Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
- Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Princess Cruise Deals
- Write a Princess Cruise Review
- Find Your Princess Roll Call
See posts about:
Caribbean Princess
Diamond Princess
Island Princess
Royal Princess
Sun Princess

Coral Princess
Emerald Princess
Ocean Princess
Ruby Princess
Star Princess

Crown Princess
Golden Princess
Pacific Princess
Sapphire Princess

Dawn Princess
Grand Princess
Regal Princess
Sea Princess

Old January 20th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cruise Luggage Tag Holders?

Someone had a thread recently where there was message of some really nice luggage tag holders you could purchase?? Anyone recall where we can obtain those??

Thanks in advance

Old January 20th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

http://www.*******************.com/l...ag-holder.html

Old January 20th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

I found some Vertical Badge ID Holders a pkage of 10 at our local office max store. They will hold a 3x4 card. I haven't printed out our luggage tags yet but I think these holders should work just fine and they were only I think $4 for the pkg of 10.

CRUISE HISTORY

12/80 Emerald Seas (Bahamas )
06/93 Carnival Fantasy (Bahamas)
04/95 Carnival Celebration (Eastern Caribbean)
04/98 Majesty OTS (Western Caribbean)
06/00 Ocean Princess (Alaska)
03/01 Majesty OTS (Bahamas)
05/03 Explorer OTS (Eastern Caribbean)
09/04 NCL Norwegian Seas (Texaribbean)
09/05 Mariner OTS (Western Caribbean) B2B
09/05 Mariner OTS (Eastern Caribbean)
11/05 Sovereign OTS (Bahamas) B2B
12/05 Sovereign OTS (Bahamas)
08/06 Sovereign OTS (Bahamas) B2B2B
09/06 Sovereign OTS (Bahamas)
09/06 Sovereign OTS (Bahamas)
12/06 Brilliance OTS (Panama Canal)
09/07 Liberty OTS (Eastern caribbean) B2B
09/07 Liberty OTS (Western Caribbean)
04/08 Carnival Legend (Western Carribean)
09/08 Mariner OTS (Eastern Caribbean)
09/08 Sovereign OTS ( Bahamas) B2B2B2B2B
09/08 Sovereign OTS ( Bahamas)
09/08 Sovereign OTS ( Bahamas)
10/08 Sovereign OTS ( Bahamas)
10/08 Sovereign OTS ( Bahamas)
01/09 Navagator OTS ( Bahamas) B2B
01/09 Navagator OTS ( Bahamas)
09/09 Monarch OTS ( Bahamas) B2B
09/09 Monarch OTS ( Bahamas)
11/09 Monarch OTS ( Bahamas) B2B2B2B2B
11/09 Monarch OTS ( Bahamas)
11/o9 Monarch OTS ( Bahamas)
12/09 Monarch OTS ( Bahamas)
12/09 Monarch OTS ( Bahamas)
09/10 Oasis OTS ( Western Caribbean)
05/11 Crown Princess (Transatlantic)
12/11 Freedom OTS (Caribbean)
11/12 Sovereign Pullmantur (Europe)
11/12 Navigator OTS (Transatlantic)
12/13 Enchantment OTS (Eastern Caribbean)
12/13 Freedom OTS (Eastern Caribbean)

Old January 20th, 2011, 11:20 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise2End View Post
Someone had a thread recently where there was message of some really nice luggage tag holders you could purchase?? Anyone recall where we can obtain those??

Thanks in advance
We're happy with our luggage tag holders & yesterday they sent a file for a form to put your travel info into it when traveling to the ship. Then all you'd have to do is slide out that info & slide in your Princess luggage tags at embarkation.

Old January 20th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Ya, that would make it easier for a burglar to know how long you'll be gone. Smart!

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:27 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisnpat View Post
I found some Vertical Badge ID Holders a pkage of 10 at our local office max store. They will hold a 3x4 card. I haven't printed out our luggage tags yet but I think these holders should work just fine and they were only I think $4 for the pkg of 10.
Do they have grommets to make them more durable when luggage handlers handle them? Sounds like a good deal & hope they work great.

Old January 21st, 2011, 12:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up FYI Serendipity Luggage Tag Holders

We purchased the luggage tag holders through www.*******************.com they look very strong and well manufactured and the price was very resonable.

Yesterday they sent itineray insirts you can use while traveling. I've attached a copy here. Thought some of you would like to see. Might
come in handy for some of you.

Cheers,
Clarice & Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Luggage-Tag-Itinerary.jpg (9.6 KB, 217 views)

Old January 21st, 2011, 02:53 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passin Thru View Post
Ya, that would make it easier for a burglar to know how long you'll be gone. Smart!
Your information is not seen on the tag until it's pulled off the luggage and opened. I know many CC members, myself included, who put their itineraries in their suitcases in case their luggage gets lost. I still think it's a great idea.

