Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines

Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals.

Write a Carnival Review

NEW! Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call

Old November 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default kicked off the ship

We sailed Carnival Destiny 10-19 thru 10-24. Two people got kicked off the ship at our last port of Nassau on 10-23. Can anyone tell me why they were kicked off? I can assume some reasons a passenger might get kicked off, but out of curiosity inquiring minds want to know. Thanks!

Golden Princess 02/2002
Grand Princess 02/2003
Carnival Inspiration 07/2004
Sun Princess 02/2006
Sun Princess 02/2007
Caribbean Princess 02/2008
Emerald Princess 02/2009
Carnival Destiny 10/2009
Emerald Princess 03/2011
Celebrity Equinox 03/2012
Celebrity Equinox 03/2013
Celebrity Equinox 03/2014
Caribbean Princess 09/14 (next up)
Celebrity Equinox 03/15 (next next up :-) )

Ad Sponsored By
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:01 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnurse View Post
We sailed Carnival Destiny 10-19 thru 10-24. Two people got kicked off the ship at our last port of Nassau on 10-23. Can anyone tell me why they were kicked off? I can assume some reasons a passenger might get kicked off, but out of curiosity inquiring minds want to know. Thanks!
I think that is an answer you can only get from the parties involved.

You would have a better chance answering the question than anyone here, since you were on the ship.

Celebrity Constellation 1/20/14, Carnival Victory 10/10/13 & 10/14/13, NCL Dawn 11/11/12, NCL Sky 10/1/10, Carnival Victory 4/18/10, NCL Sky 10/30/09, Carnival Splendor 4/26/09, Carnival Destiny 10/30/08 & 11/3/08, Carnival Fantasy 5/12/08, Carnival Liberty 10/13/07, Carnival Ecstasy 5/10/07, Carnival Fantasy 1/8/07, Carnival Valor 5/14/06, Carnival Victory 6/12/05,NCL: SS Norway 06/2000

Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:20 PM
Charter Member - 10,000+ Club

BEING uber DRUNK AND UNRULY/

Having drugs.

Being an unsafety to other passengers.

. o ..
o . o o.o
...oo
__[]__
__|_o_o_o\__
""""""""""/
. .. . /
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:26 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
How do you know they were "kicked" off . . . in other words, what is YOUR evidence of this action ? What did you OBSERVE ?

Did they have to shorten their cruise because of a death or serious illness in the family, for example. Were they taking advantage of the Carnival Vacation Guarantee and ending the cruise VOLUNTARILY there, or what?

Cruise Pics at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wearyeagle/sets/

Carnival Miracle again March 1st - Mexican Riviera
Carnival INSPIRATION - February 10th - can't beat these prices, folks. Gotta do it again.
Carnival IMAGINATION - Ensenada, Catalina again
it never gets old.
Carnival INSPIRATION - Ensenada, Mexico, Santa Catalina, CA (26 miles across the sea)
PRINCESS STAR - Alaska, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria, B.C.
Carnival MIRACLE - So Caribbean, Grand Turk, La Romana, Dominican Republic, Curacao, Aruba
Carnival SPLENDOR X 4 - Mexican Riviera BF & AF, sister of the Costa CONCORDIA
Carnival SPIRIT lower Mexican Riviera, Acapulco,Zihuantenejo/Ixtapa,Manzanillo
Carnival VICTORY X 2 Halifax, Nova Scotia - Cozumel, Panama, Montego Bay
Carnival LEGEND - Eastern Caribbean
Carnnival PRIDE X 2 Mexican Riviera PLATINUM !
Carnival GLORY X 2 Western Caribbean & Eastern Caribbean
Carnival ELATION X 3 Mexican Riviera
Carnival JUBILEE X 3 Mexican Riviera
Carnival TROPICALE X 3 Mexican Riviera
NCL SEAWARD Western Caribbean
PACQUET LINES (French ship disaster) LA to Vancouver

Last edited by glrounds; November 3rd, 2009 at 01:31 PM.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Buying drinks for an underage passenger and then that passenger causes trouble is a primo way to get left on the dock. I'm not talking about a parent buying their near age offspring a drink or 2.

Getting caught with drugs will do the trick too.

And as stated above, D&D and giving Security a hard time is also a road map to the gangway!

Destruction of ships property is probably good for a heave ho too.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
50,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post

Having drugs.
We had some folks smoking in our hallway and security just told them to stop. I dont think they kick you off for that.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly333 View Post
We had some folks smoking in our hallway and security just told them to stop. I dont think they kick you off for that.

