Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old March 21st, 2009, 10:49 AM
10,000+ Club

Default Just back from London Cruise Show

You can see by my signature how well that went for me today

The RCCL stand is the first one you see as you enter. Good job manning that RCCL.... we had a short wait to see an agent to discuss our trip. By the time we left the show there was quite a queue!

Cruise Critic stand buzzing like crazy. Lovely to meet everyone. Not so sure about having my pic taken though. Stand down the left hand side as you enter the show.

Parking price is variable....NOT fixed at £10 but can be less if staying only 2 hours. Notes not accepted in the machines, just coins and bank cards. You can pay the attendants by notes at a desk just through the doors to the building.

Here's ElizaNessie

Adventure of the Seas - Westbound Transatlantic - 4th November 2013 Bit of a blog here
M/S Chardonnay : Cote d'Azur - Paris : 1st August 2013 Bit of a blog here
Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean - 17th March 2013 Bit of a (surprise) blog here
Adventure of the Seas – B2B in the Caribbean – 18th November 2012 Bit of a blog :here
Navigator of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - 26th November 2011 Bit of a blog :here Link to pics : here and here

Adventure of the Seas - 5 Nights out of Malaga - 8th November 2010 Bit of a blog : here
Radiance of the Seas - Alaska Cruise Tour - 31st July 2010 Bit of a blog : here Link to Linda's FB pics : here Some of Darran's pics are here
Jewel of the Seas - Panama Canal - 2nd March 2009
Bit of a blog : here Link to pics : here
Independence of the Seas - Treasures of the Med - 20th Sept 2008
Bit of a blog : here

Old March 21st, 2009, 10:59 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

At our local cruise shows, I have never seen a Cruise Critic booth, it was a good idea to have one.

Old March 21st, 2009, 12:54 PM
10,000+ Club

It was brilliant. Gave us a meeting point as well as having the chance to meet the people behind the scenes.

Adventure of the Seas - Westbound Transatlantic - 4th November 2013 Bit of a blog here
M/S Chardonnay : Cote d'Azur - Paris : 1st August 2013 Bit of a blog here
Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean - 17th March 2013 Bit of a (surprise) blog here
Adventure of the Seas – B2B in the Caribbean – 18th November 2012 Bit of a blog :here
Navigator of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - 26th November 2011 Bit of a blog :here Link to pics : here and here

Adventure of the Seas - 5 Nights out of Malaga - 8th November 2010 Bit of a blog : here
Radiance of the Seas - Alaska Cruise Tour - 31st July 2010 Bit of a blog : here Link to Linda's FB pics : here Some of Darran's pics are here
Jewel of the Seas - Panama Canal - 2nd March 2009
Bit of a blog : here Link to pics : here
Independence of the Seas - Treasures of the Med - 20th Sept 2008
Bit of a blog : here

Old March 21st, 2009, 01:14 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Here's hoping that they will have one in Atlanta...

Old March 21st, 2009, 04:03 PM
10,000+ Club

It was great meeting up at the Cruise Critic stand. The show was good (but not as big as expected). I was asked to give some feedback to teh show. I suggested that it should be bigger and include more on the destinations and perhaps have stalls selling cruise wear and accessories. We'll see what happens next year.

The courtesy bus from Embankment is very good.

MOS - E - Bartender And Stewart Trainee And Recreation Director First Class (With Hons) & England Goodwill Ambassador
Member # 006.4C WGIG
Proud member of ROS NUTZ2KKlub

Past cruises:

April 13 -Independence of the Seas Transatlantic,October 12 - Jewel of the Seas - New England ,October 11- Adventure of the Seas - Portugal, August 11 - Emerald Princess - The Baltics April 11- Independence of the Seas - Ireland October 10 Thomson Dream - Highlights of the Med, July 10 Balmoral - Spitzbergen, May 09 Seranade of the Seas - Alaska, Nov 08 P&O Artemis - Panama Canal, July 08 Queen Elizabeth 2 - Belgium & Holland,Nov 07 Monarch of the Seas - Baja Cruise, Oct 07 Vision of the Seas - Mexican Riviera, Oct 07 Norwegian Gem - Shakedown, May 07 Fred Olsen Braemar - Dutch Weekend, Oct 06 P&O Arcadia - Spirit of the Caribbean, Nov 05 Radiance of the Seas - W Caribbean, Nov 05 Radiance of the Seas - E Caribbean, May 04 Norwegian Dream - Mediterranean, Apr 03 Norwegian Sun - W Caribbean