Old January 21st, 2011, 04:05 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passin Thru View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha'smom View Post
Your information is not seen on the tag until it's pulled off the luggage and opened. I know many CC members, myself included, who put their itineraries in their suitcases in case their luggage gets lost. I still think it's a great idea.
I'm with you 'sasha'smom'...the odds that your luggage will get lost is better than someone looking into each tag or bag to see who will be gone. The overwhelming number of burglaries are crimes of opportunity during the daytime when someone leaves their house unlocked. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...it's too bad they can't be presented without being condescending.

Last edited by Astro Flyer; January 21st, 2011 at 04:21 AM.

Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisnpat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Flyer View Post
Do they have grommets to make them more durable when luggage handlers handle them? Sounds like a good deal & hope they work great.

I purchased two packages of “Badgemates” 3” x 4” vertical badge ID holders from OfficeMax at $4.99 each to use on our cruise.

There were six of us with 12 pieces of checked luggage. I also used them on our carry-ons in case they became lost. We returned from our cruise today. Here is my experience.

You will need to trim the Princess luggage tag to fit which is not a problem.

You need to supply your own method of attachment. I used cable ties.

The holder does not have a grommet which is a problem. The material is not very strong and two were ripped off, one from my own carry-on and one from my daughter’s luggage. When her luggage was not delivered to her room, she found it at the purser’s desk as they had not yet taken the time to look at her personal tag for her name to determine her room number.

I will not use them again, at least with cable ties, because the come off too easily. Given that I lost one on my carry-on which did not receive rough handling, I am surprised that the other eleven pieces of luggage made it to our cabins. A wider strap of some sort may work better as there is a one-half inch slot. The cable ties are thin and easily cut through the plastic.

For what it’s worth, there were about a dozen other pieces of “lost” luggage at the purser’s desk. I can only assume that at least some of them may originally have used the Princess paper tags.

Jim
Sapphire Princess to Mexico 1/11; Sun Princess to Alaska 7/07; Diamond Princess 7-day Coastal 5/07; Dawn Princess to W. Caribbean 10/04; Diamond Princess 2-Day Mexican Sampler 3/04; Star Princess to Alaska 7/03; Star Princess 3-Day Coastal 5/03; Sun Princess to Hawaii 1/03; Star Princess to Mexico 11/02; Sea Princess to Mexico 11/01

Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:28 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayevee44 View Post
I purchased two packages of “Badgemates” 3” x 4” vertical badge ID holders from OfficeMax at $4.99 each to use on our cruise.

There were six of us with 12 pieces of checked luggage. I also used them on our carry-ons in case they became lost. We returned from our cruise today. Here is my experience.

You will need to trim the Princess luggage tag to fit which is not a problem.

You need to supply your own method of attachment. I used cable ties.

The holder does not have a grommet which is a problem. The material is not very strong and two were ripped off, one from my own carry-on and one from my daughter’s luggage. When her luggage was not delivered to her room, she found it at the purser’s desk as they had not yet taken the time to look at her personal tag for her name to determine her room number.

I will not use them again, at least with cable ties, because the come off too easily. Given that I lost one on my carry-on which did not receive rough handling, I am surprised that the other eleven pieces of luggage made it to our cabins. A wider strap of some sort may work better as there is a one-half inch slot. The cable ties are thin and easily cut through the plastic.

For what it’s worth, there were about a dozen other pieces of “lost” luggage at the purser’s desk. I can only assume that at least some of them may originally have used the Princess paper tags.

Jim
Thanks Jim for sharing your experiences...that was my concern with the badge holders which aren't designed for the rigors of travel. Now I know they're not as good of an option as the Serendipity tag holders which I haven't used yet but they appear to be sturdy with a reliable reusable attachment strap.

Despite driving to the pier recently & with many, many staples and clear packing tape, several were nearly torn off going from the pier to our cabin. Since you lost some of the badge holders during the same process, there's little chance they'd survive a flight when using them as a way to hopefully be reunited with us if they are misdirected.

I know there is some concern about having an itinerary attached to bags however whether in an outside, unlocked compartment or in a tag holder...it's a risk I'm willing to take. The odds are much more likely to have our bags misdirected than to have that info used for another reason. Just my opinion & something each of us can decide for ourselves.

That's again Jim for the info on your 'test run' of the badge holders.

Last edited by Astro Flyer; January 22nd, 2011 at 11:33 PM.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:54 AM
5,000+ Club

The simple solution is don't use your own address, but the address of someone who can take a package for you. I put in either the address of my office or a local shop I am a part owner of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Flyer View Post
I'm with you 'sasha'smom'...the odds that your luggage will get lost is better than someone looking into each tag or bag to see who will be gone. The overwhelming number of burglaries are crimes of opportunity during the daytime when someone leaves their house unlocked. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...it's too bad they can't be presented without being condescending.

Roll Call for Royal - October 2014: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1844420

Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:37 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loonbeam View Post
The simple solution is don't use your own address, but the address of someone who can take a package for you. I put in either the address of my office or a local shop I am a part owner of.
That's a great idea! I don't put my home address in the itineraries attached to my luggage but only a phone # so if they really need to get to us post traveling...it can be arranged. All of us use whatever means we're comfortable with using & what makes me comfortable won't necessarily be the same anyone else.

