Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old August 23rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Obstructed View cabins from Golden Princess - Emerald deck!

Here is my album of Obstructed view cabins. For those with concerns, these pics were taken while the cabins were vacant. Pictures were taken between 8 am and 8:36 am according to the cheap watch I was wearing at the time. The view might not be precise due to camera angle, inexperience photographer, and lightening but is a fair representation of what you will see. The aft balcony, cabin E730 with beam is included

http://travel.webshots.com/album/574160357udMMZr?start=0

There might be 40 -45 decent shots of the obstructed view.

Enjoy and Ciao

Last edited by kooljamming; August 23rd, 2009 at 11:29 AM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
10,000+ Club

Thanks for taking the time to do this. There are so many requests for 'examples of what the view will be like' that I am sure this thread will get referred to many times in the future.

Been There Done That: Crown Princess April 2013, Crown Princess Oct/Nov 2012, Grand Princess Dec 2011, Sapphire Princess March 2011, Emerald Princess July 2010, Maui by Kayak March 2008, Grand Princess March 2007 (Man Overboard Cruise) Carnival Spirit March 2006, Golden Princess June 2004, Star Princess July 2002, Ryndam June 1998, Nordic Prince 1986, Norway 1984

Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
5,000+ Club

Looks like you were really busy at 8:00 am......thanks so much for sharing your findings with everyone!!!

Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:54 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Thank you, great job! Think you covered just about every angle

Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks! That was a great idea.

Pacific Princess 7/00-Bermuda, Grand Princess 8/03- Eastern Caribbean, Coral Princess 12/05-Panama Canal, Coral Princess 5/06-Coastal, Diamond Princess 11/06-Mexican Riveria, Grand Princess 12/07- Western Caribbean, Sapphire Princess 2/09-Mexican Riveria, Golden Princess 7/10-Alaska, Caribbean Princess 7/11-Eastern Caribbean, Ruby Princess 11/11-Eastern Caribbean, Crown Princess 2/13-Eastern Caribbean, Disney Dream 7/13-Bahamas, Crown Princess 2/14-Southern Caribbean

Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Talking

Kooljamming - thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I have saved this thread in my Favorites! Even though our upcoming room on the Golden (E414) is not pictured, I can use my imagination to kind of fill in what might be between the pictures of E412 and E416. (The guests in E414 must have been late checking out )

I have one quick question. In an Obstructed View room on the Golden is the bed right under the window or is it away from the window so you can stand at the window and look out? I have seen it pictured both ways on the Princess website.
Star Princess (Greek Isles) 10/11
Crown Princess (Canada/New England) 9/10
Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal) 9/09
Star Princess (Seattle/Vancouver) 9/09
Coral Princess (Alaska) 7/08
Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal) 9/07
Dawn Princess (Mexican Riviera) 10/06

Last edited by 2pbears; August 23rd, 2009 at 01:14 PM.

Old August 24th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks so much for doing this! We're in E404 on the Grand in January and now know exactly what to expect outside our window!!
Itineraries: Caribbean (eastern, southern, western), Alaska (northbound, southbound, inside passage, 11-day out of SF), Hawaii, Mexican Riviera, Panama Canal transit (both directions), Europe (Rome to Copenhagen, eastern Mediterranean, Holland-Belgium river cruise), TA (England, Norway, Faeroes, Iceland, Greenland, Halifax, NYC), 2 TA (Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen--9 ports in between), TA (England, Ireland, Greenland, Newfoundland, NYC),
TA (Venice, Italy, France, Spain Portugal, FLL), TA (Copenhagen, Oslo, Kristiansand, Greennock, Scotland, Halifax NS, Saint John NB, NYC)

Next cruise:
Sep. 2014 - Celebrity Eclipse RT from Southampton to western Mediterranean

Old August 24th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you for doing this, great job. Will help people who have never been in an obstructed view room to get an idea of what they will be seeing or not seeing.

Old August 24th, 2009, 12:45 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pbears View Post
I have one quick question. In an Obstructed View room on the Golden is the bed right under the window or is it away from the window so you can stand at the window and look out? I have seen it pictured both ways on the Princess website.
If you have the room set up as twins, you can stand between the beds and look out. If set up as a queen the bed is centered under the window.

