Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Progreso/Merida (Mexico)

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old September 20th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Reef Club with Autoprogresso?

I don't see any mention of it on their site. Is this some place they go? We will be with my 7 year old, and 63 year old mom.
2/2010 Carnival Ecstasy Family Cruise
12/2010 Carnival Conquest New Years Cruise
11/2013 Carnival Magic Thanksgiving Cruise
6/2014 Carnival Miracle Alaska Cruise

Ad Sponsored By
Old September 20th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Cool

Beautiful facility. Food is just ok but drinks are great. Be aware, some people take "ulimited drinks" to the extreme. That may be a concern for the young as well as us seniors. Spent a couple of nights there and one day NCL pax were there.

Sorry. I was talking about the all-inclusive Reef Yucatan, but the same could be true.

Last edited by hdawson; September 20th, 2009 at 11:39 AM.

Old September 21st, 2009, 04:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default autoprogreso.com

I went to their website and just emailed my question about the Reef Club, got a very quick response back, was told it was 45.00 PP. My family and I have been there before always have had a good time, this is the first time we are booking through autoprogreso but i have read the reviews and almost all were very good.

Old September 21st, 2009, 06:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thatīs a good choice

When I went to Progreso , Autoprogreso Tours offered to my family the Reef Club Tour and includes the food, drinks and also the mayan ruins, I guess is xcambo. And itīs $45.

I donīt know if the same price now.

Old October 18th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyranie View Post
When I went to Progreso , Autoprogreso Tours offered to my family the Reef Club Tour and includes the food, drinks and also the mayan ruins, I guess is xcambo. And itīs $45.

I donīt know if the same price now.
How, and when did you book this, if you don't mind my asking? I'm taking my 2 teens plus they're eaching bringing their BFF alond in a week. The friends would like to see some Mayan Ruins, but also have a beach experience, so I'm considering this excursion. Can you speak to how the ruins experience was? Did you wait and book it with AutoProgresso when you got off the bus that takes you down the long pier at Progresso? Did you see people there offering this particular excursion?
Carnival Elation ...Aug 2004
Norwegian Sun ...Jan 2006
Carnival Conquest ...Oct/Nov 2006
Carnival Conquest ...Oct 2007
Carnival Fantasy ...June 2009
Carnival Fantasy ...Oct 2009 ---We Got The Owner's Suite, Baby!
Carnival Fantasy ...March 2010
Carnival Miracle ...June 2011

(plus numerous land trips to places including Ireland, London, Paris, Amsterdam, DisneyWorld, Disneyland, Northern Calif, Southern Calif, New York City/Manhattan, etc. Can you tell I love to travel? LOL)

Old November 24th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hey Gang,

I'm curious if anyone has done this tour recently? Any tips or points of interest to mention? Thank you!

Magic - 11/16/2014 - Isla Roatan, Belize, Cozumel
Sunshine - 11/18/2013 - New Orleans, Cayman Islands, Cozumel
Triumph - 01/28/2013 - Progreso, Cozumel
Triumph - 11/24/2012 - Progreso, Cozumel
Triumph - 02/18/2012 - Progreso, Cozumel
Magic - 11/14/2011 - Costa Maya, Cozumel
Imagination - 05/13/2011 - Nassau Bahamas
Ecstasy - 11/27/2010 - Progreso, Cozumel
Elation - 04/19/2010 - Catalina Island, Ensenada
Elation - 04/15/2010 - San Diego, Cabo San Lucas
Ecstasy - 11/28/2009 - Progreso, Cozumel
Conquest - 09/20/2009 - Key West, Freeport Bahamas, Nassau Bahamas
Ecstasy - 11/29/2008 - Progreso, Cozumel
Conquest - 05/11/2008 - Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Cozumel

Old December 20th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Iīm going to Progreso!!!

Hello,

I will be in Progreso on December 28th and Iīm really excited that Iīve booked this tour. Iīm paying only $49 dlls. pp and the Tour Agent told me that includes meals, beverages, private beach, pools, etc, in a very nice resort. After that they will take us to the Ruins of Xcambo. autoprogresotours@hotmail.com

Carnival Triumph
8 days and counting!!

