Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Sunshine Sailors

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old March 9th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Moving to Tampa next month

hey all as many of you know I am moving to tampa in April and will be followed by DW and DDs in July. we have been looking at real estate and mostly focused on Schools and affordability which has lead us to two distinct areas so far, SpringHill and Riverview just thought id sollicit some opinions from people in the area. i will be working at the airport and most likely either 4am-noon or noon to 9 so traffic wont be too much of a concern.

so any thoughts opinions hints ideas anything about moving and florida life in general would be greatly appreciated

thanks future neighbors and cruise group :-)

Carnival Victory 8-3-02 Western Caribean
Voyager of the Seas 5-04 Western Caribean
Carnival Victoy 8-2-07 Canada ( 5th Aniv)
Carnival Miracle 5-17-08 Eastern Caribean
Carnival Miracle 5-24-09 Eastern Caribean

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 10th, 2012, 08:08 AM
5,000+ Club

I hope you get the early shift until you learn to bear the summer heat. Don't know if your job is inside or out. Once accustomed to summer here, which is very long, you'll love winter Florida style, you'll appreciate winter like northerners appreciate spring.
There is sooooo much to do in Florida, you'll be able to get special resident's rates at all theme parks (almost feel guilty about them)

Old March 10th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

Yes I am hoping for the morning shift too, quite opposite of up here in ct, and it is an indoor job, mostly. Deffinetly looking forward to park discounts seeing as Disney will be high on the list for the girls for the next decade or so

Old March 16th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Let me suggest a different area. The area around Lutz, Odessa, Citrus Park is a good area and the schools are excellent. I am a teacher and would recommend the schools around Citrus Park.
Kathy My Cruise Collection: Costa Flavia – 6/81; NCL Sunward II – 7/84, Holiday – 7/86; Celebration – 6/88, 7/92; Jubilee – 7/89; Fantasy – 7/90, 10/97, 11/00, 5/04; Ecstasy – 7/91, 1/94, 6/96, 10/98; NCL Sunward – 3/92; Carnivale – 10/92; Regent Rainbow – 3/93; Monarch of the Seas – 7/93; Tropicale – 7/95; Sensation – 6/99, 6/13; Paradise – 5/00, 9/03; Imagination – 6/01; Carnival Victory – 3/02, 3/14; Carnival Miracle – 11/04; Carnival Liberty-11/05, 7/12 (Milestone); Grandeur of the Seas--12/05; Inspiration --11/06, 10/08, 10/10; Carnival Spirit--6/07 : Carnival Freedom--4/08; Carnival Triumph --6/09; Carnival Destiny--7/09, 3/12; Carnival Fascination--6/11; Carnival Breeze--11/12; Carnival Legend--11/13

Up Next:
??

Old March 16th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

We live in Riverview and absolutely LOVE it! We don't have children so I cannot comment on the schools out here. We live in a gated community of around 600 townhouses, and absolutely love that we don't have to lift a finger - everything is done for us from lawn maintenance to garbage pickup!

There is a glut of homes available in the area, and depending on where you live the airport will be 20 to 30 minutes depending on traffic.

If I can be of any help let me know!

Cary and Susan

Bawston Boy + Jersey Girl (plus our cruising mascot Jumbo the Elephant) = match made in heaven!

I admit that we're cruise junkies!!!!

Way too many cruises to count:
15 on Carnival
2 on Norwegian
2 on Royal Caribbean

Old March 17th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks everyone for the advice and opinions, soo much happening right now be down there in a little over two weeks