Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines
- Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals
- Write a Carnival Review
- Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call
See posts about:
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Elation
Carnival Glory
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Splendor

Carnival Conquest
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Magic
Carnival Pride
Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Dream
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Valor

Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Legend
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Victory

Old July 12th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Negative Feedback Survey/Form

I filled out a survey/feedback form on my last cruise on the Freedom on June 25th. I did put down negative comments. I was wondering if anyone else ever filled out these forms and if so, did you receive a reply?

Old July 12th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

nope. no reply.

*Carnival Splendor October 16-24, 2014 Eastern Caribbean. Nassau, Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay

*Carnival Victory April 29-May 6, 2012 Southern Caribbean
San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St.Kitts, St. Lucia & St. Maarten
http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...029%20May%206/
Review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1630236

*Carnival Valor Oct 24-31, 2010 WesternCaribbean
Grand Cayman, Isle Roatan, Belize(cxl'd) Costa Maya instead & Cozumel
http://s260.photobucket.com/user/jks...r%20Oct%202010

*Carnival Triumph June 15, 2009 Canada
St. John & Halifax
pictures of our cruise
http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/i...2009%20Cruise/

To see pics of rooms go to cruiselinerooms com. add yours and see others that has been added

Old July 12th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

I have from other cruise lines in the form of phone follow-up surveys.

Old July 12th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

We dont even get a form so no comments good bad or indifferent.

Old July 12th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

I've never seen a reply for any of these either, though mine have all been positive comments.

Just out of curiosity, since I'll be on the Freedom in a few months, what happened that was negative if you don't mind my asking?
Sailed - Carnival Holiday - 07/13/2009
Sailed - Disney Wonder - 05/22/2008

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 12th, 2011, 03:18 PM
5,000+ Club

I've never gotten any follow up good or bad....

Old July 12th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default my complaints were.........

1. when i reserved my trip i was waitlisted for early dining - i told the reservationist that i really wanted early and she said "oh, it's just the two of you - you won't have any problem switching.

2. when i got on board i saw the captain of the lido deck and asked him the same thing. he said the head matre'de would be on call at 1pm to change or make reservations and i should speak with him. again, i was assured "oh, it's just you two - you won't have any problem switching."

WRONG -

i went in line at 12:30p and was the 2nd person in line. i asked the matre'd and he said 'sorry, all booked up. if i can do anything there will be a notification by noon tomorrow" the next day i received a card - 'sorry, no room'

we ate at 8:15pm for 2 nights and went directly to bed. the third day i went to the guest services and literally begged them to please change my dining time and told them we were having no fun at all because we ate too late and went directly to sleep. the guy at guest services looked at me like i had 3 heads and told me he'd email the matre' d....again the next day it was - 'sorry, no room'. to top it off we were put at a table for 10 and there were myself, husband and another couple. weird.....i did finally get them to give my husband and myself a private table for two.

3. when i was on a carnival cruise in april with my sister she bought diamond hoop earrings. well she lost one and asked that i get her another pair since carnival ships all carry the same jewelry. she paid $186 for them. when i went to the jewelry store the earrings were there. i had a copy of her receipt and they would not honor their same price. i eventually bought them for her at almost $100 extra. but there is a sign in the store that they will match any competitor's price for the same item BUT i guess they don't match their own prices.

4. we did luggage express which is you pay $20 per guest and they will print your boarding passes and take your luggage during the night. when you fly into your home airport your bags are waiting - GREAT!!! NOT!!! when we got to the airport at 10pm 2 out of 3 bags did not make it. it took 6 days to get the 2 missing bags which i had to call 6 different people on 3 different days to find them....i called carnival this week to request a $20 credit since my bags didn't make it home as promised and they said "not their fault" so they wouldn't credit me. i went on carnival in april with my sister and again june 25th with my husband - so i've spent over $5000 in less than 3 months and they wouldn't satisfy me with a small $20 credit. i even told the lady that my sister wanted to book again for november because we were going to concentrate on getting 10 sailings under our belts so we could become VIP but now we are moving to royal caribbean.

truthfully, royal caribbean is much better with entertainment, food and the ships are beautiful BUT carnival is cheaper. i realized that i wouldn't get the same service as royal but the service i received was even far less. i will probably go back on because of the price because really i only go for the sun and the heat. i can bypass the quality of food (within reason) and the shows i saw weren't as high of quality as the royal caribbean. we'll see how i feel in a few months when i'm ready to book again.

btw, generally i accept alot and don't let alot bother me but i remember years ago going on cruises and them bending over backwards to please. it is not that way anymore.