Old December 20th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Quote:
Hello,

I will be in Progreso on December 28th and Iīm really excited that Iīve booked this tour. Iīm paying only $49 dlls. pp and the Tour Agent told me that includes meals, beverages, private beach, pools, etc, in a very nice resort. After that they will take us to the Ruins of Xcambo. autoprogresotours@hotmail.com

Carnival Triumph
8 days and counting!!
I hope you have a really terrific cruise! And enjoy your excursion....it sounds great!
Carnival Elation ...Aug 2004
Norwegian Sun ...Jan 2006
Carnival Conquest ...Oct/Nov 2006
Carnival Conquest ...Oct 2007
Carnival Fantasy ...June 2009
Carnival Fantasy ...Oct 2009 ---We Got The Owner's Suite, Baby!
Carnival Fantasy ...March 2010
Carnival Miracle ...June 2011

(plus numerous land trips to places including Ireland, London, Paris, Amsterdam, DisneyWorld, Disneyland, Northern Calif, Southern Calif, New York City/Manhattan, etc. Can you tell I love to travel? LOL)

Old January 1st, 2010, 01:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am looking at this tour also but trying to figure out how long it takes to get to DZ, Xcambo or Uxmal! Does anyone know? My dd does not do well on long car rides. This will help us decide which one to see.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Reef Club Questions

Has anyone recently gone to the Reef Club thru Autoprogresso? Where r they when u get to dock in Progresso? How long is the time u are gone? Is it better than the Corona beach break?

Old January 5th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default I would do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairtech9385 View Post
Has anyone recently gone to the Reef Club thru Autoprogresso? Where r they when u get to dock in Progresso? How long is the time u are gone? Is it better than the Corona beach break?
Hola,

It has been a couple of years since we were in Progreso, but the AutoProgreso tour to Reef Yucatan is pretty nice. You can book at the flea market (tourist trap) where they drop you off. I believe that it was $45 when we were there. The Xcambo Ruins are pretty small but nice and the resort is gorgeous with one of the prettiest pools that I have seen. There is a special area with plenty of toys for the kids, and there is a volleyball court on the beach. The tour leaves you plenty of time for shopping in town.

The Corona Beach Break is a waste of money. You can walk to the beach from the flea market and have your pick of places on the beach right next to the Corona thing. The waiters will serve you right on the beach. We hung out in front of Le Saint Bonnet. If you want fresh fish this place is hard to beat. It is right in front of the local fish market. I have also seen good reviews on Buddy's, and Flamingo's.

Celebration: Dec: 2002
Elation: Dec. 2003
Elation: Jan. 2005
Elation: Feb. 6, 2006
Grand Princess: Nov. 25, 2006
Splendour of the Seas: March 26, 2007
Holiday: Dec. 3, 2007
Holiday: Dec. 1, 2008
Valor: Nov. 29, 2009
Elation: Jan. 9, 2011
Valor: Jan. 29, 2012
Destiny: April 2012
Navigator of the Seas: Dec. 1, 2012
Victory May 13, 2013
Jewel: Dec. 8, 2013

Old January 6th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

How was your experience thru autoprogresso? I'm thinking of doing the same. We sail out Jan.18th 2010

Old January 6th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackey View Post
Hola,

It has been a couple of years since we were in Progreso, but the AutoProgreso tour to Reef Yucatan is pretty nice. You can book at the flea market (tourist trap) where they drop you off. I believe that it was $45 when we were there. The Xcambo Ruins are pretty small but nice and the resort is gorgeous with one of the prettiest pools that I have seen. There is a special area with plenty of toys for the kids, and there is a volleyball court on the beach. The tour leaves you plenty of time for shopping in town.

The Corona Beach Break is a waste of money. You can walk to the beach from the flea market and have your pick of places on the beach right next to the Corona thing. The waiters will serve you right on the beach. We hung out in front of Le Saint Bonnet. If you want fresh fish this place is hard to beat. It is right in front of the local fish market. I have also seen good reviews on Buddy's, and Flamingo's.
Thank you

Old January 20th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cool

Does autoprogreso have a website? I cannot seem to find one.

Thanks in advance.

Old January 21st, 2010, 07:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Yes, they have a website but they can show you more explicit pictures if you contact them. I donīt know if still available but this is the email address I reserved my tour autoprogresotours@hotmail.com

HAVE FUN!!!!

Old January 21st, 2010, 08:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up

Quote:
yes, they have a website but they can show you more explicit pictures if you contact them. I donīt know if still available but this is the email address i reserved my tour autoprogresotours@hotmail.com

have fun!!!!
hi cy,

i agree 100% . Just got back from progreso last week and the email address you show is still available; actually a woman named christy email me back and she showed me amazing pics.