Old March 21st, 2009, 04:07 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Anymore pictures?
2004 Mariner Of The Seas
2005 Mariner Of The Seas
2006 Voyager Of The Seas
2007 Explorer Of The Seas Mariner Of The Seas
2008 Voyager Of The Seas
2009 Mariner Of The Seas (Inaugural Cruise From LA),Liberty Of The Seas, Mariner Of The Seas (Pacific Coastal) Oasis Of The Seas (First Pre-inaugural plus front row seats for Rihanna!) Oasis Of The Seas (TV Crew, Interviews, A Dream Come True!) Oasis Of The Seas (Inaugural)
2010 Oasis Of The Seas
I'm now Diamond Plus!

NEXT UP:

Allure Of The Seas December 5, 2010
Allure Of The Seas January 2, 2011

Old March 21st, 2009, 04:10 PM
10,000+ Club

I didn't take any but I know that Carolyn of Cruise Critic took some of us and I am sure that there will be an official report up soon with pictures.

MOS - E - Bartender And Stewart Trainee And Recreation Director First Class (With Hons) & England Goodwill Ambassador
Member # 006.4C WGIG

Past cruises:

April 13 -Independence of the Seas Transatlantic,October 12 - Jewel of the Seas - New England ,October 11- Adventure of the Seas - Portugal, August 11 - Emerald Princess - The Baltics April 11- Independence of the Seas - Ireland October 10 Thomson Dream - Highlights of the Med, July 10 Balmoral - Spitzbergen, May 09 Seranade of the Seas - Alaska, Nov 08 P&O Artemis - Panama Canal, July 08 Queen Elizabeth 2 - Belgium & Holland,Nov 07 Monarch of the Seas - Baja Cruise, Oct 07 Vision of the Seas - Mexican Riviera, Oct 07 Norwegian Gem - Shakedown, May 07 Fred Olsen Braemar - Dutch Weekend, Oct 06 P&O Arcadia - Spirit of the Caribbean, Nov 05 Radiance of the Seas - W Caribbean, Nov 05 Radiance of the Seas - E Caribbean, May 04 Norwegian Dream - Mediterranean, Apr 03 Norwegian Sun - W Caribbean

Old March 21st, 2009, 04:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Well, I knew that transport to Excell would present a problem. And did it just!!

Travelled circle line to Bank as advised on CruiseShow site. Then walked down many flights of steps, down platforms and finally after much frustration, found the DLR!! (Docklands Light Railway). Disembarked at Canary Wharf. Expected the shuttle bus to be there. No such luck. Lollipop man saying 'Excell' points me in direction of bus. Walk a fair way - another lollipop man to give directions and yet another. Over a bridge and......finally, a bus!! Get to Excell. Up stairs (of course) down long, long hallway lined with coffee shops etc and finally ...........arrived!! Much smaller than we expected. And since at least 50% of visitors were fairly elderly, not a very suitable venue. Many were complaining about how inaccessible the venue proved to be. The DLR stations for Excell were closed and so was the Jubilee Line Tube at Canary Wharf.

We had fun whilst there and I met some CCers at the CruiseCritic stand. Elizanessie was the first person I met and we immediately went off for a coffee. Got our priorities right!! I was given a CC luggage label- hurrah!! RCCL had by far the most space with its three products and the Royal Caribbean stand especially, seemed very busy. There were I think, six reservation reps and one receptionist on Royal alone. Tried to get info on a Solstice trip on their stand, but unfortunately, no-one was available on their stand, who could operate the computer - eek!!!! But now have the brochure!! Halfway there!!

The HAL stand was a joke - took about a quarter of a small stand. Silversea was OK as was Regent - neither very busy though.
Also met Legallady? and NorbertsNiece - Carolyn Spencer-Brown's Deputy from the US was friendly and amusing. Didn't meet Carolyn as she was taking part in a seminar on family cruising - last thing we wanted to hear about was kids on board. We are all well past that scenario!!

