Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > P&O Cruises ( UK )

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

P&O Cruises ( UK ) - Company Profile & Ship Reviews

Old December 11th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default P&O Cancelled Cruises.

It would be very interesting to know the extent to which P&O are cancelling cruises at the moment. I personally have had 2 cruises cancelled for December due to Oriana's refit not being complete.

Also i have had cruise X301 January 2013 cancelled due to cabins not selling. I'm also hearing of Adonia fly cruises being cancelled.

If you have had a cruise cancelled recently, i would love to hear from you.

Ad Sponsored By
Old December 12th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESSTHE BEST View Post
It would be very interesting to know the extent to which P&O are cancelling cruises at the moment. I personally have had 2 cruises cancelled for December due to Oriana's refit not being complete.

Also i have had cruise X301 January 2013 cancelled due to cabins not selling. I'm also hearing of Adonia fly cruises being cancelled.

If you have had a cruise cancelled recently, i would love to hear from you.
X301 has been replaced by X301N - 24 night Caribbean plus six other new cruises just announced.
http://www.pocruises.com/find-and-bo...e-new-cruises/
Brian

Old December 13th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

OMG Brian you're good !!!! x

OV1 - Caribbean - Dec 2003, Island Escape - Med - July 2004, OV1 - Caribbean - Mar 2005, P&O Oceana - Europe - Oct 2005, P&O Arcadia - Panama Canal - 16-31 Dec 2005, MS Royal Star - Indian Ocean - May 2006, Louis Calypso - Europe - July 2006, Easycruiseone - French Riviera - Aug 2006, P&O Aurora - Europe - Sep 2006, OV1 - Caribbean - Dec 2006, RCCI Voyager of the Seas - Med - May 2007, P&O Arcadia - Party Weekend - Aug 2007, Easycruiseone - Greek Isles - Aug 2007, OV1 - Western Caribbean - Dec 2007, Carnival Splendor - Inaugural cruise - July 2008, Norwegian Jewel - Mini-cruise - 9-11 Aug 2008, Easycruiseone - Greek Isles - Aug 2008, P&O Ventura - Caribbean - 15-29 Jan 2010,
RCCI Independence of the Seas - Mini-Cruise - 2nd-5th June 2010, P&O Arcadia - Mini-Cruise - 17th-20th Sept 2010

Old December 14th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

Adonia D201 has just been cancelled (3rd Jan) due to essential repairs.

Old December 15th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time_waster View Post
Adonia D201 has just been cancelled (3rd Jan) due to essential repairs.
Think that cruise was in their mega sale around Sept time. Cabins were really cheap. A lot of passengers will be disappointed. Wonder if the repairs will be completed before the world cruise?

Old December 15th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Think that cruise was in their mega sale around Sept time. Cabins were really cheap. A lot of passengers will be disappointed. Wonder if the repairs will be completed before the world cruise?
the cruise was hardly sold out on the P&O website so they have probably tried to keep the number of passengers disrupted to a minimum.. I believe thats why they are sailing her back to the UK and dry-docking her straight away, at the moment the ship will be ready for the south american cruise

Old December 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default P&O have lost my custom for good.

No phone call, no email, no letter, found out its cancelled D201 on this web site. Appalling. Bolsover Cruises have only just been told by P&O too. Refund on way back to credit card, and we are going on Cunard instead on 5 January. P&O have lost my custom. Don't care how badly the ship needs maintenance, the customer service surrounding this debacle is atrocious. Wont ever think of cruising with them in the future, let alone actually book another one.

As to essential maintenance, Im not so sure. The Thomson flight scheduled by P&O was cancelled weeks ago. I think this is because they couldn't run the flight and cruise at the ridiculously cheap price we paid - £600 all in for a balcony cabin including flights.
QM2 Norway June 2007, QM2 Western Med June 2008, QM2 North American Adventure July 2009, QV Canaries May 2010, QV Round Great Britain July 2010, QV Canaries April 2011, QV Adriatic Discovery August 2011, QE Canaries November 2011, QE New Year Getaway January 2012, QV Baltics May 2012, Viking Sun Rhine Discovery July 2012, Celebrity Constellation Wine Cruise September 2012, Viking Njord Romantic Danube June 2013

Still to come:

P&O Azura May 2014
Celebrity Eclipse Med September 2014

Old December 15th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

The flight to Manchester from Naples is still running Phoebecat ,that is what we are now coming home on.

