Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Closed Thread

Old July 28th, 2011, 03:13 PM
5,000+ Club

Thanks Andy. That's what an agent told me the last time I called.

Old July 28th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Andy, great job as usual. The info is very helpful. I am using Choice Air for my upcoming Azamara cruise.

I will also be using them on my Silhouette TA in Dec 2012. Their one way fares are very good.

Dave

Last edited by celebritydave; July 28th, 2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Old July 28th, 2011, 06:44 PM
5,000+ Club

This would make a great sticky. Thank you for correcting all of the misinformation that is out there.

X Constellation, Feb 2014, Carib, NavOTS TA, April 14, 2012, Nav OTS W. Carib. April 8, 2012, X Constellation Sept 7, 2011 AMS to IST, RCI Jewel OTS May 6, 2011 TA, X Equinox Oct 31, 2010 TA, X Summit May 2010 Bermuda, X Infinity Panama Canal Sept. 25, 2009, Carnival Glory Jan. 2009 W. Carib., X Summit Feb. 2007 Panama Canal, Carib. Princess B2B E & W Carib Sept. 2006, Diamond Princess Alaska Aug. 2004, X Galaxy Feb 2004 S. Carib, Golden Princess Nov. 2003 E. Carib, Regent Voyager June 2003 Baltic, X Infinity Alaska Aug. 2001, X Galaxy Nov 2001 S. Carib, RCI Legend of the Seas Med, June 2000, X Horizon Sept. 1999 Bermuda, X Galaxy S Carib. April 1999

Old July 29th, 2011, 03:15 PM
5,000+ Club

Got our flights for next spring today!

X Constellation, Feb 2014, Carib, NavOTS TA, April 14, 2012, Nav OTS W. Carib. April 8, 2012, X Constellation Sept 7, 2011 AMS to IST, RCI Jewel OTS May 6, 2011 TA, X Equinox Oct 31, 2010 TA, X Summit May 2010 Bermuda, X Infinity Panama Canal Sept. 25, 2009, Carnival Glory Jan. 2009 W. Carib., X Summit Feb. 2007 Panama Canal, Carib. Princess B2B E & W Carib Sept. 2006, Diamond Princess Alaska Aug. 2004, X Galaxy Feb 2004 S. Carib, Golden Princess Nov. 2003 E. Carib, Regent Voyager June 2003 Baltic, X Infinity Alaska Aug. 2001, X Galaxy Nov 2001 S. Carib, RCI Legend of the Seas Med, June 2000, X Horizon Sept. 1999 Bermuda, X Galaxy S Carib. April 1999

Old July 29th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Choice Air is GREAT! The airline we are using to fly to Barcelona for the TA in November wanted $2200 for a one way flight from Atlanta to Barcelona and $990 for a round trip.

We were able to get the exact same one-way flight we wanted, on that same airline, by purchasing it through Choice Air for only $540!

Thanks for all the great info Andy!

Old July 29th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi I need help,
Are there any time restriction to fly to destination with Choiceair from the embarkation day?
Two weeks or just one day before embarkation?
I would like to spend 2 weeks in Europe before taking the westbound TA.

Celebrity Reflection (TA)4/26/2014[/color]..........Celebrity Eclipse (Baltic Sea)8/16/2014........Celebrity Eclipse(TA)4/21/2015.........Celebrity Silhouette(TA)10/31/2015

Life is too short guys...live your dreams......go out and do it....

Old July 29th, 2011, 05:44 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailkeylargo View Post
Hi I need help,
Are there any time restriction to fly to destination with Choiceair from the embarkation day?

Shouldn't be a problem.
You put your sailing date in when you are signing in and change the date when you are booking your flights.

Old July 29th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzcruisers View Post
Shouldn't be a problem.
You put your sailing date in when you are signing in and change the date when you are booking your flights.
Thanks a lot.
You mean they set up the flight for a day before embarkation and change that to 2 weeks from embarkation?

Celebrity Reflection (TA)4/26/2014[/color]..........Celebrity Eclipse (Baltic Sea)8/16/2014........Celebrity Eclipse(TA)4/21/2015.........Celebrity Silhouette(TA)10/31/2015

Old July 29th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks a lot.
You mean they set up the flight for a day before embarkation and change that to 2 weeks from embarkation?
That seems to be the way it works. Follow dzcruisers' suggestion. I've never tried two weeks, but I have done 3-4 days in advance. I would imagine that two weeks would work for you. There is no harm in trying.

Old July 30th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCAcruiser View Post
That seems to be the way it works. Follow dzcruisers' suggestion. I've never tried two weeks, but I have done 3-4 days in advance. I would imagine that two weeks would work for you. There is no harm in trying.
Thank you all

Old July 30th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Cruise Critic Host & 10,000+ Club

Quote:
Hi I need help,
Hi Everyone !

Here is Troy's response :

Flights to arrive days or weeks prior to the sailing date? Sure, you can book as far ahead of the cruise or as long after the cruise as you like. ChoiceAir makes booking less complicated by ensuring flights meet the minimum parameters to ensure on time arrival to the ship on the day of embarkation, and return flights that allow time for disembarkation, immigration, and retrieval of your bags prior to flying home.

