Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old September 30th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Emerald Princess E733, D736 & D737

Please indulge me here. I have researched this into carpal tunnel. Yes, I have called (x2) Princess. Here we go.

Of these staterooms, which has the biggest balcony? If E733, is Club Fusion an issue?

Which are covered/uncoverd? If covered, how much?

Do these staterooms have one or two sliding doors to the balcony? Video on Princess' website looks like two, but rep said it is one.

There are beams on each of these cabin balconies, correct? What about vents? Rep didn't know what a "vent" was.

Thank you all, in advance. This is not a small expense and I'd like to get it right or close to it.

Old October 1st, 2011, 08:15 AM
5,000+ Club

Here is a shot of the Emerald Princess stern I cropped from a larger shot I took that shows the Emerald and Dolphin deck balconies. The Dolphin deck VS balconies are both the same size and are larger than the Emerald deck VS balconies. All are completely covered. You can see where the post or support beam is. These VS suites have two patio doors. I don't know whether there is a vent above any of these balconies.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08121a.jpg (18.4 KB, 347 views)

Pass Cruises
Festival's Bolero Dec98 E Car*Blackbeard's Pirate Lady Jan99 Bahamas*Sun's Carousel (Nordic Prince)Feb99 S.Car*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Sept99-W Med*Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Jan00 PC* Sea Pr June00-Alaska* Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Feb01 W Car* Grand PrFeb02 W.Car* Empress of the Seas July 02 Bermuda*Star Pr Feb03 Mex Riv* Enchantment of the Seas Mar03 E.Carib*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)June03 W Med*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Jan04-S Car* Voyager of the Seas June 04 Canada* Sun's Sunbird (Song of America) Aug 04 W Med*Maasdam Mar05 S.Car* Costa's Mediterranea Apr06 E Car* Regal Princess Nov 06 PC* Serenade of the Seas Feb.07-S Car*Adventure of the Seas Mar07 S Car*Radiance of the Seas Sept07 Alaska &West Coast* Legend of the Seas Nov07- E Med*Radiance of the Seas May08Hawaii* X Century Dec08 West TA*Radiance of the Seas Apr-May09 Chile to San Diego*X Mercury Nov09 E.Caribbean*Radiance of the Seas Feb10 Mex. Riv*Grand Princess Apr10 East TA*X Summit Nov10 S. Car*X Summit Dec10 S Car*Golden Pr Feb11 Hawaii*X Constellation S. Car Mar11 Car*Emerald Pr Nov-Dec11 S Car*X Silhouette Jan12 E Car*X Century Mar/Apr 12Hawaii*Caribbean Pr Apr12 East TA*Caribbean Pr May12 British Isles*X Eclipse Dec12 S Car*Voyager of the Seas Feb/Mar13 Oz/NZ*X Century Nov/Dec13 Hawaii*Ruby Pr Feb14 W Car*X Century Feb14 E Car*Serenade of the Seas Apr/May14 East TA*

Last edited by robtulipe; October 1st, 2011 at 08:32 AM.

Old October 1st, 2011, 08:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Hi Suzy

The balcony is larger on D736 and D737 than on E deck. I haven't stayed on E deck so cannot help with the possible noise issue.

I have, however, stayed in D736 and D737 many times on different ships (Emerald, Crown, Caribbean etc) and I'm sure you will love the balcony. No vent, beam to one side so no problem, two loungers, two recliners, 2 small tables/footstools and regular table with four chairs. We love it and I'm sure you will too.

Please ask if you need any further information.

Glenda

Future cruise:
Oceania Riviera - May 2013

Old October 1st, 2011, 08:35 AM
5,000+ Club

Here is a shop of the stern of Emerald sister ship, the Crown Princess, I had in my cruiseship photo file that was found on the internet.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CrownPrStern.jpg (17.5 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by robtulipe; October 1st, 2011 at 08:45 AM.

Old October 1st, 2011, 08:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Two sliding doors

We've been in both D737 and D736. We booked E733 but changed to D736 when it came avaiable. Loved both suites on Dolphin deck. I was a little worried about noise on Emerald deck so that is why we changed.

There are two sliding doors, one from the living area and the other by the bed. You can go out to the balcony from both.

There is no vent and the so called beam is no problem. It comes in handy sometimes for some shade from the sun. Yes, the balcony is fully covered, but sometimes the afternoon sun will shine in on the balcony.

We really enjoy these suites since we love to sit out and watch the wake. We were asked after our first suite if we would book another. Obviously our answer was yes. The person asking had been upgraded to a suite and loved it, but wasn't interested if he had to pay for it. For us it was worth it and we'll do it again.

Enjoy your suite!!!

Old October 1st, 2011, 09:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

I have stayed in E731 and there was no noise at all from Club Fusion

Last edited by juakkers; October 1st, 2011 at 09:09 AM.

Old October 1st, 2011, 11:02 AM
Cool Cruiser

Super, super, super. Thank you everyone for the pics and personal experiences. We've made our decision. Only fear now is--can I go back to a mini suite after this?!

Old October 1st, 2011, 11:06 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretenda View Post
two loungers, two recliners, 2 small tables/footstools and regular table with four chairs.

Two recliners??? We have only had the two loungers, table and four chairs and small table