Old January 24th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Cool Cruiser

I printed the Princess tags, then took a sheet of self-adhesive laminating paper and placed both tags within it and sealed them. I cut them out just a tad larger than the tags so they remained sealed on all sides. My hole puncher wouldn't cut through the plastic, so I used an ice pick to make the hole. Then I used a tie to fasten the tag to the suitcase.

M.

To email me, click here.

Last edited by Mindy97; January 24th, 2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: I made an oopsie

Old January 24th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

I use packing tape. I cut the tag on dotted lines where it says to fold & place tape on the tag, then fold it over and staple each side, use a hole punch at top, secure to suitcase with zip ties. My group always did it this way and never had a problem. The clear packing tape is very strong.

ROYAL PRINCESS 3/2014
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 3/2013
CROWN PRINCESS 3/2012
SAPPHIRE PRINCESS 2/2011
ISLAND PRINCESS 3/2010
EMERALD PRINCESS 3/2009
GRAND PRINCESS 3/2008
CROWN PRINCESS 3/2007
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 3/2006

Old January 24th, 2011, 10:27 AM
5,000+ Club

I print our tags on extra heavy duty presentation paper and fold the ends so they hook or overlap each other and staple six times using a standard office stapler. Typically we arrive a day or two before our cruise and use the stapler from the hotel's front desk. The staples through the twelve layers of paper provides an extra strong joint which allows a 45 lbs plus bag to be lifted by a tag made in this manner and attached by this method.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PrLugTag.jpg (11.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg PrincessTag.jpg (18.4 KB, 60 views)

Pass Cruises
Festival's Bolero Dec98 E Car*Blackbeard's Pirate Lady Jan99 Bahamas*Sun's Carousel (Nordic Prince)Feb99 S.Car*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Sept99-W Med*Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Jan00 PC* Sea Pr June00-Alaska* Sun's Sundream (Song of Norway)Feb01 W Car* Grand PrFeb02 W.Car* Empress of the Seas July 02 Bermuda*Star Pr Feb03 Mex Riv* Enchantment of the Seas Mar03 E.Carib*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)June03 W Med*Sun's Sunbird (Song of America)Jan04-S Car* Voyager of the Seas June 04 Canada* Sun's Sunbird (Song of America) Aug 04 W Med*Maasdam Mar05 S.Car* Costa's Mediterranea Apr06 E Car* Regal Princess Nov 06 PC* Serenade of the Seas Feb.07-S Car*Adventure of the Seas Mar07 S Car*Radiance of the Seas Sept07 Alaska &West Coast* Legend of the Seas Nov07- E Med*Radiance of the Seas May08Hawaii* X Century Dec08 West TA*Radiance of the Seas Apr-May09 Chile to San Diego*X Mercury Nov09 E.Caribbean*Radiance of the Seas Feb10 Mex. Riv*Grand Princess Apr10 East TA*X Summit Nov10 S. Car*X Summit Dec10 S Car*Golden Pr Feb11 Hawaii*X Constellation S. Car Mar11 Car*Emerald Pr Nov-Dec11 S Car*X Silhouette Jan12 E Car*X Century Mar/Apr 12Hawaii*Caribbean Pr Apr12 East TA*Caribbean Pr May12 British Isles*X Eclipse Dec12 S Car*Voyager of the Seas Feb/Mar13 Oz/NZ*X Century Nov/Dec13 Hawaii*Ruby Pr Feb14 W Car*X Century Feb14 E Car*Serenade of the Seas Apr/May14 East TA*

Last edited by robtulipe; January 24th, 2011 at 10:38 AM.

Old January 24th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default .

Too bad the days of the cruise lines sending you a very nice holder for all of your information,boarding passes, luggage tags etc. to you are gone. I loved getting all of this in the mail a few weeks before we left on vacation. This is just pain but if we want to cruise this is just the way we will have to roll I guess. I'll adjust

Last edited by Nanalove; January 24th, 2011 at 11:13 AM.

Old January 24th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha'smom View Post
We use my office address instead of our home address on our luggage. It places one more layer between our home and someone undesirable, but it ensures the luggage would get back to us if need be.

Crown Princess - 12/2011 - Western Caribbean (Changed Itinerary) ; Crown Princess - 12/2011 - Southern Caribbean
Crown Princess 02/2011 - Western Caribbean (Yes, Again!) ; Crown Princess 12/2010 - Western Caribbean

Last edited by BearHaven01; January 24th, 2011 at 11:29 AM.

Old January 25th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearHaven01 View Post
We use my office address instead of our home address on our luggage. It places one more layer between our home and someone undesirable, but it ensures the luggage would get back to us if need be.
Great idea. I never would have thought of that. That's why I keep reading these boards, I'm always learning something new. Thanks.