That would be the stated reason, but it wouldn't be enforced until the people have gone way past any "reasonable behavior!"

What would have happened if the group on your ship refused to stop and became belligerent with Security?

I think the cruiselines are very tolerant, but once the tipping point is past, the pax is on the beach!

Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Wink

glrounds: We were getting ready to leave Nassau when a man and woman and their luggage left the ship and were on the pier. The lady and a bunch of luggage got into a golf cart and were driven away. The man remained on the pier with his luggage. People, including us, were on our balconies in anticipation of sail away. I was too far aft to hear what they were saying exactly but someone closer to him asked why he was leaving the ship. He said "it wasn't our choice, believe me." He proceeded to tell people on balconies closer to where he was standing what had happened but we couldn't hear what he was saying. Just curious. I know what CAN happen. I just wondered if anyone knew what actually did happen.

Golden Princess 02/2002
Grand Princess 02/2003
Carnival Inspiration 07/2004
Sun Princess 02/2006
Sun Princess 02/2007
Caribbean Princess 02/2008
Emerald Princess 02/2009
Carnival Destiny 10/2009
Emerald Princess 03/2011
Celebrity Equinox 03/2012
Celebrity Equinox 03/2013
Celebrity Equinox 03/2014
Caribbean Princess 09/14 (next up)
Celebrity Equinox 03/15 (next next up :-) )

Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Security

On our October 7 day cruise, we watched with amusement as the ship's security did shifts in front of a passengers cabin. Every several hours for a few days there was another guard posted in front of their door. Upon arriving at the debarkation port, the guards were gone and the cabin was empty very early in the morning.

Maybe too much Rum punch
Or maybe they purchased the wrong souvenirs! in port!

Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayoooga View Post
On our October 7 day cruise, we watched with amusement as the ship's security did shifts in front of a passengers cabin. Every several hours for a few days there was another guard posted in front of their door. Upon arriving at the debarkation port, the guards were gone and the cabin was empty very early in the morning.

Maybe too much Rum punch
We had a similar situation where security guarded the room 24 hours a day until we hit the 1st port. I asked one of the guards and it turns out 2 men in their 20's got a very young teen drunk and both had her in their room. Not sure if they were turned over to police or just kicked off the ship.
Big Red Boat 12/89, Ecstasy 6/92, Sovereign of the Seas 6/93, Empress of the Seas 2/94, Festivale 6/95, Costa 6/96, Celebration 6/97, Elation 6/99, Victory 6/01, Pride 7/02, Valor 5/05, Imagination 10/06, Elation 10/07., Freedom 6/09., Freedom 06/10, Mariner of the Seas 01/11, Carnival Dream 09/03/11, Carnival Breeze 2/13, Carnival Freedom 5/14

Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayoooga View Post

Maybe too much Rum punch
It wasn't on the Destiny...but last month there was a report of a young adult on a cruise ship threatening to take her own life.

They put security outside her door to assist the family until they could get her home.

I certainly hope she got the helps she needs and is doing ok....

COMPLETES THE FLEET

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
22 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale) ONLY Double Milestone under the age of 21 in the world.....woo hoo!!
Showing the world what a kid with Autism can do!!!
25 year old son... finally DIAMOND (college got in the way). About to "cruise more than all of us under the water" as a. Naval Officer.

Holiday Ship On A Stick with a MARBLE base...

Old November 3rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
glrounds: We were getting ready to leave Nassau when a man and woman and their luggage left the ship and were on the pier. The lady and a bunch of luggage got into a golf cart and were driven away. The man remained on the pier with his luggage. People, including us, were on our balconies in anticipation of sail away. I was too far aft to hear what they were saying exactly but someone closer to him asked why he was leaving the ship. He said "it wasn't our choice, believe me." He proceeded to tell people on balconies closer to where he was standing what had happened but we couldn't hear what he was saying. Just curious. I know what CAN happen. I just wondered if anyone knew what actually did happen.

That could have been something besides getting "kicked off" - like work insisting one of them come home, a kid breaking their leg or some other non-life threatening emergency that had nothing to do w/ Carnival. Or it could have been one of them had the flu?? Who knows - I'd be dying to know to just out of curiosity!!

