Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Cabin Selection Tips

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cabin Selection Tips Help on how to choose a cabin on a cruise ship.

How To Choose A Cabin from Cruise Critic
Offer up your opinions on selecting the best cabin.

Old November 17th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Brilliance of the Seas junior suites

We are looking at booking a junior suite on Brilliance of the Seas on Deck 10. Noticed that the windjammer outdoor seating is above most of the mid ship cabins. Anyone have an problem with noise in these cabins?
Any recommendations for a specific junior suite cabin number or are they all about the same.
thanks for your help

Old November 17th, 2009, 05:17 PM
50,000+ Club

They cabins are all the same....the "hump" area ( and you'll need to check the deck plans!) cause some cabins to have larger balconies...not all, but some...look at the deck plans!
We were under the WJ on Brilliance...once in awhile, we could hear some chairs being moved, but it was never in the middle of the night or anything...didn't bother us. The outdoor seating is to the rear of the WJ.

Last edited by cb at sea; November 17th, 2009 at 05:18 PM.

Old November 17th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We had a JS on sister Serenade last year and did not hear a thing. We were port toward the aft and under the outdoor portion of the Windjammer. It was so nice and quiet back there and we much prefer an aft aft or as far back as we can get. I know from the posts that CBatSea prefers hump and midship cabins but we find the aft more to our liking. I personally use the hike to the cabin as part of my daily exercise/walking routine.
We certainly appreciate the spacious JS cabins with the walk in closet and full bath.
I hope you enjoy your cabin and your cruise.

Old December 5th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

We were on he brilliance in 2002 and the jr Suite was lovely..I don't remember any noise whatsoever,,We had a great time and I have 6 Year old twins to prove it! For along time we called them the brilliance boys..Happy Travels lisa