The organisers could have tripled their attendance figures had it been held in one of the hotels in the West End of London, as it wasn't a very big exhibition by London standards.

Certainly didn't require Excell and all its difficulties.

But a good day out - would we go again? You bet!! But because of the location of the venue, I think it was a missed opportunity to pull in new cruisers. Everyone we met was a diehard cruiser anyway!!

Going home was interesting as I decided to go on the DLR in the opposite direction, to Stratford where I could then catch the Tube back to near where I live avoiding Bank Station. Of course, I didn't realise when making the decision, that Stratford is the site of the future Olympics - and I had a birdseye view from the DLR. A huge building site of course, but they have part of the stadium going up. Stratford Station is very modern and built for the job - but I don't think it will prove large enough to handle Olympic crowds. I think the DLR, Tube and Railway converge there.

Nice Tube journey from there. Stopped off at Bond Street to get gift for my Mum in Selfridges (best store in the world imho!). Love it and it was buzzing - yes, even in our dire economic straits!! Walked home from there and collapsed with exhaustion!!

We won't be hearing from Elizanessie for a few days as she is staying in London. When I heard she had won a competition for the CruiseShow, I assumed wrongly, that it included transportation and accommodation. Wrong!! Just a free ticket. Hmm...... we all got them free anyway from the internet!! I think that's the devotion of a Royal Champ - puts her money where her mouth is!!

-----------------------
Charter Member Royal PITA (Don't ask!!)

Last edited by hellosailer; March 21st, 2009 at 04:21 PM.

Old March 21st, 2009, 04:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailer View Post

-----------------------
Charter Member Royal PITA (Don't ask!!)

Lovely to meet you! Certainly not a PITA!! Glad your journey home was better.

Nina

Ventura - Eastern Caribbean - 16 November 2012
Marco Polo - Christmas Market cruise - 3 December 2011
Queen Elizabeth - Canaries - 19 April 2011
Queen Victoria - Southampton to Barcelona - 1 September 2010
Azura - Norwegian Fjords - 25 June 2010
Independence of the Seas - Italian Med - 26 September 2009
Vision of the Seas - Harwich-Oslo - 3 May 2009
Independence of the Seas Inaugural - 2 May 2008

Old March 21st, 2009, 05:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Nina - super meeting you too!! What a shame you don't agree that I am a Royal Pita - I try so hard at it LOL!!!

I am really glad we went - it was fun to see everyone. I enjoyed the guy selling on the Arthritis Stand who told me his machine would make the blood pump through my body. He didn't go much on my reply though. I said I didn't need his machine, as if my blood wasn't pumping, I wouldn't be standing there, I would be dead!! We all fell about...............except him!!!

Now he might agree that I am....................A Royal PITA!!! LOL

Last edited by hellosailer; March 21st, 2009 at 05:33 PM.

Old March 21st, 2009, 07:12 PM
Assistant Editor

Default Cruise Critic at the Cruise Show

We're halfway through this weekend's Cruise Show in London. Editor in Chief Carolyn Spencer Brown and Editor Kelly Ranson met members at the Cruise Critic booth. Check out our photos from today's events!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CruiseShow1.jpg (15.5 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg CruiseShow2.jpg (10.9 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg CruiseShow3.jpg (20.7 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg CruiseShow4.jpg (18.7 KB, 122 views)

Old March 21st, 2009, 07:14 PM
Assistant Editor

Default A few more photos!

...from the Cruise Show
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CruiseShow5.jpg (16.3 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg CruiseShow6.jpg (14.8 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg CruiseShow7.jpg (15.2 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg CruiseShow8.jpg (14.7 KB, 93 views)

Kimmiekaz

Old March 21st, 2009, 07:22 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly@cruisecritic View Post
...from the Cruise Show
Kimberly thank you! Do you have any other pictures of your area at the cruise show?
2004 Mariner Of The Seas
2005 Mariner Of The Seas
2006 Voyager Of The Seas
2007 Explorer Of The Seas Mariner Of The Seas
2008 Voyager Of The Seas
2009 Mariner Of The Seas (Inaugural Cruise From LA),Liberty Of The Seas, Mariner Of The Seas (Pacific Coastal) Oasis Of The Seas (First Pre-inaugural plus front row seats for Rihanna!) Oasis Of The Seas (TV Crew, Interviews, A Dream Come True!) Oasis Of The Seas (Inaugural)
2010 Oasis Of The Seas
I'm now Diamond Plus!