12/87 - Some now defunct cheap cruise
12/01 - Disney Wonder 3 Night
09/07 - Disney Wonder 4 Night
03/09 - Carnival Glory 7 Night

Old November 3rd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Labor Day weekend on the Imagination this year two people we ran into got tossed off the ship ( well) one got tossed of when we got to Nassau for peeing on their neighbors cabin door. The other was kept in the brig until reach the Miami port because upon arriving back to the ship at 5am while partying hardy , instead of putting his bags on the x-ray maching he decided to put his body on it ...........LOL pretty funny but Carnival security didn't think so at all!!!

We met both of these guys the first day in the jacuzzi area .......they were hitting pretty hard already then LOL but seemed harmless enough.......guess they were a little too "foot loose and fancy free" LOL

Made for a good story though

Old November 3rd, 2009, 06:43 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Then why did you report they were "kicked off" the ship ?

What strikes me as very unusual, is that they were taken away on different conveyances ? The lady leaving separately ? Love affair gone awry ? Sea sickness became intolerable ?

Cruise Pics at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wearyeagle/sets/

Carnival Miracle again March 1st - Mexican Riviera
Carnival INSPIRATION - February 10th - can't beat these prices, folks. Gotta do it again.
Carnival IMAGINATION - Ensenada, Catalina again
it never gets old.
Carnival INSPIRATION - Ensenada, Mexico, Santa Catalina, CA (26 miles across the sea)
PRINCESS STAR - Alaska, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria, B.C.
Carnival MIRACLE - So Caribbean, Grand Turk, La Romana, Dominican Republic, Curacao, Aruba
Carnival SPLENDOR X 4 - Mexican Riviera BF & AF, sister of the Costa CONCORDIA
Carnival SPIRIT lower Mexican Riviera, Acapulco,Zihuantenejo/Ixtapa,Manzanillo
Carnival VICTORY X 2 Halifax, Nova Scotia - Cozumel, Panama, Montego Bay
Carnival LEGEND - Eastern Caribbean
Carnnival PRIDE X 2 Mexican Riviera PLATINUM !
Carnival GLORY X 2 Western Caribbean & Eastern Caribbean
Carnival ELATION X 3 Mexican Riviera
Carnival JUBILEE X 3 Mexican Riviera
Carnival TROPICALE X 3 Mexican Riviera
NCL SEAWARD Western Caribbean
PACQUET LINES (French ship disaster) LA to Vancouver

Last edited by glrounds; November 3rd, 2009 at 06:52 PM.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 06:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

There can be all kinds of reasons why people are asked to leave the ship. Google "kicked off Carnival ship" and there's a few stories there. I heard of one story here where the Feds were waiting at the debarkation customs station to arrest a felon who had a warrant out for his arrest. I guess Carnival or Homeland Security does run your name through its database.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly333 View Post
I agree... smoking pot is not likely to get you booted (I have smelled it too many times and they don't do anything, and shouldn't do anythign in my view.)

Now, being under the influence of any drug, including alcohol, and making a violent disturbance may easily get you kicked off.

So, if you punch someone, or get caught vandalizing something, they can kick you off. It can also happen if someone is acting in a predatory manner, or trying to sell stuff to the guests.
04/12 NCL Spirit | 01/11 Carnival Liberty | 08/10 NCL Pride of America|11/09 Carnival Miracle | 8/08 NCL Pearl | 5/08 NCL Majesty | 3/07 Celebrity Mercury | 9/06 Elation | 3/06 Carnival Valor | 2/05 NCL Majesty | 11/03 Jubilee | 9/01 Holiday

Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by glrounds View Post
How do you know they were "kicked" off . . . in other words, what is YOUR evidence of this action ? What did you OBSERVE ?

Did they have to shorten their cruise because of a death or serious illness in the family, for example. Were they taking advantage of the Carnival Vacation Guarantee and ending the cruise VOLUNTARILY there, or what?
Couldn't be that if it was the last port of the cruise.

RCCL Mariner Of The Seas (7 day) - Feb 07, 2010
Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas

Carnival Spirit (8 day) - Nov 27, 2009
Acapulco, Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Manzanillo

RCCL Brilliance Of The Seas (12 day) - Nov. 25, 2008
Barcelona, Villefranche, Florence/Pisa, Rome, (missed Mykonos - storm), Santorini,
Ephesus, Athens, (missed Naples - storm again), Messina (added; instead of Naples)

Carnival Elation (5 day) - Oct. 18, 2008
Cabo San Lucas, Ensenada

Carnival Elation (5 day) - Oct. 9, 2007
Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas

Carnival Spirit (8 day) - Feb. 2006

Celebrity Mercury (7 day) - Dec. 4, 1999
Key West, Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Cancun, Calica

Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by glrounds View Post
Then why did you report they were "kicked off" the ship ?