I do think it unlikely that one TA found out yesterday and another only today. Most of the people on the P&O roll call found out yesterday too. But maybe I am biased as I have had past problems with the TA you used.

Last edited by jo-b; December 15th, 2011 at 04:49 PM.

Old December 15th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo-b View Post
The flight to Manchester from Naples is still running Phoebecat ,that is what we are now coming home on.

I do think it unlikely that one TA found out yesterday and another only today. Most of the people on the P&O roll call found out yesterday too. But maybe I am biased as I have had past problems with the TA you used.
I have heard of many people that have had difficulties with that travel agency, but thats just what i have heard...

The ship is going to falmouth straight from naples and is being dry-docked, so obviously there are some pretty major issues.. as i said in another post, its better they do it before the ship goes over to south america etc.. otherwise something could happen and the ship be stuck over there...

X

Old December 16th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I have heard of many people that have had difficulties with that travel agency, but thats just what i have heard...

The ship is going to falmouth straight from naples and is being dry-docked, so obviously there are some pretty major issues.. as i said in another post, its better they do it before the ship goes over to south america etc.. otherwise something could happen and the ship be stuck over there...

X
I cruised on this ship along the Amazon a couple of years ago when it was the Royal Princess. It's had a hard life and Princess got rid of it because it no longer reached their standards. It's just like a second hand car, as time goes by it needs more maintenance and money spending on it.

Old December 16th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I cruised on this ship along the Amazon a couple of years ago when it was the Royal Princess. It's had a hard life and Princess got rid of it because it no longer reached their standards. It's just like a second hand car, as time goes by it needs more maintenance and money spending on it.
But they still kept two identical ships but a little older, Pacific Princess and Ocean Princess
Brian

Old December 16th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I definitely would not say that they got rid of it because it didn't reach their standards anymore, having been on this ship 3 times already this year and going back on for Christmas I think the ship is of a very high standard!! So not really sure where you got that info, also if you look at the timeline, princess had to move the ship or at least rename it as the new royal was already in planning etc..
And the ship isn't that old either, something like 10/11 I believe and the problem it is having is because it was bashed about within the princess fleet.

Just in my opinion.

Old December 16th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianI View Post
But they still kept two identical ships but a little older, Pacific Princess and Ocean Princess
Brian
That's because Princess engineers are far superior to P&O's and knew how to look after them.

They also took in the the old Adonia when P&O's inferior engineers could no longer maintain it, they kept it running as Sea Princess for another 8 years or so.

Old December 16th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Quote:
I definitely would not say that they got rid of it because it didn't reach their standards anymore, having been on this ship 3 times already this year and going back on for Christmas I think the ship is of a very high standard!! So not really sure where you got that info, also if you look at the timeline, princess had to move the ship or at least rename it as the new royal was already in planning etc..
And the ship isn't that old either, something like 10/11 I believe and the problem it is having is because it was bashed about within the princess fleet.

Just in my opinion.
Just looked at the itinerary for the Christmas cruise. There are some great ports being visited. Have a great time and give us a full report on your return.

Old December 16th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Cruise Critic Host & UK Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset Cruiser View Post
That's because Princess engineers are far superior to P&O's and knew how to look after them.

They also took in the the old Adonia when P&O's inferior engineers could no longer maintain it, they kept it running as Sea Princess for another 8 years or so.
All crew - engineers etc rotate throughout the three (Cunard, Princess, P&O) fleets.