Old July 12th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

I have never received a reply

Old July 12th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

sorry, but your complaints weren't Carnival's fault:

you booked too late to get the seating you wanted. Too bad. Next time book earlier.

as for the earrings, you said it yourself...they'll match COMPETITORS price. Again, they did nothing wrong.

how can you prove Carnival lost your luggage? All they are responsible for is getting it to the airport. From there, it's on the Airlines. What did the airline folks say happened to your luggage?

Carnival Liberty - July 2007
Carnival Glory - April/May 2008
RCI Monarch of the Seas - August 2009
Carnival Legend - October 2010
Carnival Miracle - October 2011
Carnival Ecstasy - April 2012
Carnival Legend - October 2012

Last edited by BeccaBecca1713; July 12th, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

Old July 12th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Location: Currently Santa Clara, CA. Previously NJ, DC, MD, & AZ.

I don't understand why people think they should be able to get whatever dining option suits them. Of course there is going to be some people at their 2nd or 3rd choice. Carnival fills their ships up. Not everyone can have what they want.

If dining on your schedule is so important to you, why not sail NCL where everyone is any time dining? Or just book further in advance.

Also when you put your luggage in anyone's hands but your own, you accept a risk that it won't get to your destination or may get there late. Be happy you got the luggage back! We always have a back up plan for "if the checked luggage doesn't make it!"

Old July 12th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

if you would have booked earlier you could have had early seating or ytd. those are generally the more popular options. plus carnival states "your dining preference is not guarenteed" plus you could have ate out on the lido deck earlier, same food just not the dining experience.

how can you prove carnival lost your luggage and not the airline itself? hmmm.

you thought the entertainment on rcl was better? are you kidding? they had no comedians, the shows started WAY to late, if you wanted to see the parade on the freedom of the seas and you had early dining you were screwed. the ships hallways smelled of sewer on deck 6. their shows..if i wanted to suffer through disney shows i would have sailed on disney. service in the mdr was awful and the food was cold and tough. with everybody saying how great RCL is...honestly..i was disappointed with RCL...but thats just my opinion

Old July 12th, 2011, 03:51 PM
5,000+ Club

It is not reasonable to expect them top be able to accommodate everyone's dining preferences. WHat if 75% of those sailing want early dining? Cannot happen. What if the majority want a table for two? Nope, no can do.
Nordic Prince (7 night Bermuda)-1990
Norwegian Sea (7 night Western Caribbean)-2004
Celebration (5 night Bahamas)-2005
Norwegian Majesty (7 night Western Caribbean)-2006
Mariner of The Seas (7 night Eastern Caribbean)- Sep. 2007
Norwegian Star (8 night Mexican Riviera)-April 2008
Carnival Glory (7 night Western Caribbean)-November 2008
Celebrity Constellation (11 night Eastern/Southern Caribbean)- April 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 night Alaska)- August 2009
Celebrity Mercury (11 night Eastern Caribbean)-March 2010
Celebrity Constellation (14 night Southern Caribbean)-March 2011
Celebrity Silhouette (12 night Eastern/Southern Caribbean)-March 2012
Freedom of The Seas (14 Night Back-To-Back Western/Eastern Caribbean)-April 2013

Carnival Fantasy (7 Night Eastern Caribbean)-August 2014
Celebrity Silhouette (7 Night Western Caribbean)-March 2015

Old July 12th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzen55 View Post
I filled out a survey/feedback form on my last cruise on the Freedom on June 25th. I did put down negative comments. I was wondering if anyone else ever filled out these forms and if so, did you receive a reply?
I filled one out after our mid-April cruise on the Conquest. We had a great time, but I did comment about a couple of the rooms that were just too smokey for us to enjoy (like the piano bar). I never heard back, but a month or two later Carnival changed their smoking policy. Hmmm, I wonder if I'm to blame.
Tim

Old July 12th, 2011, 04:09 PM
50,000+ Club

OP Im with you. If I paid Carnival to transport my luggage express to the airport, I would think they are responsible, not some one else.

Old July 12th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

here is a snippet from Carnival's FAQ page re: Luggage Express:

The luggage will be transferred from the ship to the corresponding airline and flight. Guests must claim their bags upon flight arrival at their final destination. If there are any delays or problems with their luggage, guests need to contact the airline directly to report any problems.

