Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old May 14th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pbears View Post
Coral and Arizonaperson - If either of you eat at Sabatini's would you mind posting the name of the dessert on their menu that is a layered dessert consisting of thin crisp cookie-like wafers and cream. I believe the name begins with an "S" and it was maybe the third dessert down on the menu. DH said it was the best dessert he has ever eaten and I would love to search for the recipe but without a name that would be impossible. Would sure appreciate it if you get the chance.
Sabayon?

Old May 14th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Coral - Doug mentioned you are on the Sapphire. We will be on a July Alaskan cruise. Other than the flat screens, it seems that there were not any other changes to the cabins? We will be in a mini-suite, Dolphin deck.

Thanks in advance for any additional information.

Old May 14th, 2012, 10:30 PM
20,000+ Club

The flat screens were put in around January and February of 2011. The only other difference is the new deck furniture. We are on Emerald deck.

Old May 14th, 2012, 10:32 PM
20,000+ Club

[quote=CA Dave;33766530]Thanks for the Sapphire Live! report. We love the Sapphire and like what they did at the recent dry dock.

We were on the Sapphire a few weeks ago and I set down my library book (not Sapphire library, my local County library) while disembarking and it's lost! Princess didn't find it in the lost and found so I'm thinking someone assumed it was from the ships library and so maybe it's there.

I know it's only a 7 day cruise and you have plenty to do but if you are in the library please look to see if it's there.

'Already Gone' by John Rector. It will say Santa Clara County Library. Let me know if you find it.

Thanks!!![/QUOTE

I am on for 3 weeks so I can try to look.

Old May 15th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Cool Cruiser

Enjoying your live from and all the details. I've never been on the Sapphire but the improvements sound fantastic. Have a great cruise, Coral!
Sitmar, Home lines, Chandris, Dolphin, and others long gone but not forgotten

Photos: Our cruises
Most recent cruises:

Amsterdam - Panama Canal, SD-FLL, Christmas/NYE - 12/20/13
Veendam - Canada/New England B2B - 6/1/13
Maasdam - 3/8/13
Caribbean Princess - Christmas - 12/22/12
Crown Princess - Greek Isles, Venice-Rome - 6/17/12

Email: Email me

Old May 15th, 2012, 10:21 AM
5,000+ Club

Maureen - I haven't chatted with you but I can say I have followed some of your posts and it sounds like you and Garret have had some fabulous adventures! Antarctica! I will see if I can get in that room on turn around day. Marilyn (mii) had a front suite on a sailing and she posted pictures several years ago. It is an odd room, but large. I read that you got an upsell months in advance which is really weird. I am sure you will enjoy it! Yes - my mom is with me on this sailing

Theresa - I would love to get the chance to cruise with you and your mom again. I told the people on our role call to follow your thread for the Alaskan ports as you are such a veteran cruiser. Garrit had a wonderful time in Antarctica with our son. (who is heading back to Afghanistan as we speak - that's why we had to move the cruise forward a year from when we originally planned in 2013). We also had a wonderful time with a gathering old cruising friends on Oceania from Rio to Barcelona. Have a wonderful time on your trip - can't wait to read your posts!!
Maureen

Carribbean
CCL Pride 2002 RCL AOS 2003 Golden Princess 2004
Enchantment OTS 2007 Costa Mediterrania 2008 Sovereign OTS 2008
Oceania 2010 Solstice 2010 CCL Triumph 2011 Allure of the Seas 2013

New England/Canada
Golden Princess 2005

Alaska
NCL Sun 2000, Diamond Princess 2009, Sapphire Princess 2012

Coastal
Sun Princess 2004 Sapphire Princess 2004
Coral Princess 2006

Europe
Voyager 2006,2008
Crown Princess 2011
Viking Odin 2013

Australia/NewZealand
Sapphire Princess 2007

Bermuda
Azamara Journey 2007

Panama Canal
Island Princess 2007

Antarctica
Silver Explorer 2012

TransAtlantic
Oceania Insignia 2012

Polynesia
Oceania Marina 2014

Upcoming
Oceania Nautica
Mediterranean May 2016

Old May 15th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Theresa,
We sailed with you On the Star to Alaska in 2009.

I'm so excited that you get to cruise for 3 weeks!!!!! That woukd be my dream to spend 3 weeks in Alaska!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear more of your "Live"

Debbie

Old May 15th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
I am on for 3 weeks so I can try to look.
Thank you so much!

DZ

Stardancer, Admiral, Feb 1988 Mexican Riviera
Celebration, Carnival, May 1990 E Caribbean
Diamond Princess, Feb 2007, Mexican Riviera
Diamond Princess, Aug 2008, Alaska Glaciers
Sapphire Princess, Feb 2010, Mexican Riviera
Sea Princess, Sept 2010, RT SF, Alaska
Sapphire to Mexico, (no MZT) Feb 2012

Old May 15th, 2012, 02:35 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
The flat screens were put in around January and February of 2011. The only other difference is the new deck furniture. We are on Emerald deck.
Hi Coral...what cabin are you in on Emerald? We have an Emerald cabin booked on Sapphire Oct 2013...it is E731 and really excited about getting it.

