Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old July 29th, 2009, 08:26 PM
30,000+ Club

I think they will try and keep you in the same room or category, unless you changed it for the 2nd cruise.

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:08 PM
30,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper69 View Post
That's wishful thinking. If its lower I'd love to do the round trip, we just won't tell the DH that I've booked both. Ooops reality check. Doing both cruises regardless of price are really out of the question.

Pai, I do have a question about b2b cruises. Not sure if I'm stealing the thread. Sorry

I have booked b2b on Sapphire in Dec. the deal I got was an AE guarantee on both departures, great price its was almost like getting 2 weeks for the price of one. The reservations have been cross referenced with each other. Will they look at this and assign the same cabin for both cruises?
Can I call Princess and ask them to take this into consideration?

We're not fussy so if we have to change rooms no big deal. The savings are worth it.

Anthony
Anthony,

Chances are almost guaranteed that you'll be in the same cabin. Princess doesn't want you to move any more than you want to move. Any time we or our friends have had a guarantee on a B2B, at no time did anyone not get the same cabin.

Old July 29th, 2009, 09:10 PM
30,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodman View Post
Pia believe me if we could round up about $14,000 we would be going. Presently after our Calif Group cruise, I am looking for 2011, the TA out of Rome back to Ft Lauderdale on the Navigator. I did check out the Voyager out of Barcelona, but preferred the Rome Itnerary. I see your on the TA with Dave and his wife. ( Cruisennorth) They were going on our Hawaii Cruise this past Oct but family plans caused them to change.

Gay
For now. But if we end up booking this 59 day Sapphire, that one conflicts with this one.

Old July 29th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia1913 View Post
The one I just saw pop up this morning which will not go on sale until Friday. It's 9/22/10 SF to Sydney for 30 days and then 29 days from SYD to LA. No long distance flying. We will be looking at it.
We're doing this itinerary this year on the Star. It's nice to know they are offering it again next year.

Old July 29th, 2009, 10:40 PM
30,000+ Club

59 Days sounds almost like a World Cruise but not quite unless its b2b2b2b. A couple on our Hawaii Cruise did the 46 Day around the Horn. That one looked really interesting.

Gay

Old July 31st, 2009, 01:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Sapphire Sep/Oct 2010 B2B Transpacific Schedule released

Pia,

Your transpacific b2b is now on the Princess website. OMG, I can't wait to see the pricing....

Anthony

My Big Fella & Daddy's Little Girl[IMG]

Old July 31st, 2009, 07:51 AM
30,000+ Club

Quote:
Pia,

Your transpacific b2b is now on the Princess website. OMG, I can't wait to see the pricing....

Anthony
Supposed to come up on the 31st and here it is. I was surprised to see the itinerary; didn't know it was starting in Seattle. I imagine pricing will be along shortly.

Old July 31st, 2009, 07:59 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Supposed to come up on the 31st and here it is. I was surprised to see the itinerary; didn't know it was starting in Seattle. I imagine pricing will be along shortly.
Pia - this IS the 31st.
I guess you lose track of time when you're having fun!

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance

Lee Ann Womack

Old July 31st, 2009, 09:02 AM
30,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamima View Post
Pia - this IS the 31st.
I guess you lose track of time when you're having fun!
Yes, I know it's the 31st. And the itinerary is listed, but w/o pricing.

Old July 31st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Yes, I know it's the 31st. And the itinerary is listed, but w/o pricing.
Pricing is in. I tried to reserve on-line had a price on an AD $4350.00 but wanted full payment now So I called Princess and my reservation timed out and the price changed to $5395.00. I'm still going but I'll wait and see what my TA can do and I don't want to drop 20% deposit today.

Anthony

Old August 1st, 2009, 05:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontoretire View Post
It depends on what length of cruise you prefer and if you are port type people or days at sea people. We enjoyed the B2B Southern Carribean which saw 11 different islands in 14 days.
I did this back in March. While it was nice to be able to see so many islands in one trip, I did not like (or anticipate) the 2nd week being a mirror image of the 1st one other than the ports -- same menus, same entertainment, same presentations! So that's something to keep in mind when doing a B2B, although I think most pairings are different routes/lengths so the duplication should be less pronounced.