What strikes me as very unusual, is that they were taken away on different conveyances ? The lady leaving separately ? Love affair gone awry ? Sea sickness became intolerable ?
He/She didn't say they left on different conveyances. He/She said the lady and her luggage was driven away in a golf cart. The man was still on the pier with his luggage as the ship got underway. Many golf carts (but not all) only have room for a driver and 1 passenger. We don't know what happened to the man, the ship got underway. Perhaps the golf cart came back later to transport him as well.

RCCL Mariner Of The Seas (7 day) - Feb 07, 2010
Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas

Carnival Spirit (8 day) - Nov 27, 2009

RCCL Brilliance Of The Seas (12 day) - Nov. 25, 2008
Barcelona, Villefranche, Florence/Pisa, Rome, (missed Mykonos - storm), Santorini,
Ephesus, Athens, (missed Naples - storm again), Messina (added; instead of Naples)

Carnival Elation (5 day) - Oct. 18, 2008
Cabo San Lucas, Ensenada

Carnival Elation (5 day) - Oct. 9, 2007
Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas

Carnival Spirit (8 day) - Feb. 2006

Celebrity Mercury (7 day) - Dec. 4, 1999
Key West, Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Cancun, Calica

Last edited by SDPadreFan; November 3rd, 2009 at 07:17 PM.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:32 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Quote:
We too were on this sailing. I think I maybe able to shed some light on what may have happened while we were in Nassau. While visiting the purser desk the morning we arrived in Nassau, I overheard a man talking on the phone trying to make arrangements for a sick traveling companion to disembark the ship. We left port late that evening and while I was paying down my sail and sign account I asked the purser why we were leaving late and she said they had a medical issue.

So I am presuming that it was a medical issue like the purser had stated and not someone being kicked off the ship.

Live a good life and in the end, it's not the years in the life, it's the life in the years.

written by Abraham Lincoln

Sailed
Carnival Imagination June 2014
Carnival Imagination Mar. 2014
Carnival Miracle Dec.2013
Carnival Liberty Oct. 2013
Carnival Glory Jan. 2013
Carnival Inspiration Sept 2012
Carnival Freedom Sept. 2012
Carnival Splendor March 2012
Carnival Inspiration Jan 2012
Carnival Destiny Sept 2011
Carnival Splendor May 2011
Carnival Paradise March 2011
Carnival Paradise January 2011
Carnival Paradise December 2010
Carnival Spirit August 2010
Carnival Paradise May 2010
Carnival Splendor March 2010
Carnival Paradise November 2009
Carnival Destiny October 2009
Carnival Splendor April 2009 (Swine Flu Cruise)
Carnival Paradise February 09
Carnival Victory October 08
Carnival Paradise September 08
Carnival Paradise June 08
Carnival Pride March 08
Carnival Paradise December 07
Carnival Paradise September 07
Carnival Destiny June 07
Carnival Paradise May 07
Carnival Spirit December 2006
Carnival Paradise November 2006
Carnival Valor May 2006
Carnival Paradise December 2005
Carnival Valor May 2005
Carnival Conquest June 2004
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas May 2004
Carnival Elation June 2003
Carnival Holiday April 2000
Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas April 1999
Carnival Elation August 1998
Carnival Holiday September 1996

Last edited by luv2cruise777l; November 3rd, 2009 at 07:35 PM.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:37 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel1733 View Post
We had a similar situation where security guarded the room 24 hours a day until we hit the 1st port. I asked one of the guards and it turns out 2 men in their 20's got a very young teen drunk and both had her in their room. Not sure if they were turned over to police or just kicked off the ship.
this is somewhat similar to an insident on a RCCL s Monarch a few yrs. back..WITH MY DAUGHTER..my son was a karate instructor at the time and found 2 young males in her cabin trying to get her drunk..*he s now a police investigator, Special Victims Unit*

Well, onward..between him and his 3 cousins proceeded to rat pack the punks pretty good..when security finally arrived the parents wanted to press charges against my son and his cousins..i interviened and told them that i wanted to press charges against the 2 young adults for contributing to the deliquency of a minor..

it was funny..everytime i passed by them anywhere on the ship they would hit the wall..those who have been in the military would know what that means.

Last edited by deepnite10; November 3rd, 2009 at 07:40 PM.