Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Bring Water bottles on board

May be a dumb question, but can you bring water bottles or pop on board as part of your luggage??.. I know no liquor is allowed.

If possible, any limitations?

Thanks.

Franco

Next:
Celebrity Soltice - 12 Days Down Under December 2013

Previous Cruises:

Carnival Celebration 7 Days E Caribbean Cruise January 1992
Carnival Pride 7 Days Mexican Riviera January 2006
Celebrity Summit 14 Days Hawaii Cruise December 2006
Crown Princess 7 Days South Caribbean Cruise April 2007
Disney Magic 7 Days Western Caribbean Cruise December 2007
Celebrity EQUINOX 11 Days SouthWestern Caribbean cruise December 2009

Old November 22nd, 2009, 12:58 PM
10,000+ Club

YEs. I have seen cruisers carrying LOTS of water and soda onboard. If you put a luggage tag on it when you arrive, I think they still dleiver to your stateroom.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

My DH is a diabetic and drinks lots of crystal light, and sugar free diet sodas although not a big fan of coke. I was planning on bringing onboard a six pack of soda and 12 bottles of water. I know Princess will deliver water to your cabin if you tag it but not so sure about Celebrity as I was told they frown on this and could also confiscate at embarkation. Has anyone experienced this firsthand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandj View Post
YEs. I have seen cruisers carrying LOTS of water and soda onboard. If you put a luggage tag on it when you arrive, I think they still dleiver to your stateroom.

Old November 22nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

I question how much longer that will last. I really wonder about everything on the ships as they move to charging for more and more things. With bottled water now being a revenue source, will they continue to allow passengers to avoid paying them more money? As they open more and more revenue-generating specialty restaurants and snack places, will they stop permitting pax to carry on their own food (using health regs as an excuse)?

I know this may sound facetious, but if you had suggested to passengers in the 70's or 80's that they would be asked to pay for a bridge or engine room tour - or to eat in a lower class dining room unless they were willing to fork out for a "specialty" dining room that had white-glove service and higher-end entrees, how would they have responded?

j
5 - 19 Jan 2013 Celebrity Summit - San Juan/Caribbean B2B review photos dailies

27 May - 3 June 2012 Celebrity Summit - Bayonne/Bermuda review photos dailies, youth activities, menus
22 Feb - 5 Mar 2012 Celebrity Silhouette - Bayonne/Caribbean review photos dailies & menus
5 - 12 June 2011 Celebrity Summit - Bayonne/Bermuda review photos dailies

20 Dec 2010 - 3 Jan 2011 Celebrity Mercury - Baltimore/Caribbean review photos
21 Dec 2009 - 2 Jan 2010 Celebrity Mercury - Baltimore/Caribbean review photos dailies
26 May - 4 June 2008 Caribbean Princess - Brooklyn/Caribbean review photos
2-9 April 2006 Peter Deilmann Mozart (Danube River) travelog-photos-review
8-19 July 2002 Celebrity Galaxy - Baltimore/Caribbean
24-28 Dec 1990 Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress - Miami/Bahamas

Old November 22nd, 2009, 03:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

We were on RCCL's Explorer last month. We packed 12 bottles of water in a cardboard box, attached a preprinted luggage tag to the box and gave it to the porter with the rest of our luggage. It was delivered to our cabin with our suitcases. We plan on doing the same thing when we sail on the Summit in April.

Ad Sponsored By
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Suggest you simply bring in one bottle of water and refill it as you go...I'll bet you won't notice the difference and you won't have to pack a bunch of water...

Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

We saw several people buying bottled water and bringing it back from ports

Prior Cruises
June 2012: Celebrity Xpedition Galapagos
October 2010: Celebrity Equinox Transatlantic
June 2010:Celebrity Eclipse Scandanavia/Russia
August 2009: Celebrity Solstice Eastern Med

Old November 23rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Don't people know by now that much of the bottled water is straight from the tap anyway? The water you will get on Celebrity is probably cleaner then the bottled water you buy anyway, plus you aren't further polluting our world with unneeded plastic bottles.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgnova View Post
I question how much longer that will last. I really wonder about everything on the ships as they move to charging for more and more things. With bottled water now being a revenue source, will they continue to allow passengers to avoid paying them more money? As they open more and more revenue-generating specialty restaurants and snack places, will they stop permitting pax to carry on their own food (using health regs as an excuse)?

I know this may sound facetious, but if you had suggested to passengers in the 70's or 80's that they would be asked to pay for a bridge or engine room tour - or to eat in a lower class dining room unless they were willing to fork out for a "specialty" dining room that had white-glove service and higher-end entrees, how would they have responded?

j
It's relative. Daily bottled water is provided, free of charge, in all AquaClass cabins.

Old November 24th, 2009, 05:34 AM
5,000+ Club

I think we are missing the point in some of the posts. From what I read it is not whether water is or is not available it is the level/type of purificaiton which is critical for those using medical equipment on board.

If there is any concern about being prohibited from bringing water on board - and this has not been forbidden and there is no evidence of this starting now apart from one post reporting a conversation with a misinformed call centre rep who was clearly trying a shady upsell effort re the new water packages - then I would contact the special needs department by email to get their confirmation that you can bring water on board. You would then be advised to carry a copy of this email with you just in case.

X has always in recent years
sold hard liquor but prohibited you from bringing your own on board
sold wine but limited you to bringing two bottles on board
sold soda and water on board but did not limit you from bringing you own on board
The soda packages were introduced some time ago but this had no impact on what soda could be brought onboard
Following this logic, why would the new water package mean any changes re the ability to bring water on board

2015 - San Francisco - Vancouver 25 May on Infinity; Southampton - Barcelona 25 August and Christmas/NY in OZ Quest
2016 Cairns - Sydney (Quest)5 Jan; Miami-Nice 5 April and Rome-Dubai 7 Oct (Journey)

Last edited by uktog; November 24th, 2009 at 05:35 AM.

Old November 24th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Water for CPAP

My experience has been that a simple call to Celebrity Special Needs is all that is required. They will arrange for you to receive complimentary supplies of distilled water and an extension cord for your CPAP.

Old November 24th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

We bring a quart size water container on every cruise with us.We fill it with ice and water daily and bring it with us everywhere we go.

Old November 24th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Can you only bring water and soda at the embarking port? If I run out can I pick some up in another port and bring it back on too?

Old November 24th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Yes you can bring water and soda on from any port.