NEXT UP:

Allure Of The Seas December 5, 2010
Allure Of The Seas January 2, 2011

Old March 21st, 2009, 07:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailer View Post
Nina - super meeting you too!! What a shame you don't agree that I am a Royal Pita - I try so hard at it LOL!!!

I am really glad we went - it was fun to see everyone. I enjoyed the guy selling on the Arthritis Stand who told me his machine would make the blood pump through my body. He didn't go much on my reply though. I said I didn't need his machine, as if my blood wasn't pumping, I wouldn't be standing there, I would be dead!! We all fell about...............except him!!!

Now he might agree that I am....................A Royal PITA!!! LOL
Hey if you really want to be a Royal Pita then who am I to stand in your way!! You carry on being a Pita if it makes you happy!!!

Ah now the Arthritis Stand, I passed it on my way round and thought I'd probably need to go back and visit after the show (I bet that guy thought you were a pita!! ), plus I meant to go get a head massage!! However I wasn't in need of either thankfully!

Nina

Ventura - Eastern Caribbean - 16 November 2012
Marco Polo - Christmas Market cruise - 3 December 2011
Queen Elizabeth - Canaries - 19 April 2011
Queen Victoria - Southampton to Barcelona - 1 September 2010
Azura - Norwegian Fjords - 25 June 2010
Independence of the Seas - Italian Med - 26 September 2009
Vision of the Seas - Harwich-Oslo - 3 May 2009
Independence of the Seas Inaugural - 2 May 2008

Old March 21st, 2009, 08:51 PM
5,000+ Club

How can I find out if there is a cruise show near me? (South West Michigan)

Old March 21st, 2009, 08:56 PM
10,000+ Club

Is that Norbert's Niece in #6?

Old March 21st, 2009, 09:30 PM
5,000+ Club

Is this just a cruise show or a travel show? I had an email from my friend at a dive shop in Bali telling me, and others, that she would be at a travel show in London this weekend....booth #30 I think.

Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

Past Cruises:
Disney Ships: Disney Magic Oct 2012 // Disney Magic March 2013
Norwegian Ships: Norwegian Getaway 2014
Princess Ships: Island Princess April 2012 // Sapphire Princess July 2012 // Emerald Princess August 2013 // Caribbean Princess 2014
RCCL Family of Ships: Voyager OTS Dec 2011 // Mariner OTS Dec 2011 // Celebrity Millennium Oct 2011 // Allure OTS 7/17/2011 // Legend OTS 6/4/2011 // Brilliance OTS 2/1/2011 // Voyager OTS 12/19/2010 // Voyager OTS 11/28/2010 // Enchantment OTS 3/15/2010 // Serenade of the Seas 6/27/2009 // Voyager of the Seas - 4/12/2009 // Mariner of the Seas - 2/19/2009 // Voyager of the Seas - 12/28/2008 // Adventure of the Seas - Aug 2008 // Navigator of the Seas - 3/15/2008 // Grandeur of the Seas - 12/29/2007 // Majesty of the Seas - 10/5/2007 // Explorer of the Seas - 04/15/2007
Other Ships: Kangroo Explorer on GBR - Aug 2004 // Reeftel on the GBR - Aug 1999 //\\ Worked as Deck Crew on Multiple Vessels (Including offshore drilling rigs) Summer Work 1987-1991

RCCL Diamond Plus / Celebrity Elite / Princess Elite / Disney

Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cruise Critic's Photos from the Cruise Show

We're halfway through this weekend's Cruise Show in London. Editor in Chief Carolyn Spencer Brown and Editor Kelly Ranson met members at the Cruise Critic booth. Check out our photos from the day's events!

Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:45 AM
Assistant Editor

Default More Photos from the Cruise Show

Kimmiekaz

Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:50 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbhunt View Post
Is that Norbert's Niece in #6?
It is indeed Norbert's Niece

Member # 006.4C WGIG

Past cruises: