Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Ask a Cruise Question

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Ask a Cruise Question Post your general cruise questions here.

Old March 10th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Fort Lauderdale hotel with shuttle to Port of Miami?

Has anyone chosen to stay overnight in Fort Lauderdale and stayed at a hotel that drove you for free to the Port of Miami?

We found one, the Comfort Inn, but does anyone know of any others? We will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale late on a Friday evening and prefer to stay there before heading down to our cruise in Miami.

Thanks for sharing, if you have any information.

Old March 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
50,000+ Club

I would post this on the FLORIDA departures ports.

Hollywood FL would be the best place to look imo as it is in between the two cites.

Old March 10th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

It's a 30-45 minute drive down to the Port of Miami. I would be surprised if any Ft. Lauderdale hotel provided a free shuttle to it. I would recommend that you contact www.ridesas.com for a shuttle to the port. They are reasonable and prompt.

Old March 10th, 2012, 05:16 PM
10,000+ Club

As mentioned, the Florida departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

is the best place, as this topic is discussed daily.

Also, as mentioned, it is a 45 minute drive between the two. So, no one offers a free shuttle. However, occaisionally, you might see a hotel rate where a shuttle is included, but the room rate is higher to cover the cost.

Old March 10th, 2012, 05:25 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuxieGirl View Post
Has anyone chosen to stay overnight in Fort Lauderdale and stayed at a hotel that drove you for free to the Port of Miami?

We found one, the Comfort Inn, but does anyone know of any others? We will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale late on a Friday evening and prefer to stay there before heading down to our cruise in Miami.

Are you sure they will drive you to the Port of Miami for free? This is a 45-60 minute drive and there are no hotels that do this free as far as I know. Maybe they told you they had a shuttle but it will be for a charge. Or is it possible that they have a free ride to Pt Everglades in Ft Lauderdale? Some of the hotels have a free ride to Pt Everglades, but not Miami.

Last edited by Marie51; March 10th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 10th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie51 View Post
Are you sure they will drive you to the Port of Miami for free? This is a 45-60 minute drive and there are no hotels that do this free as far as I know. Maybe they told you they had a shuttle but it will be for a charge. Or is it possible that they have a free ride to Pt Everglades in Ft Lauderdale? Some of the hotels have a free ride to Pt Everglades, but not Miami.
Sorry, I can repost. The Comfort Inn has a "Port of Miami Package" that includes a shuttle to the port, so no it's not free. Sorry, I wasn't clear at all in my original post.

So yes, there are definitely hotels that do this, but I'm sure they aren't free, just included in the room rate. I am looking for one of those. The Comfort Inn won't allow us to book until April, so I was seeing what other options are open.

Will repost to the Florida boards, thanks everyone!

Old March 10th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Sas

SAS transportation. Took us from Port of Mia, to FLL hotel after cruise for 13 per person. Very affordable, and a super new van--we had 9 plus luggage. The driver even did a little tour type thing while he was driving us around.

Carnival Legend 4-07
Carnival Legend 1-10
House Rental on Cozumel 2011
Carnival Glory 2-26-12
Ports I been too: Costa Maya, Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Nassua, Grand Cayman. St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St.Martin, Barbados, St. Thomas again.
Land vacation to: Amsterdam, Germany, Belgium, and LOTS of the United States of America!

Old March 10th, 2012, 11:21 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Sorry, I can repost. The Comfort Inn has a "Port of Miami Package" that includes a shuttle to the port, so no it's not free. Sorry, I wasn't clear at all in my original post.

So yes, there are definitely hotels that do this, but I'm sure they aren't free, just included in the room rate. I am looking for one of those. The Comfort Inn won't allow us to book until April, so I was seeing what other options are open.

Will repost to the Florida boards, thanks everyone!
The cost of using a shuttle may be less than whatever the hotel charges for their shuttle that comes with the package.

Old March 11th, 2012, 01:15 AM
10,000+ Club

I would not exert any energy looking for a hotel with such a service. There are plenty of shuttle services (i.e. SAS) that will pick you up at any Ft. Lauderdale Hotel and take you to Port of Miami inexpensively. Just choose a hotel you want to stay in based on other factors and then arrange transportation with a shuttle service. Otherwise you will be extremely limited in hotel selection and probably overpay and/or have a crappy hotel.

