Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Friends who sailed The LEGEND - 1/6/05

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 15th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey Pat....we were 30, at most yesterday, with 3-4" accumulation.

I worked 6 hours today, in Colorado Springs, in a t-shirt all day...mid 60's

Thursday is our next winter storm warning!

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 15th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

And YUMMMMMMM..... pizza and a BBQ.......

Old April 16th, 2014, 01:36 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccrguy View Post
Saturday-- 72 degrees went on an easter egg hunt-- had real Chicago style pizza--Sunday 73 degrees-- bbq,d outside-- woke up this morning-- 3 inches of snow on the ground--29 degrees-- I need to get back south real fast.....
I saw that your season ended-- last day too-- come on over to our wagon-- the ride may not be very long but what the heck!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo7595 View Post
Hey Pat....we were 30, at most yesterday, with 3-4" accumulation.

I worked 6 hours today, in Colorado Springs, in a t-shirt all day...mid 60's

Thursday is our next winter storm warning!
This is the winter that won't end. We woke up to the same white covering yesterday and some is still hanging around. Should be gone though by tomorrow, just in time to get the jackhammer going and remove a concrete sidewalk

Pat, already on the Hawks wagon and looking forward to that series. Hopefully the Blues don't wake back up any time soon.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=23900&dateline=1332257241

Old April 17th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

Our winter storm started earlier than expected yesterday. I was working in light drizzle yesterday starting at 2pm....decided to quit at 3pm......and drove home in a slushy, messy winter wonderland.

Then watched it snow and snow and snow all evening.

6" more up here

Back to the 60's and 70's for the remainder of the week.

Old April 17th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveNcindy View Post
This is the winter that won't end. We woke up to the same white covering yesterday and some is still hanging around. Should be gone though by tomorrow, just in time to get the jackhammer going and remove a concrete sidewalk .
Don't you think your head is "rattled" enough already Steve? Adding a jackhammer to the mix is not going to improve things ya know! Plus, it puts us ALL in danger.....(electrical components!)

Good luck....let us know how those shoulder muscles are feeling when you're done!

Old April 17th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Don't you think your head is "rattled" enough already Steve? Adding a jackhammer to the mix is not going to improve things ya know! Plus, it puts us ALL in danger.....(electrical components!)

Good luck....let us know how those shoulder muscles are feeling when you're done!
Lisa-- your forgetting--- there's nothing left to rattle sooo-- no harm no foul!!!!
Finally made it home last nite--- late--- flight was better than expected considering half the flight was under 14!!! Forgot about that whole Easter-- week thing....By the time we got our bags-- picked up the car and drove home it was 10:30pm---
We both commented on how the old house was awful awful quiet... but we facetimed the kids this morning and all is fine...Even talked a couple of friends into joining us on that "monster of the seas" cruise in Feb... Got rain in the forcast for the next three days-- but "IT AIN"T SNOW BRUDDER"!!!!!
1/24/2010
Carnival Miracle VT cruisers 1/24/2009
Carnival legend(again) valentines day 2/12/2007
Carnival Legend cruise critic group cruise 1/6/2005
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Costa Atlantica 3/26/2001
Carnival triumph 1/8/2000
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987
Uss Mauna Loa 1969/70 (hey it was a cruise)
13 cruises and still counting

Old April 18th, 2014, 10:38 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:

They don't feel good at all It was like holding an earthquake in your hands for an hours or so. All done though and small manageable pieces left to pick up and put in the dumpster tomorrow.

Quote:
Lisa-- your forgetting--- there's nothing left to rattle sooo-- no harm no foul!!!!
Finally made it home last nite--- late--- flight was better than expected considering half the flight was under 14!!! Forgot about that whole Easter-- week thing....By the time we got our bags-- picked up the car and drove home it was 10:30pm---
We both commented on how the old house was awful awful quiet... but we facetimed the kids this morning and all is fine...Even talked a couple of friends into joining us on that "monster of the seas" cruise in Feb... Got rain in the forcast for the next three days-- but "IT AIN"T SNOW BRUDDER"!!!!!
Bet Maria is really missing the babies right now. Maybe you should get her a puppy to fill the void

Figured I may get to see the whole Hawks game last night since they weren't on the left coast, so much for that thought Going to be a good series though

Happy Easter weekend too

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=23900&dateline=1332257241

Old April 18th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
They don't feel good at all It was like holding an earthquake in your hands for an hours or so. All done though and small manageable pieces left to pick up and put in the dumpster tomorrow.

Bet Maria is really missing the babies right now. Maybe you should get her a puppy to fill the void

Figured I may get to see the whole Hawks game last night since they weren't on the left coast, so much for that thought Going to be a good series though

Happy Easter weekend too
No puppies in this house!!! Already got the picky- choosy cat!!!
She is a little-- good thing we got that facebook/Skype thing going....
I barely made it thru the 1st ot-- after that I wished them luck and called it a night.... Hows the muscles today???
1/24/2010
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987

Old April 19th, 2014, 07:39 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Hows the muscles today???
Felt like someone hit me across the upper back with a 2 x 4 all day yesterday. Better this morning but that won't last, now we have to move all the rubble to the waste bin today

After that is done and the small deck out back moved we can start laying out the new design

Old April 19th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hey Pat.....which do you prefer, Skype or FaceTime.? I use Skype when calling my brother up, but obviously have FaceTime on the IPad, and have never used it! Better? Worse? Same?

