Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old October 3rd, 2010, 09:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thalassotherapy pools

I have been reading on cruise crtitic that a lot of the Celebrity ships have thalassotherapy pools. I tried my first thalassotherapy pool on the Carvinal Splender this summer and it was great. What I want to know from this community is are all the thalassotherapy pools on Celebrity Crusie Line the same size? If not which ship/s have the largest pools? Are all the pools open to all adults or do some of the ships have a useage fee. I want to try Celebrity and the thalassotherapy pools will be a serious consideration for all future bookings. Does anyone know the different pool sizes for each class?

Old October 3rd, 2010, 09:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by notalandlover View Post
I have been reading on cruise crtitic that a lot of the Celebrity ships have thalassotherapy pools. I tried my first thalassotherapy pool on the Carvinal Splender this summer and it was great. What I want to know from this community is are all the thalassotherapy pools on Celebrity Crusie Line the same size? If not which ship/s have the largest pools? Are all the pools open to all adults or do some of the ships have a useage fee. I want to try Celebrity and the thalassotherapy pools will be a serious consideration for all future bookings. Does anyone know the different pool sizes for each class?
Only the M-class ships have Thalassotherapy pools and they are all the same. They are meant for adults....no one under either 16 or 18 (if forget). All are free of charge.

Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearmint View Post
Only the M-class ships have Thalassotherapy pools and they are all the same. They are meant for adults....no one under either 16 or 18 (if forget). All are free of charge.
The Mercury also has a teeny tiny, for-fee-only, T-pool.

Otherwise, you'll find them on Millennium, Infinity, Summit, and Constellation. Big + free on those ships.

Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

You can see some of the big T-pool in this photo (it's the one indoors, toward the bottom)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (19.6 KB, 206 views)

Old October 4th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerspaceguy View Post

Otherwise, you'll find them on Millennium, Infinity, Summit, and Constellation. Big + free on those ships.
Does the Millennium still have one? I thought I read somewhere it no longer had the T-pool. I'd be happy if it still did.

Old October 4th, 2010, 09:22 AM
5,000+ Club

I don't know where you read that, but perhaps you have your ships mixed up? All the M-class ships have T-pools.

Old October 4th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerspaceguy View Post

The T-pool on the Mercury may be small and have an extra charge, but it is by far much better than the T-pools on M-class ships. The T-pool in the Mercury is like a hot tub on a double dose of steroids; it will blow you away if you are not careful, whereas the T-polls on the M-class ships are more like a swimming pool on a small vitamin pill. No comparison between the two type of T-pools.
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice

Old October 4th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Constellation T-pool is for adults - no fee charged.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cathieo...7594207572844/

Old October 4th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
A couple points:
1. The new Solstice class ships do not have T-pools. They do have an adult-only pool in the Solarium next to the entrance of the Aqua Spa.
2. M-class ships have free T-pools, but IMO that although they are nice, they are not that much different than standard pools. A little better, but not a make or break thing.
3. I am curious - - Can you describe Carnival's T-pools? That would help those of us that our familiar with Celebrity's to help explain the difference. This seems to be a major concern of yours.
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice

Last edited by sptrout; October 4th, 2010 at 11:38 AM.

Old October 4th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisestitch View Post
I don't know where you read that, but perhaps you have your ships mixed up? All the M-class ships have T-pools.
Thanks, I probably do have them mixed up. I'm thrilled!!!

Old October 4th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptrout View Post
A couple points:
1. The new Solstice class ships do not have T-pools. They do have an adult-only pool in the Solarium next to the entrance of the Aqua Spa.
2. M-class ships have free T-pools, but IMO that although they are nice, they are not that much different than standard pools. A little better, but not a make or break thing.
3. I am curious - - Can you describe Carnival's T-pools? That would help those of us that our familiar with Celebrity's to help explain the difference. This seems to be a major concern of yours.
The T- pool on Splender was about 25 feet long and 10 plus feet wide. The wife and I paid about 75.00 dollars to use it for the week. It was limited to people who bought the pass to use it. The pool wasn't ever full or crowed. No one allowed in under 18 yrs of age. I was reading that Mercery has a T-pool but X is taking that ship out of the fleet next yr. I have a bad back and the T pool was pure heaven. Thank you everyone for your imput.

Old October 4th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Celebrity Century had a small t pool in the spa area. It was simply outstanding

Old October 4th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question

Does anyone know what the charge is on the Mercury? I tried to do a search but couldn't find the charge. I also looked on the Celebrity site to check if it was something you could pre-book but again found nothing.
Thanks for any info.

2002 Celebrity Century, RCCL Enchantment, Carnival Conquest, 2003 Star Princess, HAL Volendam, 2004 Diamond Princess, MSC Opera, 2005 NCL Jewel, RCCL Mariner, 2006 Caribbean Princess, 2007 Caribbean Princess, Carnival Valor, 2008 NCL Sun, NCL Jewel, 2009 HAL Zuiderdam, 2010 Celebrity Mercury, 2011 RCCL Enchantment, Carnival Fantasy, 2012 Celebrity Silhouette, 2013 RCCL Enchantment, RCCL Grandeur

Old October 4th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

oh, this is the best part. No charge for the T-pool And an adults only area to boot!

Old October 4th, 2010, 08:11 PM
5,000+ Club

That's not correct, AFAIK. There IS a charge on Mercury, just not on the M-class ships. The poster before me was in error, I believe.

Old October 4th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Do you know what the fee is now for using the Mercury pool?

Old October 4th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptrout View Post
2. ... but IMO that although they are nice, they are not that much different than standard pools. A little better, but not a make or break thing.
Here is a photo of the T-pool on the Infinty. I think they are much nicer than the other two pools on the M class ships. They are heated, and while not as hot as a hot tub, the water temperature is pleasant, much like a warm bath. At each corner of the pool are pipes that direct a flow of water down into the pool (One can be seen at the right edge of the 'No Diving' sign in the photo). Positioning yourself underneath these pipes provides a massaging sensation to the shoulders and upper back. My wife and I enjoyed them often. On the Constellation last month I noticed that each pipe had a different flow rate, from gentle to vigorous.

Another special feature are the two 'lounges', one on each side, made from piping that you lay on while bubbles gently massage your body from underneath, much like a jacuzzi (in the photo three towels are at the edge of the nearest one, and the woman is sitting with her feet in the bubbles).

These features, at least to me, make these pools much better than a 'standard pool'. They can also be used even when the weather is not so good outside.

Last edited by boogs; October 4th, 2010 at 10:49 PM.

Old October 5th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the info! We're looking forward to using the T-Pools during our November cruise on the Summit.

Old October 7th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by joman View Post
Do you know what the fee is now for using the Mercury pool?
I am curious also. I see it was never answered

Old October 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default century T pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinSherry View Post
Celebrity Century had a small t pool in the spa area. It was simply outstanding
Is there a charge?