Old August 1st, 2009, 05:29 PM
30,000+ Club

Quote:
Pricing is in. I tried to reserve on-line had a price on an AD $4350.00 but wanted full payment now So I called Princess and my reservation timed out and the price changed to $5395.00. I'm still going but I'll wait and see what my TA can do and I don't want to drop 20% deposit today.

Anthony
I put both on my "watch" list. Can't do anything until I acquire more FCC's, so will have to wait until on the Coral next month. I would grab an AD for $4350 in a hearbeat.

Old August 1st, 2009, 05:51 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
I put both on my "watch" list. Can't do anything until I acquire more FCC's, so will have to wait until on the Coral next month. I would grab an AD for $4350 in a hearbeat.
HI may i ask what is FCC
Holland: 11 voyages 152 days
Norwegian: 2 voyages; 16 days
Princess: 16 voyages; 154 days
Royal Carib: 5 voyages; 35 days
Vantage: River 2 voyage 39 days
GRAND TOTAL: 66 Cruises 604 days

NOT YET SAILED
Holland Eurodam 8/14 -18 days
Princess Coral 10/14-11 days
Holland Prinsendam 11/14 -28 days
Holland Ryndam 1/15 -14 days
Holland Maasdam 3/15 -14 days
Holland Rotterdam 4/15 - 18 days
Holland Veendam 6/15 - 14 days
Vantage River Cruise 8/15 - 21 days
Holland Prinsendam 10/15 - 28 days

Old August 1st, 2009, 06:24 PM
30,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by we're sailing away.... View Post
HI may i ask what is FCC
FCC = Future Cruise Credit. You buy FCC's only while on board for $100 each. This is good as your entire deposit on any Princess cruise and you also get an amount of shipboard credit depending on the length of the cruise. You need not book a cruise at the time of purchase; you have four years in which to use your FCC. If you don't use it you get your money back. We cruise a lot and always have many FCC's on hand. However, if you look at my sig you will note that we have 9 cruises booked and I am currently w/o FCC's. I would never book a cruise w/o one, since I'd have to put down 20% and would not be getting my appropriate OBC. BTW, the OBC you get is per person, not per cabin.

Did I cover it? Did this answer your question?

Old August 1st, 2009, 06:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

We have just changed our booking - or rather added to it. We were booked on the Santiago to Rio cruise on the Star Princess in December, but have now decided (because the difference in price, proportionately, is not that great) to do the B2B from L.A. We have FCCs for the original cruise booked, but of course not for the first part. And we will have to change cabins, as the one we booked originally apparently isn't available for the first part.

Has anyone got experience of doing something like that? We used the same Travel Agent (British). If we'd done the whole thing originally we would probably booked it through a US travel agent, and arranged our own flights etc. but I don't dare take the risk of cancelling outright and trying to re-book, as it seems this cruise is selling out fast now, and our T.A. has been really helpful, and probably in the end the cost wouldn't have been much different. It's the flights from the UK that bump up our costs.

Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:09 AM
Cool Cruiser

Pia,

I hope I'm not highjacking this thread but....Your considering doing the Transpacific B2B.

Have you ever removed a FCC from an upcoming cruise, paid for that cruise in full early and used the FCC for another cruise?

I am booked for a B2B Mex Riv in Dec. and have used one FCC for each cruise. As you know I want to book Syd-LA 23 Oct 2010. I am sooo excited I want to do it NOW. No way am I going to miss this cruise, I thought they were'nt going to do it in 2010 when the schedule for vthe Star didn't include these sailings.

Do you think I could pay for the Mex Riv. in full early/now, remove my FCC on one of the sailings and apply it to the Transpacific? I don't want to wait until December and buy more FCCs to make the Transpacific reservation. The only other option is to wait for a reduced deposit sale, I don't want to pay 20% ($2,000) for a cruise late 2010 unless I absolutely have to.

