enchantment of the Seas (4)
Jan. 2014 - Celebrity Equinox (10), May 2013 - Grand Princess (10 day Alaska from San Francisco), Feb. 2012 - Ryndam (7), April 2011 - Radiance of the Seas (15 day Reposition - Panama Canal)
Feb. 2010 - Emerald Princess (7), Feb. 2009 - Caribbean Princess (7), Jan. 2008 - Adventure of the Seas (7), June 2007 - Mariner of the Seas (7), July 2002 - Explorer of the Seas (7), Feb. 1996 - Song of America (7)

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Didn't the crew think it was strange that they took all of their belongings off? Unless they didn't have much!

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just read on the Carnival board that these 3 idiots have been located. THe reason I say idiots was because they were located in a hotel. Evidently they decided they didn't like the cruise and got off and checked into a hotel. Did it not occur to them that if they didn't inform the ship's staff that they were getting off permanently that they would be searched for???

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Scarpetta View Post

....doesn't say much for Carnival.....

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Just read on the Carnival board that these 3 idiots have been located. THe reason I say idiots was because they were located in a hotel. Evidently they decided they didn't like the cruise and got off and checked into a hotel. Did it not occur to them that if they didn't inform the ship's staff that they were getting off permanently that they would be searched for???
details...details.

1. RCCL Explorer of the Seas: 7/21/11-7/30/11
9 Night Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean Cruise

2. RCCL Explorer of the Seas 8/11/12-8/16/12
5 Night Bermuda

I'm on a Boat and....

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:35 PM
5,000+ Club

Can't fix stupid.

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:39 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by grand isle joe View Post
It could've been any ship/line. However, that doesn't excuse the fact they didn't notify anyone they were debarking and not returning.

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

The 3 articles I have read said they were found at a beach villa. No mention of having luggage or checking in. Sounds like they just missed the ship. Said police were hedlping with arrangements to fly home.

Past Cruises:
Oct. 2014 - Enchantment of the Seas (4)
Jan. 2014 - Celebrity Equinox (10), May 2013 - Grand Princess (10 day Alaska from San Francisco), Feb. 2012 - Ryndam (7), April 2011 - Radiance of the Seas (15 day Reposition - Panama Canal)
Feb. 2010 - Emerald Princess (7), Feb. 2009 - Caribbean Princess (7), Jan. 2008 - Adventure of the Seas (7), June 2007 - Mariner of the Seas (7), July 2002 - Explorer of the Seas (7), Feb. 1996 - Song of America (7)

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeagle12 View Post
The 3 articles I have read said they were found at a beach villa. No mention of having luggage or checking in. Sounds like they just missed the ship. Said police were hedlping with arrangements to fly home.
If they "just missed the ship" why would they not seek out help? Police, try to find the American embassy or consulate, something? They were supposedly found sitting on some beach-not what I'd do if I were in a foreign country after missing my ship.

Carnival Ecstasy-10/26/13 - Bahamas again!
Carnival Fascination-11/24/12 - Key West and Nassau
Carnival Fascination-10/10 - Half Moon Cay and Nassau

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank goodness they are safe. Jamacia would be the last place I'd pick to exit a cruise.

It was very inconsiderate for them not to tell Carnival what they were doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classynfun1 View Post
I'll admit it - I was nervous last time I was in Falmouth and I'm nervous going back. Ship excursion it is, if I even get off the ship!
I 100% agree with you!

At age 28 in I made the mistake of going into town midday to the busy shopping area by myself after a tour with DH, my mom and dad. I wanted to buy a watch as mine was broken. Back when I was 16, I was an exchange student in Paris and at 28 I freqently traveled on business to Chicago, NYC, etc. quite a bit, so based on those experiences felt pretty confident that I'd be fine in broad daylight on my own. What a mistake. Nothing bad happened, but I was pretty freaked out. A group of five black men followed me around everywhere I went, in and out of stores, etc. One even tried to get me to pay him protection money to protect me from the other guys. I should have just gone straight back to the ship, but I completed my errand before I did that. I tried not to act scared and be friendly and cordial anytime they spoke to me and asked me questions. I thought this was in my own best interest. For questions about ganga and partying, I just said that it just wasn't my thing. I tried to act like it was no big deal to have people following me. You don't know how happy I was, though, to be back on that cruise ship boat.

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Nobody searched the cabin to see if their stuff was still there?

Inconsiderate of the passengers not to inform Carnival....but Carnival should have done a search before getting the authorities involved.

It's like accusing someone of a crime without any evidence.

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by grand isle joe View Post
Carnival cruising doesn't cause stupidity....!

Unofficial VP for Balcony Sitting

DREAM 6-29-14 Cozumel, Jamaica, & Grand Caymen!
Freedom 7-14-12 35th Anniversary Cruise with family and friends- BEST ever cruise!!
Fantasy 6-5-10 All the Kids & Cousins on board!
Fantasy 6-30-07 I want to go back!
Conquest 7-2-06 Ahh...the memories!
Elation 7-17-05 Detoured cruise to the Bahamas!
Memories: Key West, Freeport, Nassau, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacao, Aruba, & MANY more to make

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPatches View Post
Inconsiderate of the passengers not to inform Carnival....but Carnival should have done a search before getting the authorities involved.
And how would they do that? All Carnival knew is that three people did not return to the ship at departure time. Next step alert is to alert the local authorities who know the area and may have any information such as a car accident or something of the sorts... Not seeing why you think Carnival should have been searching the island themselves, it was known the three left the ship and no record of any of them returning via the *ding* machine...

What I'm doing:
Carnival Magic- November 30, 2014 - Western Caribbean - Another 4J on the Lido - Going to Belize, Honduras and Cozumel!
Carnival Freedom- April 4, 2015 - Western Caribbean - My Platinum Cruise (if it was still 10 cruises...) - Going back to Belize, Honduras and Cozumel!

What I've done:
Carnival Conquest - May 7, 2006 - Western Caribbean - First cruise and it's an AFT WRAP!!! Cabin 6452 Then GF now DW Birthday Cruise
Carnival Ecstasy - October 12, 2006 - Western Caribbean- inside cabin... "Is the sun up?" My Birthday Cruise
Carnival Miracle - November 19, 2010 - Southern Caribbean, Grand Turk, DENIED! Too windy to dock - Cabins 6323/6321... Thanksgiving Miracle Family Cruise - Favorite cruise so far!
Carnival Conquest- August 7, 2011 - Western Caribbean - Cabins 8449/8435... Charlie Hodge Halftime Show Comedy Conquest Cruise with the family
Carnival Triumph - April 5, 2012 - Western Caribbean - Cabin 7419 - 4-day to Cozumel, just me and the DW and made great new friends!
Carnival Magic - August 5, 2012 - Western Caribbean - Cabin 8469/8421 - Ernesto couldn't divert us! Diving was incredible!
Carnival Magic - January 13, 2013 - Eastern Caribbean - Lido Inside Cabin 10222 - Cheers! Program was a blast!
Carnival Magic- December 1, 2013 - Western Caribbean - - 4J Cabin 9201 - DW turned Platinum!!!