Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
- Read thousands of Celebrity Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Celebrity Cruise Deals
- Write a Celebrity Cruise Review
- Find Your Celebrity Roll Call
See posts about:
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Summit

Celebrity Eclipse
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Xpedition

Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Silhouette

Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Solstice

Old December 24th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default stern view

On the new infinity, is there a deck or place to lounge, in an open area ( nothing above you or to the side. un covered) where one can lean on the rail and enjoy the view astern ?
I looked at the deck plan but I can't find the new layout. I heard tht they put a ton of aft facing cabins and closed off the aft deck almost totaly/ ?

I also heard some say that the observation lounge is only observation to starboard and foward and that the whole port side of the lounge is not a kids play area?

Help
Holland America...a few times..
Celebrity..a few times
NCl...a few times
CRATE..a few times

USS Vammen( DE 644)
USS Trathen( DD530.)..
USS Midway ( CV41)
"In harms way" ........ a many times

Old December 24th, 2011, 04:36 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiidan View Post
On the new infinity, is there a deck or place to lounge, in an open area ( nothing above you or to the side. un covered) where one can lean on the rail and enjoy the view astern ?
I looked at the deck plan but I can't find the new layout. I heard tht they put a ton of aft facing cabins and closed off the aft deck almost totaly/ ?

I also heard some say that the observation lounge is only observation to starboard and foward and that the whole port side of the lounge is not a kids play area?

Help
Certainly there is an open deck above the newly added A1 cabins...that deck has the basketball court (yes, over those new expensive aqua class cabins...there is a walk around area on the stern of that deck, perhaps with chairs or lounges...not sure anyone knows at this point. Also a great view from there down on to all of the new aqua class cabin balconies which really have no cover over them. Perhaps that view may be more interesting

My guess is that the forward lounge observation is correct. I've found that on most cruises, the forward high lounge on a ship isn't used that much. I've never understood this since it's a great place to have a drink, but I guess most folks want to be outside rather than inside. I am not sure this is a real issue or just something to fret about.

Old December 24th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiidan View Post

Help
The new deck area above the Deck 11 aft AQ cabins will give you that view.

Oct 25/15 - 14 nt Japan and China
May 22/16 - 7 nt Alaska Hubbard Glacier
Oct 8/16 - 14 nt Western Med

"Username or Password Incorrect" Well at least tell me which one it is!

Old December 24th, 2011, 04:46 PM
5,000+ Club

There is still the open Sunset bar area behind the Ocean View Cafe on deck 10. The new cabins are above and slightly forward of that area on deck 11 where the Fun Factory use to be.

Pass Cruises
Festival's Bolero Dec98 E Car*Blackbeard's Pirate Lady Jan99 Bahamas*Sun's Carousel (Nordic Prince)Feb99 S.Car*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Sept99-W Med*Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Jan00 PC* Sea Pr June00-Alaska* Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Feb01 W Car* Grand PrFeb02 W.Car* Empress of the Seas July 02 Bermuda*Star Pr Feb03 Mex Riv* Enchantment of the Seas Mar03 E.Carib*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)June03 W Med*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Jan04-S Car* Voyager of the Seas June 04 Canada* Sun's Sunbird (Song of America) Aug 04 W Med*Maasdam Mar05 S.Car* Costa's Mediterranea Apr06 E Car* Regal Princess Nov 06 PC* Serenade of the Seas Feb.07-S Car*Adventure of the Seas Mar07 S Car*Radiance of the Seas Sept07 Alaska &West Coast* Legend of the Seas Nov07- E Med*Radiance of the Seas May08Hawaii* X Century Dec08 West TA*Radiance of the Seas Apr-May09 Chile to San Diego*X Mercury Nov09 E.Caribbean*Radiance of the Seas Feb10 Mex. Riv*Grand Princess Apr10 East TA*X Summit Nov10 S. Car*X Summit Dec10 S Car*Golden Pr Feb11 Hawaii*X Constellation S. Car Mar11 Car*Emerald Pr Nov-Dec11 S Car*X Silhouette Jan12 E Car*X Century Mar/Apr 12Hawaii*Caribbean Pr Apr12 East TA*Caribbean Pr May12 British Isles*X Eclipse Dec12 S Car*Voyager of the Seas Feb/Mar13 Oz/NZ*X Century Nov/Dec13 Hawaii*Ruby Pr Feb14 W Car*X Century Feb14 E Car*Serenade of the Seas Apr/May14 East TA*

Last edited by robtulipe; December 24th, 2011 at 04:48 PM.