Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines

Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals.

Write a Carnival Review

NEW! Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:07 PM
TanIslandGirl's Avatar
TanIslandGirl TanIslandGirl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 915
Default Carnival transfering luggage to airport post cruise?

Hello,
It's been a year since my last cruise and I was wondering if Carnival still offers to transfer your luggage to the airport after your cruise. We are flying JetBlue and our flight doesnt leave untill 7:00PM so we were hoping to let Carnival move the luggage for us.
__________________
Carnival Triumph~March 2005~W. Caribbean
Carnival Glory~February 2006~E. Caribbean
Carnival Victory~August 2006~Halifax
Carnival Triumph~January 2007~W. Caribbean
Carnival Legend~February 2008~W. Caribbean
Carnival Destiny~February 2009~E.Caribbean
Carnival Miracle~February 7th, 2011~S.Caribbean
Dreams ~ Cancun, MX ~ January 2012
Riu Cancun ~ Cancun, MX ~ January 2013
Carnival Dream ~ W.Caribbean ~ January 4, 2014
Walt Disney World after Dream Cruise 1/11/14
Carnival Pride ~ June 2014 ~ E. Caribbean
Carnival Valor ~ February 2015 ~ S. Caribbean





Aquarium Countdowns from 123mycodes.com
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:28 PM
vwrestler171's Avatar
vwrestler171 vwrestler171 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tooele, UT
Posts: 1,758
Default

Yes, Carnival offers the Luggage Express service. It was $25 per person in Sept
__________________
Travis and Emily

Carnival Destiny 9/2010
Carnival Liberty 12/2012
Carnival Inspiration 10/2013
Carnival Breeze 05/2014

Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:39 PM
Celebrating40's Avatar
Celebrating40 Celebrating40 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwrestler171 View Post
Yes, Carnival offers the Luggage Express service. It was $25 per person in Sept
Is this on all ships? We made the mistake of not doing in last August and am looking forward to not having to worry about the luggage this time. I will be on the Triumph next month.
__________________
Tisha













Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:49 PM
TanIslandGirl's Avatar
TanIslandGirl TanIslandGirl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 915
Default

Thanks... this is such a good service they offer. Not having to schlep luggage around all day will be nice.
__________________
Carnival Triumph~March 2005~W. Caribbean
Carnival Glory~February 2006~E. Caribbean
Carnival Victory~August 2006~Halifax
Carnival Triumph~January 2007~W. Caribbean
Carnival Legend~February 2008~W. Caribbean
Carnival Destiny~February 2009~E.Caribbean
Carnival Miracle~February 7th, 2011~S.Caribbean
Dreams ~ Cancun, MX ~ January 2012
Riu Cancun ~ Cancun, MX ~ January 2013
Carnival Dream ~ W.Caribbean ~ January 4, 2014
Walt Disney World after Dream Cruise 1/11/14
Carnival Pride ~ June 2014 ~ E. Caribbean
Carnival Valor ~ February 2015 ~ S. Caribbean





Aquarium Countdowns from 123mycodes.com
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:52 PM
cruisefisher's Avatar
cruisefisher cruisefisher is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 6
Default

We will be sailing on Freedom next year...can this be done with ALL airlines? I have heard they don't offer the service for Southwest.
__________________
Jim
I love cruising with roudy1 =)



Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old January 23rd, 2011, 11:17 PM
Prphan2's Avatar
Prphan2 Prphan2 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 30 miles west of Chicago
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebrating40 View Post
Is this on all ships? We made the mistake of not doing in last August and am looking forward to not having to worry about the luggage this time. I will be on the Triumph next month.

We did the luggage transfer from the dock to the airport in NO last April, and it was wonderful! We had the whole day to kill from the time we left the ship, until our flight so we didn't want to lug our bags all over the place. We self-disembarked, went right to the luggage check in area and used "Advance Check-In, LLC". I think paid $25.00. This was a service that was not offered through Carnival, but through the airport at New Orleans.
__________________
Nancy & Steve




Enchantment of the Seas...04/28/2007
25th anniversary cruise.
Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman

Adventure of the Seas...04/19/2009
Aruba, Curacao, St. Martin & St. Thomas

Carnival Triumph...04/26/2010
Progresso & Cozumel

Carnival Freedom...04/09/2011
Cozumel, Costa Rica & Panama

Carnival Freedom...04/05/2014
Grand Turk, San Juan, PR, St. Maarten & St. Thomas

Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old January 24th, 2011, 03:29 PM
TanIslandGirl's Avatar
TanIslandGirl TanIslandGirl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********er View Post
We will be sailing on Freedom next year...can this be done with ALL airlines? I have heard they don't offer the service for Southwest.
Not sure which airlines work with Carnival on this but I will do my best to check out which ones do and post back here.
__________________
Carnival Triumph~March 2005~W. Caribbean
Carnival Glory~February 2006~E. Caribbean
Carnival Victory~August 2006~Halifax
Carnival Triumph~January 2007~W. Caribbean
Carnival Legend~February 2008~W. Caribbean
Carnival Destiny~February 2009~E.Caribbean
Carnival Miracle~February 7th, 2011~S.Caribbean
Dreams ~ Cancun, MX ~ January 2012
Riu Cancun ~ Cancun, MX ~ January 2013
Carnival Dream ~ W.Caribbean ~ January 4, 2014
Walt Disney World after Dream Cruise 1/11/14
Carnival Pride ~ June 2014 ~ E. Caribbean
Carnival Valor ~ February 2015 ~ S. Caribbean