Upcoming:
Jewel of the Seas ~ 9-26-15
Navigator of the Seas ~ 02-06-16

Past Cruises:
RCCL - 3, Celebrity - 1, Princess - 2, Holland America - 1, Carnival - 2, NCL - 2

Old May 15th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

We were on the Sapphire in July and had E715...great covered balcony mini-suite. It was one of the quietest cabins we have had.

I thought the ship was really nice in July so I'll bet it is even nicer now!
2000 - Ocean Princess - Panama Canal-FT (11)
2003 - Infinity - Hawaii (10)
2005 - Sun Princess, Caribbean (10)
2007 - Island Princess, Alaska Cruise+Land (10)
2008 - Jewel of the Seas, Caribbean (9)
2010 - Oasis of the Seas, Caribbean (7)
2011 - Sapphire Princess, Alaska (7)
2012 - Carnival Miracle, Caribbean (8)
2013 - Carnival Breeze, Caribbean (8)
2014 - Celebrity Silhouette, Caribbean (7)

Old May 15th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you for the feedback.

Old May 15th, 2012, 06:55 PM
20,000+ Club

Greetings from the day at sea.

Yesterday afternoon - SFO did get sunny and it turned out to be a nice day. Though it was cool in the evening when we sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge.

Today is our only sea day and the ship was quite busy. Yesterday morning (as we didn't get into port until 10) and this morning had a very busy breakfast crowd in the dining room. We went to the pizzeria again today for lunch and there was a line to get in. At one point, there were 20 people in line for the pizzeria. I asked one of the guys if it was crowded at night and he said no. While eating pizza in the atrium, I noticed the atrium went "pink" around the elevators. I don't remember reading this in the reviews but one of the waiters said they added this at dry dock. He said they go several colors but I just saw "pink".

The shops and atriums were quite busy today.

I have done this itinerary before and this seems to be a cooler trip then I remember.

The menus are slightly different then the last time we sailed. Also, I miss CNN. The formal nights were the 2nd night and in Astoria, not the day at sea.

Old May 15th, 2012, 07:00 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mringenoldus View Post
Maureen - I haven't chatted with you but I can say I have followed some of your posts and it sounds like you and Garret have had some fabulous adventures! Antarctica! I will see if I can get in that room on turn around day. Marilyn (mii) had a front suite on a sailing and she posted pictures several years ago. It is an odd room, but large. I read that you got an upsell months in advance which is really weird. I am sure you will enjoy it! Yes - my mom is with me on this sailing

Theresa - I would love to get the chance to cruise with you and your mom again. I told the people on our role call to follow your thread for the Alaskan ports as you are such a veteran cruiser. Garrit had a wonderful time in Antarctica with our son. (who is heading back to Afghanistan as we speak - that's why we had to move the cruise forward a year from when we originally planned in 2013). We also had a wonderful time with a gathering old cruising friends on Oceania from Rio to Barcelona. Have a wonderful time on your trip - can't wait to read your posts!!
Maureen
I think when we sailed with you, my brother was in Iraq and so was your son. Wishing your son good luck in Afghanistan. My friends son just came back 2 months early from there, hoping your son is not over there for too long!

I don't have much booked in Alaska as I am with my mom. We are doing a few boat rides. Not sure if my live reports will have much useful information . We are booked on the 26 glacier trip in Whittier and I am doing the 10 hour Tracy Arm boat ride. Trying to decide if we should do Misty Fiords via boat ride or not. I think we may just explore the town and play it by year.

Old May 15th, 2012, 07:01 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by msweeble1 View Post
Hi Theresa,
We sailed with you On the Star to Alaska in 2009.

I'm so excited that you get to cruise for 3 weeks!!!!! That woukd be my dream to spend 3 weeks in Alaska!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear more of your "Live"

Debbie
That trip was over the 4th of July and the last time I was in Alaska! We are doing a coastal and then 2 weeks in Alaska. Hoping for great weather like our last cruise!

Old May 15th, 2012, 07:02 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by roudy1 View Post
Hi Coral...what cabin are you in on Emerald? We have an Emerald cabin booked on Sapphire Oct 2013...it is E731 and really excited about getting it.
We are in E731 for 3 weeks. It is a great cabin!

I do have to add I am not a fan of the new chairs on deck though. They look nice but are not as comfortable as the old ones.

Last edited by Coral; May 15th, 2012 at 07:03 PM.

Old May 15th, 2012, 08:11 PM
5,000+ Club

Thanks for posting your live from. I'm enjoying reading it. I've considered doing a Coastal but still not sure. I was on the Sapphire last Saturday as well for the BVE. The ship does look beautiful

Michelle
(former CC name chloedmom)

Old May 15th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Indigo Band extended their contract on the Sapphire until June 16th - Be sure to go see them!! Great band!

Old May 15th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Coral, You guys are going to be lucky, as the weather here is supposed to be very nice and warm!!! Not the usual rainy start to the cruise ship season

Old May 15th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Deck Chairs

Coral,

How many chairs are on your balcony? I didn't know if there was extra seating since it is oversized. We plan to host family members on it during our August trip in that cabin. Thanks for the live posts!

Old May 15th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
That trip was over the 4th of July and the last time I was in Alaska! We are doing a coastal and then 2 weeks in Alaska. Hoping for great weather like our last cruise!
It was great weather. Not too hot & Not too cold! I'm hoping for that good of weather this time. It was also the last time we were in Alaska!
Enjoy your cruise!
Debbie

Last edited by msweeble1; May 15th, 2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: mispelling