Been There Done That: Crown Princess April 2013, Crown Princess Oct/Nov 2012, Grand Princess Dec 2011, Sapphire Princess March 2011, Emerald Princess July 2010, Maui by Kayak March 2008, Grand Princess March 2007 (Man Overboard Cruise) Carnival Spirit March 2006, Golden Princess June 2004, Star Princess July 2002, Ryndam June 1998, Nordic Prince 1986, Norway 1984

Old August 24th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylandtk View Post
If you have the room set up as twins, you can stand between the beds and look out. If set up as a queen the bed is centered under the window.
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the response.
Star Princess (Greek Isles) 10/11
Crown Princess (Canada/New England) 9/10
Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal) 9/09
Star Princess (Seattle/Vancouver) 9/09
Coral Princess (Alaska) 7/08
Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal) 9/07
Dawn Princess (Mexican Riviera) 10/06

Old August 24th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylandtk View Post
That wasn't the case with my sister's stateroom, E311, on the Golden Princess. They had the bed made up as a queen and it was against the wall, not underneath the window. Great obstructed view, they looked over a shorter lifeboat. She saw whales and orcas from her stateroom!

Previous cruises
Disney Magic - W. Caribbean - October 2012
Golden Princess -Alaska - August 2009
Galapagos Aggressor II - September 2008
Dawn Princess - Mexican Riviera - April 2008
Disney Wonder - Bahamas - December 1999
Carnival Fascination - S. Caribbean Wedding - September 1998
Empress of the Seas - Bahamas - December 1993

Last edited by Scubagal1; August 24th, 2009 at 01:17 PM.

Old August 30th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default E605, e607

This is a very helpful thread.

Has anyone stayed in E605 or E607? We're booked on the Star (sister to Golden) and they appear to have decent views from the deck plan.

Old August 30th, 2009, 11:04 AM
10,000+ Club

Very helpful info. I've been obsessing over whether our obstructed view room (E404 on Ruby) will be sufficient for our Med cruise. It looks like we will have a pretty good view!

Old August 30th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default I'm confused

We put a hold on E401 this past Friday (Grand Princess) and from the diagrams it shows no lifeboats outside. There are several cabins like this and also some further back on the ship. Your pictures are showing a lot of machinery and paraphenalia outside. I'm wondering if it is the same on the Grand as on the Golden. Our travel agent did call Princess directly and they told her "they didn't know." Has anyone actually booked that cabin? I don't want to put a deposit on it until I actually know what gives. Thanks a lot. The pictures are a huge help.

Old August 30th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Cool Cruiser

first time on princess...we are in E623 on the crown....from the deck plan i have it looks like we can peer out between two lifeboats....we will be almost at the bow of the smaller life boat...last one in the lifeboat line starboard side....

a cruise is pretty darn good no matter what your view is.....IMHO

Old August 30th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

I understand that cabin E210 does not have a lifeboat in front of it on the Star Princess. Is that correct?
Ontario Cruiser

Old August 30th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Kooljamming
Thank you so much for taking the time to take the photos. I know how
rushed we all on the day of disembarking and for you to do this, a big thanks.
I relied on your photos when we booked our aft cabin on the Star and it made me so excited and looked forward to our cruise.
We past your ship, we were on the Star as you entered Tracy Arm. Okay, which passengers yelled the loudest? By the way I love your sense of humor, enjoy reading your postings.
Thanks again.
San Diego Sue

Old August 30th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondeckatsea View Post
We put a hold on E401 this past Friday (Grand Princess) and from the diagrams it shows no lifeboats outside. There are several cabins like this and also some further back on the ship. Your pictures are showing a lot of machinery and paraphenalia outside. I'm wondering if it is the same on the Grand as on the Golden. Our travel agent did call Princess directly and they told her "they didn't know." Has anyone actually booked that cabin? I don't want to put a deposit on it until I actually know what gives. Thanks a lot. The pictures are a huge help.
Your 401 cabin doesn't have a lifeboat in front of it, but there's a lot of "tackle" of one kind or another in front of the E cabins in the middle like that. We checked this out on the Star last Fall since we were planning to book on the Golden for Hawaii. I booked us into 415, which looks over the front of one of the small boats, since this looked to me to be less obstructed than the one in the middle.

Old August 30th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by san diego sue View Post
Kooljamming
Thank you so much for taking the time to take the photos. I know how
rushed we all on the day of disembarking and for you to do this, a big thanks.
I relied on your photos when we booked our aft cabin on the Star and it made me so excited and looked forward to our cruise.
We past your ship, we were on the Star as you entered Tracy Arm. Okay, which passengers yelled the loudest? By the way I love your sense of humor, enjoy reading your postings.
Thanks again.
San Diego Sue
Thanks for finding the humor above all in my posts. I was just reminded how unnecessarily cruel some posters on CC can be. Thanks for making me smile. Just for you, our ships going by!

Old August 30th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

good pictures.the picture of e 618 gives me
a good idea what kind of view i will have.
again,thanks.