Aquarium Countdowns from 123mycodes.com
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old January 24th, 2011, 03:35 PM
vfb2girls vfb2girls is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 1,007
Default

So what does this 25 dollar fee exactly get you, do you still have to pay for your checked baggage? Also do you still have to check in for your return flight online and print off your boarding passes? Do you get to skip the regular check in lines at the airport and go straight through to the security line? we thought about using this service in Tampa when we had a 11:30 flight home but that now has been changed to 1:57 so not sure if it is worth the extra money for us to do luggage express.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old January 24th, 2011, 03:35 PM
pocopelo's Avatar
pocopelo pocopelo is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Altadena
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prphan2 View Post
We did the luggage transfer from the dock to the airport in NO last April, and it was wonderful! We had the whole day to kill from the time we left the ship, until our flight so we didn't want to lug our bags all over the place. We self-disembarked, went right to the luggage check in area and used "Advance Check-In, LLC". I think paid $25.00. This was a service that was not offered through Carnival, but through the airport at New Orleans.

I spoke with a carnival rep a few nights ago about the same question. They said that they did not offer such a service or any baggage holding area. I did see a link on the port of new orleans website for a company that will forward your luggage to the airport ....I think we'll be using that company this month.
__________________


Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old January 24th, 2011, 03:49 PM
peppergal peppergal is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********er View Post
We will be sailing on Freedom next year...can this be done with ALL airlines? I have heard they don't offer the service for Southwest.
When we were on the Freedom last October, Southwest was excluded from the list of airlines that it was offered for.
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old January 24th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Prphan2's Avatar
Prphan2 Prphan2 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 30 miles west of Chicago
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocopelo View Post
I spoke with a carnival rep a few nights ago about the same question. They said that they did not offer such a service or any baggage holding area. I did see a link on the port of new orleans website for a company that will forward your luggage to the airport ....I think we'll be using that company this month.
It was great. After doing self-disembark, we walked outside to where the cabs are, located the kiosk which was clearly marked with their name, dropped off the luggage and took off for the day. After we got to the airport, we 1st went downstairs to the luggage claim area, located the office they had told us to look for, claimed our bags and went upstairs to check in and go through security. I wish every airport offered this service.
__________________
Nancy & Steve




Enchantment of the Seas...04/28/2007
25th anniversary cruise.
Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman

Adventure of the Seas...04/19/2009
Aruba, Curacao, St. Martin & St. Thomas

Carnival Triumph...04/26/2010
Progresso & Cozumel

Carnival Freedom...04/09/2011
Cozumel, Costa Rica & Panama

Carnival Freedom...04/05/2014
Grand Turk, San Juan, PR, St. Maarten & St. Thomas

Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old January 25th, 2011, 11:54 AM
TanIslandGirl's Avatar
TanIslandGirl TanIslandGirl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfb2girls View Post
So what does this 25 dollar fee exactly get you, do you still have to pay for your checked baggage? Also do you still have to check in for your return flight online and print off your boarding passes? Do you get to skip the regular check in lines at the airport and go straight through to the security line? we thought about using this service in Tampa when we had a 11:30 flight home but that now has been changed to 1:57 so not sure if it is worth the extra money for us to do luggage express.
I asked my family members who have used this service in the past & they told me that all the service offers is your luggage being taken to the airport and placed on your plane for you. You still have to check in at the airport & go through security.
__________________
Carnival Triumph~March 2005~W. Caribbean
Carnival Glory~February 2006~E. Caribbean
Carnival Victory~August 2006~Halifax
Carnival Triumph~January 2007~W. Caribbean
Carnival Legend~February 2008~W. Caribbean
Carnival Destiny~February 2009~E.Caribbean
Carnival Miracle~February 7th, 2011~S.Caribbean
Dreams ~ Cancun, MX ~ January 2012
Riu Cancun ~ Cancun, MX ~ January 2013
Carnival Dream ~ W.Caribbean ~ January 4, 2014
Walt Disney World after Dream Cruise 1/11/14
Carnival Pride ~ June 2014 ~ E. Caribbean
Carnival Valor ~ February 2015 ~ S. Caribbean





Aquarium Countdowns from 123mycodes.com
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 PM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.
Cookie ConsentCookie Policy