Last edited by Host Andy; July 30th, 2011 at 09:24 PM.

Old July 31st, 2011, 07:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Hi I need help,
We wanted to do exactly that for our November TA from Barcelona. We spoke to Choiceair and they gave us an excellent price Toronto to Barcelona via Heathrow two weeks before our cruise. We had to confirm dates with relatives in UK so said we would call back. When we called back later the same day, we were told that if we wanted to have a stopover in UK, it had to be treated as two separate flights, so the cost was higher. We ended up booking with AirTransat because we could fly into Manchester, which gave us less driving, for the same price. The Choiceair flight was with BA, and was about a third of the rate quoted by that airline for a one way flight (although BA would have let us stay in UK for the two weeks then continue our journey to Barcelona).
Sheila

Old July 31st, 2011, 07:53 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Host Andy View Post
Hi Everyone !

Here is Troy's response :

Flights to arrive days or weeks prior to the sailing date? Sure, you can book as far ahead of the cruise or as long after the cruise as you like. ChoiceAir makes booking less complicated by ensuring flights meet the minimum parameters to ensure on time arrival to the ship on the day of embarkation, and return flights that allow time for disembarkation, immigration, and retrieval of your bags prior to flying home.
Andy,
Thank you for the helpful information.

Old July 31st, 2011, 07:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

This thread is changing a lot of misconceptions I had about ChoiceAir. I have a southbound Alaska cruise booked for next year and will absolutely look into this.

Can airline miles be used to upgrade to business class?
Carnival Triumph -- Canada -- August, 2009
RCL Explorer of the Seas -- Caribbean -- February, 2009
RCL Explorer of the Seas -- Bermuda -- August, 2008
Celebrity Millennium -- Caribbean -- February, 2008
Princess Grand Princess -- British Isles -- July, 2007
Celebrity Millennium -- Mediterranean -- August, 2006

Old July 31st, 2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Andy,
Thank you for the helpful information.
My pleasure Sailkeylargo. I hope we were of assistance.

Old July 31st, 2011, 02:25 PM
5,000+ Club

We are doing the Equinox TA next spring and we weren't sure if we wanted to stay in Rome or take the next Eastern Med cruise on the Equinox. We booked flights so that we had the option of taking the next cruise. No problem at all....and the one way flight home is about $600 vs the $2500+ that American wants for a one-way ticket on the same flights.

Old July 31st, 2011, 06:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

We used Choice Air for our last cruise and save hundreds of $$ just flying Toronto - Ft. Lauderdale. (We sailed March break so the prices were nuts.) We got to choose what we wanted, airline we wanted, and when we wanted. No problems whatsoever. I would never hesitate to book Choice again. Our next cruise, we're using airline points, but for the one that we have booked after, we're sailing Celebrity, and we'll be using Choice Air again.

Certainly never hurts to price it out ahead and then check Choice to see if there's a difference. I know for sure that if it's a long haul flight Choice is a lot cheaper. Now I guess that means I need to find another cruise......

Old August 1st, 2011, 12:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Andy, thank you so much for starting this informative thread and to all of you who have weighed in with your thoughts and additional questions.

I plan on using Choice Air for our flight to BCN for the TA. Question for Andy or anyone else.. seating, are you able to confirm your seats at the time of purchase? If not, have you gone direct to the airline to select your seating and were you successful at obtaining seat assignments?

TIA

Coming up:

Past Cruises:

Celebrity Reflection ~ Nov/Dec 2013
Celebrity Solstice ~ Feb/Mar 2011
Celebrity Solstice ~ May 2010
RCCL Mariner of the Seas ~ September 2008
RCCL Liberty of the Seas ~ September 2007
RCCL Adventure of the Seas ~ October 2002

Old August 1st, 2011, 01:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp223 View Post
Andy, thank you so much for starting this informative thread and to all of you who have weighed in with your thoughts and additional questions.

I plan on using Choice Air for our flight to BCN for the TA. Question for Andy or anyone else.. seating, are you able to confirm your seats at the time of purchase? If not, have you gone direct to the airline to select your seating and were you successful at obtaining seat assignments?

TIA
We recently purchased a one way flight to BCN for our TA in November. We purchased the tickets through ChoiceAir (at a terrific savings) then booked our seats directly through the Continental website with our confirmation number. It was easy and we were able to choose the exact seats we wanted for each leg of the flight.

Old August 1st, 2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp223 View Post

TIA
Hi Dawn !

Glad you are enjoying the ChoiceAir thread. Here is Troy's response :

Dawn, the seat assignment module has had some technical limitations for certain carriers, and is scheduled for re-launch by the end of this month. In the interim, you can certainly log on to the carriers' websites and assign seats, update frequent traveller information, etc. Thanks for asking.

Last edited by Host Andy; August 1st, 2011 at 04:24 PM.

Closed Thread