Anthony

Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Anthony,
I didn't have enough FCC's remaining in inventory to book the transpacific b2b, so I did just that - removed an FCC from an upcoming cruise, and used it to hold the second part of the b2b. When I get on board at the end of this month, I will get more FCC's and add the second person to the second part of the b2b. For now, the reservation is in place.
Now, waiting for price drops..........

Ginger

Upcoming: August 2014 Caribbean Princess b2b; Oct/Nov 2014 Royal Princess b2b; May-June 2015 Grand Princess b2b ; Sept Caribbean Princess t/a; Oct-Nov 2015 Caribbean Princess b2b
Completed: April 2014 Caribbean Princess; February 2014 Ruby Princess b2b Caribbean;October/November 2012 Grand Princess b2b Canary Islands and crossing; January 2012 Emerald Princess Caribbean; October 2011 Ruby Princess b2b Med and crossing; August 2011 Sea Princess Alaska; March 2011 Coral Princess, Panama Canal; Feb 2011 Grand Princess S. Caribbean, Oct 2010 Crown Princess Western Caribbean, July 2010 Caribbean Princess New York r/t Bermuda,etc., April 2010 Golden Princess Hawaii, Dec 2009 Crown Princess W. Carribean, August/September 2009 Caribbean Princess b2b Canada/New England, Jan 2009 b2b Emerald Princess S. Caribbean, September 2008 Tahitian Princess Alaska, April 2008 Coral Princess Panama Canal and repo, January 2008 Dawn Princess Mexican Riviera, December 2007 Grand Princess Western Caribbean, May/June 2007 Sapphire Princess Whittier to Vancouver,May 2007 Sapphire Princess Vancouver to Whittier,May 2007 Sapphire Princess LA to Vancouver, January 2007 Golden Princess W. Carribean ,January 2007 Golden Princess, October 2006 Caribbean Princess W.Carribean, March 2006 Island Princess Hawaii, October 2005 Sea Princess Quebec to FLL, August 2005 Caribbean Princess, April 2005 Regal Princess Panama Canal ,November 2004 Coral Princess Panama Canal, August 2004 Grand Princess,(marrried my DH aboard the Grand Princess on August 4, 2004 in the Baltic Sea),October 2002 Grand Princess E. Caribbean,1970's and 1980'2: 3 Cruises Royal Caribbean and 2 cruises NCL

Old August 2nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Pia,

I hope I'm not highjacking this thread but....Your considering doing the Transpacific B2B.

Have you ever removed a FCC from an upcoming cruise, paid for that cruise in full early and used the FCC for another cruise?

Anthony
Anthony, we did just that about 6 weeks ago. I had put down two FCC's on a cruise just over a year ago for a 10 day Tahiti cruise. Since then, I had used all my FCC's and was FCC-less. Then a stateroom popped up for the cruise right before ours that we wanted. My TA took one of the FCC's from the original booking, and used it for the Hawaii to Tahiti portion so we could book the B2B using one FCC for each. It is very doable and the TA had it done in minutes.

Old August 2nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
30,000+ Club

With all the cruises we currently have booked, I know I can borrow one or two FCC's from any of them. I use one per person, so that would even make it easier.

However, my husband and I are not in complete agreement on the transpacific, so meanwhile I'll just keep my other fall 2010 bookings intact. It would be very easy to just cancel the Med and use those FCC's for the Pacific, since the dates conflict and we certainly can't do both. I'm sure the Sapphire will not be selling out and we will still be able to find availability even if we wait until October.

Old August 2nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannycb View Post
Another vote here for the Vancouver to Whittier and back to Vancouver. There is just the right mix of port and sea days for a wonderful trip. Do it in early May and you get beautiful views of snow covered mountains and it's too early for mosquitoes. We did it on the Island Princess - our favorite ship.
I was told we can't do this because of the Jones act? Princess told me no B2B in AK ever. We so badly wanted to go B2B and thought Vancouver would be ok as a foreing port. Was told it did not count. Did you take a different ship to go back to back?? Or was I misinformed?

Thanks!

Katherine

Star Princess SFO to Alaska June 2014