Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old April 14th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Aqua Class exclusive Room Service Menu?

Does anyone have any information about a special room service menu in Aqua Class? I read about this in CC's ship review of the Solstice, but did not see anything on Celebrity's website.

CC's review advises that AQ guests have "access to an exclusive room service menu of salads, whole grains and healthy dining options".

Celebrity Constellation Caribbean Feb 2014 Girlfriends Cruise !
Celebrity Constellation Caribbean Valentines Day Cruise Feb 2013
Celebrity Solstice Eastern Carribean April 2011 (Aqua Class and Blu + the carribean...heaven!)
Celebrity Constellation Baltic Cruise May 2010 (Best cruise ever...we lucked into a Royal Suite!)
Celebrity Infinity Alaska Cruise May 2009 (Our 10 year Anniversary...Alaska's breathtaking scenery with a corner aft FV cabin!)
Celebrity Infinity Alaska Cruise April 2008 (To Celebrate my mother's 60th birthday...she loved it!)
Sun Princess Pacific Coastal Cruise May 2005
Carnival Fascination Cruise to Nowhere May 1994

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 14th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamasocks View Post
Does anyone have any information about a special room service menu in Aqua Class? I read about this in CC's ship review of the Solstice, but did not see anything on Celebrity's website.

CC's review advises that AQ guests have "access to an exclusive room service menu of salads, whole grains and healthy dining options".
I sailed Century in December in concierge and enjoyed the extended room service offerings. When I sailed Eclipse in March in Aqua Class we did not have the expanded room service offerings that we enjoyed on the previous cruise in concierge. I am not just talking about the onscreen ordering on the television, but the actual order form that was provided to us.

My wife had really enjoyed the buckwheat pancakes and the baked bananas. I had enjoyed the french toast and the yogurt parfaits.

I find it odd that Celebrity does not treat each incremental step up as an "all of the above plus..." type of offering. I also think it very odd that someone paying the big money for a suite would not be able to dine in Blu.

Anyway, we decided not to fight it and just never had breakfast on the balcony on our 7 night cruise. The flip side though is that I learned you can get Eggs Benedict in the buffet from the made to order eggs station. That and the waffles are good.

Old April 14th, 2011, 04:03 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust402 View Post
I sailed Century in December in concierge and enjoyed the extended room service offerings. When I sailed Eclipse in March in Aqua Class we did not have the expanded room service offerings that we enjoyed on the previous cruise in concierge. I am not just talking about the onscreen ordering on the television, but the actual order form that was provided to us.

My wife had really enjoyed the buckwheat pancakes and the baked bananas. I had enjoyed the french toast and the yogurt parfaits.

I find it odd that Celebrity does not treat each incremental step up as an "all of the above plus..." type of offering. I also think it very odd that someone paying the big money for a suite would not be able to dine in Blu.

Anyway, we decided not to fight it and just never had breakfast on the balcony on our 7 night cruise. The flip side though is that I learned you can get Eggs Benedict in the buffet from the made to order eggs station. That and the waffles are good.
Aqua Class is entitled to all the Concierge Class perks. Did you inquire about the room service issue? You were entitled to the same menu available to Concierge Class.

Completed Cruises:
RCI Allure of the Seas - September 2, 2012 - Eastern Caribbean (Aft Boardwalk Balcony; 24 Restaurants in 7 Days)!
Celebrity Millennium - May 27, 2012 - Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise with Temecula, San Diego, and Vancouver Land Add On (Sky Suite GTY)
Celebrity Millennium - February 20, 2012 - Western Caribbean (Adult Spring Break: SoBe, Millie & The Penthouse)
Celebrity Silhouette - September 27, 2011 - Holy Land (Concierge Class)
Celebrity Equinox - October 31, 2010 - Mediterranean & Westbound Transatlantic with the Hobgoblins (First Suite)
Celebrity Equinox - December 4, 2009 - Southern Caribbean (Aqua Class "Hump" Stateroom)
RCI Jewel of the Seas - January 9, 2009 - Panama Canal Cruise with the Panamaniacs!
Celebrity Century - April 28, 2008 - Transatlantic: Miami to Amsterdam Honeymoon Cruise with the Centurions!
HAL Noordam - May 13, 2007 - Alaska Inside Passage
RCI Adventure of the Seas - November 26, 2006 - Eastern Caribbean
RCI Grandeur of the Seas - February 11, 2006 - Western Caribbean
RCI Enchantment of the Seas - January 8, 2005 - Western Caribbean

Old April 14th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:

The room service menu for Aqua Class is the same as the Concierge Class

Old April 14th, 2011, 05:11 PM
5,000+ Club

I may as well be the third to say it. We just got off the Solstice and the Aqua Class menu was the same as concierge -- smoothies, etc. The OP's description really sounds more like the Aqua Spa cafe.
Celebrity Eclipse, Southern Caribbean, 2/15/2015
Celebrity Silhouette, Transatlantic, 10/31/2015
Celebrity Reflection, Eastern Caribbean, 1/9/2016
Past Cruises:
Celebrity Equinox, Ultimate Caribbean, 1/31/2014
Celebrity Equinox, Transatlantic, 11/25/2013
Celebrity Equinox, Ultimate Caribbean, 2/1/2013
Celebrity Infinity, Panama Canal, 11/22/2012
Celebrity Solstice, Western Caribbean, 3/4/2012
Celebrity Solstice, Western Caribbean, 12/11/2011
Celebrity Solstice, Mediterranean/Greek Isles, 9/17/2011
Celebrity Solstice, Eastern Caribbean, 4/3/2011

Old April 14th, 2011, 06:27 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:

They do not have a special room service menu for lunch or dinner in AQ if that is what you are asking. As others have said you do get the CC menu for breakfast. If you order dinner from room service, it will be off the MDR menu which is available to all cabins.

Last edited by dkjretired; April 14th, 2011 at 06:28 PM.