Old April 19th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

Earthquakes and 2x4's........ Good analogies! Lolol

Off to try and work downtown.....super cloudy, and showers predicted, the rainy type! Possible first thunderstorms of the season

Old April 20th, 2014, 10:20 AM
5,000+ Club

Turns out the jackhammer was the easy part of the job Took Cindy and I a couple of hours but we got all the concrete moved to the bin. Needless to say we didn't do much after that except sit and whine at each other on the deck and do Rock Paper Scissors to determine who had to get up and get the next drink.

At least it is done and we can get on to more fun jobs

Lisa, when Jess was in Brazil we used both Skype and Facetime. Found connecting on Skype was a little iffy sometimes but that could be the internet service in Brazil.

Old April 20th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Turns out the jackhammer was the easy part of the job Took Cindy and I a couple of hours but we got all the concrete moved to the bin. Needless to say we didn't do much after that except sit and whine at each other on the deck and do Rock Paper Scissors to determine who had to get up and get the next drink.

At least it is done and we can get on to more fun jobs

Lisa, when Jess was in Brazil we used both Skype and Facetime. Found connecting on Skype was a little iffy sometimes but that could be the internet service in Brazil.
I'm a little concerned about what you would consider "more fun jobs"??? You mean like rebuilding the Canadian electric grid??? or -- world peace??? Or getting the Leafs to win a cup
Lisa We use both skype and facetime-- Facetime connects really quick but sometimes the connection gets - bumpy- and that's when I'm hitting on lightning fast internet speeds... When that happens we switch over to skype-- Skype, i think actually has better picture quality..
1/24/2010
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987

Old April 21st, 2014, 06:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

So here it is. My day off....and also my massage day, ahhhhhh

So I come home after my massage....and decide I just can't stand one more minute of looking at my dilapidated wood rack (handmade monster, put together years ago) sitting at the bottom of my driveway. So I drag Steve out there.....with circular saw in hand.....and whallahhhhh.....it's (mostly) gone! After dragging all the pieces/parts up to Steve's truck (and finding more crap laying around the property), we are ready once more to head to "The Reusable Store" and DONATE! Thank goodness they'll take all that old, used, weathered lumber!

My massage is now history.......owwwwwchhhhhh

Old April 21st, 2014, 07:17 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
So here it is. My day off....and also my massage day, ahhhhhh

So I come home after my massage....and decide I just can't stand one more minute of looking at my dilapidated wood rack (handmade monster, put together years ago) sitting at the bottom of my driveway. So I drag Steve out there.....with circular saw in hand.....and whallahhhhh.....it's (mostly) gone! After dragging all the pieces/parts up to Steve's truck (and finding more crap laying around the property), we are ready once more to head to "The Reusable Store" and DONATE! Thank goodness they'll take all that old, used, weathered lumber!

My massage is now history.......owwwwwchhhhhh
Oh man!!! I think we're all commin down with that dreaded "Canadian Steve" disease!!! Today-- 4 mile walk-- followed by a complete wash and wax job on the car- followed by the semi-annual house wash the siding (well 3/4 quarters done) I sure hope this is a short lived sickness
1/24/2010
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987

Old April 22nd, 2014, 07:39 AM
5,000+ Club

LOL, I was quite happy to go to my office yesterday and not have to do anything physical Still feeling the effects of the weekend so another chair and computer day will be good.

Hawks are back in it now Pat, that series is good and nasty

Wish we had a re use it store here, had to send a ton of pressure treated wood to the dump this weekend.

Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:19 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Wish we had a re use it store here, had to send a ton of pressure treated wood to the dump this weekend.
We are sooooo thankful....Waste Management charges $80 for a "small" pickup bed load, bed high, and $100 for a "large" pickup bed load, bed high!!! And "unsecured" loads "will be charged double", whatever the heck that means. Our Restore takes everything, and I mean everything and anything.

Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
We are sooooo thankful....Waste Management charges $80 for a "small" pickup bed load, bed high, and $100 for a "large" pickup bed load, bed high!!! And "unsecured" loads "will be charged double", whatever the heck that means. Our Restore takes everything, and I mean everything and anything.
We have a county recycle center that we can take our things to.. Haven't been there much since most of our "household stuff" is still kinda new...
Great day today!!! Sunny -- hit about 83 -- so far low humidity== tho that'll change real soon... Pretty much got all the "spring chores" done.. I'll be settling down for the game tonite -- at 9:30--- will probably be lucky to make it past the first two periods!!!!!
1/24/2010
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987

Old Today, 07:37 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
The bin for the concrete last weekend was $220. Peggy has a store like that up where she is that is run by Habitat for Humanity, they just haven't made their way down here yet.

Quote:
.. I'll be settling down for the game tonite -- at 9:30--- will probably be lucky to make it past the first two periods!!!!!
The Hawks games on the West Coast ended earlier than these ones

Hope they play a full 60 minutes in St. Louis next game.