Cruise Photos: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sharonp40 & http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharonsshiptravels/
Blog: http://sharonp-shipsinmylife.blogspot.com/

Ships sailed on:
Vistafjord, Caronia, QE2, Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth Maiden Voyage, Aurora, Arcadia, Oriana, Oceana, Artemis, Ventura, Balmoral, Adonia, Discovery, Royal Princess (2013 ship), Nautica
Also Rhine and Dutch river cruises

Ships visited:
Independence of the Seas, Azura, Artania, Prinsendam, Maasdam, Crystal Symphony, Saga Sapphire, Saga Pearl II

To come:
Adonia - Iberia and N Africa 2014
Zaandam - South America & Antarctica 2015
Queen Victoria 175 voyage May 2015
Oriana - central Med Sept 2015

>

Old December 16th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

X
So, as of 15.39 today, still NOTHING from P&O by letter, phone or email to inform me that our cruise is cancelled. Bolsover have been in touch three times yesterday and twice today, with further updates and have booked us on another cruise with Cunard. Cannot fault them.

Rang P&O myself ten mins ago. No apology, no explanation, just 'You will get your money refunded in approximately 10-14 days, but with Christmas and New Year, dont expect to see it until late in January' and 'We will read your letter regarding other expenses you've incurred and judge it on its merits' No apology, no explanation ....

Beggars belief.
QM2 Norway June 2007, QM2 Western Med June 2008, QM2 North American Adventure July 2009, QV Canaries May 2010, QV Round Great Britain July 2010, QV Canaries April 2011, QV Adriatic Discovery August 2011, QE Canaries November 2011, QE New Year Getaway January 2012, QV Baltics May 2012, Viking Sun Rhine Discovery July 2012, Celebrity Constellation Wine Cruise September 2012, Viking Njord Romantic Danube June 2013

Still to come:

P&O Azura May 2014
Celebrity Eclipse Med September 2014

Old December 16th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset Cruiser View Post

What utter garbage

Dai
Aurora R525 Arcadia J625
Oceana E721 Oriana X718
Arcadia J813 Oriana X820
Ventura N902 Aurora R913
Arcadia J004 Oceana E021
Ventura N110 Azura A121
Aurora R119 Ventura N210
Arcadia J217 Oriana X302
Oriana X312 Aurora R315
Oceana E402 Azura A409
Azura A410

To Come

Oceana 14
Oceana 14
Britannia 15
Britannia 15
Ventura 16

Gan Canny

Dai

Old December 16th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebecat View Post
So, as of 15.39 today, still NOTHING from P&O by letter, phone or email to inform me that our cruise is cancelled. Bolsover have been in touch three times yesterday and twice today, with further updates and have booked us on another cruise with Cunard. Cannot fault them.

Rang P&O myself ten mins ago. No apology, no explanation, just 'You will get your money refunded in approximately 10-14 days, but with Christmas and New Year, dont expect to see it until late in January' and 'We will read your letter regarding other expenses you've incurred and judge it on its merits' No apology, no explanation ....

Beggars belief.

So as a Cunard regular you thought you were going to have a cheapy on P&O. And now you are complaining. You do know the two companies are run from the same office and possibly the same people!!

I would not go with Cunard cos you never know.

Dai
Aurora R525 Arcadia J625
Oceana E721 Oriana X718
Arcadia J813 Oriana X820
Ventura N902 Aurora R913
Arcadia J004 Oceana E021
Ventura N110 Azura A121
Aurora R119 Ventura N210
Arcadia J217 Oriana X302
Oriana X312 Aurora R315
Oceana E402 Azura A409
Azura A410

To Come

Oceana 14
Oceana 14
Britannia 15
Britannia 15
Ventura 16

Gan Canny

Dai

Old December 16th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiB View Post
What utter garbage

Dai
I know Dai twas TIC. I didn't expect that to go over your head!

Sharon, I know

Old December 16th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebecat View Post

Beggars belief.
Sorry Phoebecat I can't understand why you expected to hear from P&O when they have been in contact with your agent? Is that not the whole point of having an agent?

We have heard nothing from them directly but have an agreement via our TA as to what refund/ compensation we will get and what expenses incurred they will reimburse.

I assume they allowed use of your compensation payment against your Cunard cruise and didn't make you use it on P&O?