Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Community Guidelines and Message Board Forum Help > Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here!

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Ask Your Message Board Questions Here

Closed Thread

Old April 17th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Cool Cruiser

Question How do you edit a post?

I have noticed while reading through the threads you will sometimes see at the bottom of a posting, last edited by and the CC user name and time. I have searched all through the UserCP and I cannot find where and how you do this. I hope I won't need to do this but it would be nice to know how if I did want to.

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 17th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Cruise Critic Host

Location: La Marque, TX... about 9 miles from Galveston Island
Smile Just trying to help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd6183 View Post
I have noticed while reading through the threads you will sometimes see at the bottom of a posting, last edited by and the CC user name and time. I have searched all through the UserCP and I cannot find where and how you do this. I hope I won't need to do this but it would be nice to know how if I did want to.
Per the Editing and Deleting your Posts section in FAQ:

Can I edit or delete my posts?
If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.

Once you've made your modifications, a note may appear to inform other users that you have edited your post.

If the edit time and date appear as a link you can click on this to see the differences between the original and edited versions, or between edits if there have been multiple edits.

Can others edit my posts?
Administrators and moderators may also edit your messages. If they do, there may not be a note telling other users that the post was modified.

In the newer FAQ sections added with the last system update, you may find references to certain options or features not in use at this time.

Please note the following important additional information:
  • The administrator has turned off the delete feature for members. Only administrators or volunteer hosts/moderators can use the feature.
  • Your time limit for editing your post is up to 20 minutes after it posts. When the time limit expires, the Edit Button disappears from your post.
  • You cannot click the edit time and date link to see the differences. Only administrators or volunteer hosts/moderators can use the feature.
Administrators or volunteer hosts/moderators cannot edit your posts for you, unless you need personal information such as real last name, home address, or phone number removed. Please see the Sticky titled Can I Have My Post(s) Deleted? Edited? at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1060675 for instructions.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat

Being happy does not mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.
.................................................. ..
1988 Commodore Caribe I, 1996 Commodore Enchanted Isle, 1998 Carnival Sensation, 2000 Celebrity Century, 2001 Carnival Celebration, 2002 Carnival Jubilee, 2004 Carnival Glory, 2005 Royal Caribbean International Rhapsody of The Seas, 2007 Carnival Conquest, 2010 Celebrity Infinity, 2011 Carnival Conquest, 2011 Celebrity Summit, 2014 Carnival Sensation

Last edited by Host Kat >^..^<; October 31st, 2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: updated information

Closed Thread