Completed Cruises:
Celebrity Xpedition - October 5, 2014 - Galapagos (Seals, Penguins and Boobies, Oh My)!
RCI Allure of the Seas - September 2, 2012 - Eastern Caribbean (Aft Boardwalk Balcony; 24 Restaurants in 7 Days)!
Celebrity Millennium - May 27, 2012 - Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise with Temecula, San Diego, and Vancouver Land Add On (Sky Suite GTY)
Celebrity Millennium - February 20, 2012 - Western Caribbean (Adult Spring Break: SoBe, Millie & The Penthouse)
Celebrity Silhouette - September 27, 2011 - Holy Land (Concierge Class)
Celebrity Equinox - October 31, 2010 - Mediterranean & Westbound Transatlantic with the Hobgoblins (First Suite)
Celebrity Equinox - December 4, 2009 - Southern Caribbean (Aqua Class "Hump" Stateroom)
RCI Jewel of the Seas - January 9, 2009 - Panama Canal Cruise with the Panamaniacs!
Celebrity Century - April 28, 2008 - Transatlantic: Miami to Amsterdam Honeymoon Cruise with the Centurions!
HAL Noordam - May 13, 2007 - Alaska Inside Passage
RCI Adventure of the Seas - November 26, 2006 - Eastern Caribbean
RCI Grandeur of the Seas - February 11, 2006 - Western Caribbean
RCI Enchantment of the Seas - January 8, 2005 - Western Caribbean

Old March 11th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

If you are flying into FLL and sailing out of POM, another option is to rent a car at FLL. Hertz has a location close to the POM and they offer a shuttle from their location to POM. I only paid $30 last month (Feb 2012) for a rental car for the 1 day rental, and it was great as it gave us the freedom to go out a little way for the hotel and stop and get what we had forgotten without paying extra for a taxi. If you have a VISA card, look on the VISA site for a coupon.

There is a gas station about 2 blocks from the Hertz location.

Old March 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algebralovr View Post
If you are flying into FLL and sailing out of POM, another option is to rent a car at FLL. Hertz has a location close to the POM and they offer a shuttle from their location to POM. I only paid $30 last month (Feb 2012) for a rental car for the 1 day rental, and it was great as it gave us the freedom to go out a little way for the hotel and stop and get what we had forgotten without paying extra for a taxi. If you have a VISA card, look on the VISA site for a coupon.

There is a gas station about 2 blocks from the Hertz location.
This is a great idea, except there will either be 6 or 10 of us, with all our bags. If we can find a decent price on a van or two, we would be OK with this.

Old July 15th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

I have never had it take 45 minutes to 1 hour to get from FLL to the port in Miami. Most of our trips have been 30-35 minutes. We must be on a lucky streak.
One year when we had 7 pax we did a limo which was about $120, about the same thing as paying for the shuttle transfers.
Last year we stayed at the Rodeway Inn, Fort Lauderdale. Reasonable rate they offered shuttle for additional $20 to Miami. Very organized in their shuttle service to FLL-did'nt really pay that much attention to the Miami.

Old November 17th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Transportation to Mia Port Form Ft Lauderdale

Quote:

There are almost no hotel that will take you for free to Mia Port you have to choices stay in Miami at any hotel close to the port or you can book a private shuttle service www.vipfloridashuttle.com or 954 4796867 thst will take your party to mia port

Old March 25th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default FLL hotel

I found the same one. The Comfort Inn is now a Quality Inn. I have a package on reserve, but cont to search in case I find a better deal as this hotel has mixed reviews on Trip Advisor. I have searched on MANY websites & made multiple phone calls and cannot find any other hotel with a cruise package to the Port of Miami. They all recommend a cab which can run approx $100. I would also do the other recommendation of the SAS transportation if you stay anywhere else.

Quote:

Old March 25th, 2014, 01:43 PM
50,000+ Club

You certainly do NOT want to do a cab....it's WAAAAY too expensive...that's why everyone has been recommending SAS....check them out!

Old March 25th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/default.aspx?pageid=1

This site has a list of all the FLL hotels it will pick up from and take you to the POM~ and from POM back~ for a fee of $15 pp

~~NCL~~
Sky~ June 9, 2013 #3 & Getaway~ June 14, 2014 #4~ Total Rewards/CAS
Sky~July 8-12 & July 15-19, 2013 # 1 & 2~ Total Rewards/CAS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CCL ~ Spirit~December 2, 2011~15day RT to Hawaii~(8)
CCL ~ Conquest~October 9, 2011 (7)
CCL ~ Conquest~October 10, 2010 (6)
CCL ~ Splendor~March 14, 2010 (5)
CCL ~ Paradise~January 8, 2010 (4)
CCL ~ Conquest~October 11, 2009 (3)
RCCL ~ Monarch of the Seas~November 2, 2007 ~ 40th Birthday Cruise(2)
CCL ~ Conquest~March 26, 2006 ~ Dinner with Capt. Massimo Marino (2)
CCL ~ Victory~April 29, 2005 (1)
RCCL ~ Monarch of the Seas~June 1999 (1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
74 Total Sea Days