Carnival Liberty - July 2007
Carnival Glory - April/May 2008
RCI Monarch of the Seas - August 2009
Carnival Legend - October 2010
Carnival Miracle - October 2011
Carnival Ecstasy - April 2012
Carnival Legend - October 2012

Old July 12th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzen55 View Post
i went in line at 12:30p and was the 2nd person in line. i asked the matre'd and he said 'sorry, all booked up. if i can do anything there will be a notification by noon tomorrow" the next day i received a card - 'sorry, no room'

we ate at 8:15pm for 2 nights and went directly to bed. the third day i went to the guest services and literally begged them to please change my dining time and told them we were having no fun at all because we ate too late and went directly to sleep.
This happened to us a few years ago. We were waitlisted for early dining. Got late dining. Went to Maitre d' and tried to get changed to early dining. He said he would try, but chances were slim as most people preferred early over late. When we found out that we didn't get it changed, we just ate upstairs. They have most of the same food in the buffet as the dining room.

Old July 12th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly333 View Post
OP Im with you. If I paid Carnival to transport my luggage express to the airport, I would think they are responsible, not some one else.

Totally logical....

I took a cab to the trainstation. I paid him extra to get me there on time. The train was 20 minutes late so I missed an appointment. Damn cab driver!

sheesh!

Holland America Statendam July 79 - Bermuda
US Cruise Lines Patriot July 01 - Hawaii
Carnival Triumph August 02 - Eastern Canada
Carnival Liberty July06 - Mediterranean
Celebrity Zenith July 07 => Azamara Journey 07 - Bermuda
Holland America Eurodam September 08 - Nowhere - Maiden US voyage
Cunard Queen Mary 2 - July 2009 - Eastern Canada/Boston
Carnival Dream April 2011 - Western Caribbean
Carnival Glory - July 2011 - Eastern Canada
Seabourn Soujourn - July 2013 - Baltic and St Petersburg
Uniworld River Ambassador- September 2014 - Vienna to Prague
HAL Oosterdam - July 2015 - Alaska Cruise Tour (2 days in Denali) -

Old July 12th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

I filled out an online one that was e-mailed to me. I had some positive and negative feedback. There is ALWAYS room for some constructive criticism (ie negative) unless one is a total fanatic.

Never heard back from them. Didn't really expect them too. I hope the people I praised got their recognition and the ones who I condemned were tossed off the ship during the night. (waiters in the MDR cussing up a storm calling women passengers vulgar names out loud, I work with Jamaicans so I know what they were saying.)

You dont call passengers tampons (bloodcloth). Its just not polite.

Last edited by Rottweiler Puppy; July 12th, 2011 at 10:52 PM.

Old July 12th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Used to have review forms to fill out on the ship they would ask/beg/tell you to rate everything highest rating....Cruise director would tell you to do this

Now they (apparently) only send out a form to some people or to one person in a cabin or?? I don't know...I have not had the email form

I am curious....where or how did you get a "customer survey" form to fill out??

Thanks

Emerald Seas, Dolphin, Majesty Cruise Line, Sea Escape 6x Discovery 8x : (all out of biz)
Star Princess 1x, Grand Princess 1x
Imagination 4x, Destiny(ugh) 2x, Glory 3x, Valor 2x, Liberty 1x, Spirit to Alaska 1x, Freedom 1x Conquest 1x
NCL Sky 2x, NCL Pearl 1x,RCI Navigator of the Seas 1x,
MSC Poesia 3x, MSC Divina 1x

MSC Divina US Inagural with Fireworks Review

Old July 13th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Carnival using a sampling technique. With 23 ships active and an average of 3000 people per ship per week, they have over 60,000 customers per week. It is not necessary - nor cost effective - to send and collect comment forms from all 60,000 every week. I am sure Carnival has somebody with a statistics degree figuring out how many they need each week to get a valid sampling. Believe it or not, large companies do really care what their customers think of their product.

Holland America Statendam July 79 - Bermuda
US Cruise Lines Patriot July 01 - Hawaii
Carnival Triumph August 02 - Eastern Canada
Carnival Liberty July06 - Mediterranean
Celebrity Zenith July 07 => Azamara Journey 07 - Bermuda
Holland America Eurodam September 08 - Nowhere - Maiden US voyage
Cunard Queen Mary 2 - July 2009 - Eastern Canada/Boston
Carnival Dream April 2011 - Western Caribbean
Carnival Glory - July 2011 - Eastern Canada
Seabourn Soujourn - July 2013 - Baltic and St Petersburg
Uniworld River Ambassador- September 2014 - Vienna to Prague
HAL Oosterdam - July 2015 - Alaska Cruise Tour (2 days in Denali) -